HELP ME: Forum is auto signing me out

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
The USMESSAGEBOARD forum is automatically signing me out if I open a new tab or make a post.

I have to re-sign in every time I post.

I thought it was my browser but I went to another forum using this format and had no issues....i even went to a forum with a different format and am not having the issue.

I clicked on the remember me box too which I never had to do in the past and its still signing me out.

Anyone have suggestions?

It just did it when i made that thread....had to re-sign in immediately after.

Maybe something is wrong with this computer...i'll try again later from home and see what happens.

Any suggestions are much appreciated though.

It just did it when i made that thread....had to re-sign in immediately after.

Maybe something is wrong with this computer...i'll try again later from home and see what happens.

Any suggestions are much appreciated though.
The session and the "remember me" are cookie functions. Sounds like you are disallowing cookies from usmessageboard.com, offhand.

The USMESSAGEBOARD forum is automatically signing me out if I open a new tab or make a post.

I thought it was my browser but I went to another forum using this format and had no issues....i even went to a forum with a different format and am not having the issue.

I clicked on the remember me box too which I never had to do in the past and its still signing me out.

Anyone have suggestions?

It could just be USMB, but I wouldn't take any chances. I'd run the following program in Safe mode:

Malwarebytes.org

Anyone have suggestions?

If you're on Windows and using IE, follow Dillo's advice because that is a possibility.

But I agree with Midnight, it sounds like your computer is canceling out the cookies, either you are not allowing them (or javascript) for this site or your cookies are getting wiped. If you are using Firefox just make sure you allow the URL on your script blockers.

I had a problem this morning, I couldn't sign in from Firefox. Every time I typed in my password and hit log in, the password box would blank out. Worked fine on IE...so I closed Firefox, updated it and now it works fine.

Prolly the powers that be changed some setting last maintenance session.

THanks for the input everyone.

I'll give those tips a shot now, there was a new security update i had downloaded for IE.

I haven't changed any settings and this was a new issue, its doing it right now actually.

If i figure it out i'll let y'all know what i had to do.

I had to put a special exemption for USMESSAGEBOARD.COM into my cookies list.

It seems after the lastest IE update I downloaded microsoft now thinks this site has an evil cookie :lol:

Sorry about all those posts....it was just diffferent.

If anyone else is having this problem after the last update just go to the cookies section under the tools menu, internet options, privacy tab. Then go to sites under the cookies part and add usmessageboard.com to the allow list.

Last edited:
How do you know it doesn't have an evil cookie?

I keep getting a message about port scan being blocked while here.:eusa_eh:

I wanna crack a joke right now but i dont think you'd like it....something along the lines of big brother/patriot act trying to shut down dissenting online opinions :D

I'm trying to be nice to everyone that i've been mean to in the past (you caught my ire once or twice in the past :lol:)

I wanna crack a joke right now but i dont think you'd like it....something along the lines of big brother/patriot act trying to shut down dissenting online opinions :D

I'm trying to be nice to everyone that i've been mean to in the past (you caught my ire once or twice in the past :lol:)
LOL I thought the same damn thing.

Forum List

Back