CDZ Help me form an idea, it is time to tax internet sales

It would be virtually impossible to tax internet sales since sales tax is a statewide decision, the states decide what the sales tax is, and many states have no sales tax. so i can simply use TOR or some other software to disguise my IP address and make it look like im buying the item from whatever state or country I want. How would you also enforce a foreign company from selling something in the USA without sales tax?

However taxing all business' equally no matter where their sales are made (which is how its currently done) allows the sate to charge sales tax if the business maintains a physical presence in that state.

I should also add this not the first time a problem like this has occurred, when sears first started it maintained its business by sending mail order catalog's to rural areas.It would then mail them whatever they wanted form the catalog, this is basically the same thing.

you also have to factor in services like streaming videos why would someone start such a business in a state that charges sales tax? how would you decide which sales tax they paid? and again how would you enforce it?
Disguise all you want you still have to give a ship to address

Forum List

Back