$JB4_175_bow.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 118
  • $JB4_blueglow_175_bob.png
    $JB4_blueglow_175_bob.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 100
  • $JB4_blueglow_lsd_175_bob_.jpg
    $JB4_blueglow_lsd_175_bob_.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 79
Want a 3D spinning one with some fancy effects?

I've been big into avatars that are too fancy, and I'm worried that with a rotating version, the letters would be misread. Are you good with gotik/neo-tribal stuff?

For lettering, if there is a font for it, I can do almost anything with it. :razz:
Recently I have been playing with 3D design, made my avatar for my first full animation and just have been playing with 3D a lot since. Spinning is just the most common one for lettering like that, so that's why I recommended it off the top, but really, almost anything can be done. Fire or water effects, flags billowing in the wind (recently figured that one out!), fancy lighting, halos, etc.. If it can be dreamt, I can figure it out ... eventually. But lettering is sooooooo easy for me.

Want a 3D spinning one with some fancy effects?

I've been big into avatars that are too fancy, and I'm worried that with a rotating version, the letters would be misread. Are you good with gotik/neo-tribal stuff?

I agree that if you rotated your symbols, the letters would look weird and be misread.

How about taking the blue glow and fading it from black to bright?

I did it with my symbol.

xotoxi-albums-images-picture238-animburst3.gif

How do I scan my own lettering and make it into a usable font? I don't remember what font I used for these (they're all derived from this one:
7401d1243021803-help-jb-pick-an-avvie-jbt2-small.png
)

I only chose the font because I needed something with proportions that would let me overlap the letters (J T B) and have it look relatively uniform- although it needs a lot of work. I need a font that will have the bottom curves on level (they're uneven in these models) and have the all the letters end at the same point horizontally (the edges should make a neat rectangle, but they don't). I'd like to get the T/J looking more like a hilt/cross, but I don't have any font installed that works and I lack the skills to do it by hand (Photoshop 7). Right now, it looks too much like a nail:doubt:

How do I scan my own lettering and make it into a usable font? I don't remember what font I used for these (they're all derived from this one:
7401d1243021803-help-jb-pick-an-avvie-jbt2-small.png
)

I only chose the font because I needed something with proportions that would let me overlap the letters (J T B) and have it look relatively uniform- although it needs a lot of work. I need a font that will have the bottom curves on level (they're uneven in these models) and have the all the letters end at the same point horizontally (the edges should make a neat rectangle, but they don't). I'd like to get the T/J looking more like a hilt/cross, but I don't have any font installed that works and I lack the skills to do it by hand (Photoshop 7). Right now, it looks too much like a nail:doubt:

Actually, with just that you can still do a lot. In Blender I can use the tracing method to make an exact copy in 3D as a plane, then extrude it and tadah! I would have a 3D model I could do anything with.

I installed blender, tried to follow the tutorials, went mad, threw the laptop, and killed a hard drive... :(

There's probably something really cool-looking that can be done, but I can't think of anything.

I installed blender, tried to follow the tutorials, went mad, threw the laptop, and killed a hard drive... :(

There's probably something really cool-looking that can be done, but I can't think of anything.

Blender is a very complicated modeling/rendering program, for beginners I recommend OpenFX for Windoze, you can't do as much but the interface is simpler. For
Ubuntu though Blender is the best, so I had to learn it, but once I did, there is sooooo much you can do with it, and I've only been playing with it for about a month now, still learning things.

I use Corel Draw and Gimp. I'm not very good at things, but good enough to entertain myself.

I use Corel Draw and Gimp. I'm not very good at things, but good enough to entertain myself.

Want to know a sad fact, Gimp is still the only free graphics program and one of the only two programs at all, that can handle full PNG alpha channels. Also, it was able to handle it long before the other one finally got it. LOL

Gimp rules.

Forum List

Back