Help. How to sharpen lawnmower blades?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So, I don't have a file, well I do, but I can't find it in the garage. Any of you know any tricks, tactics, or what have you sharpen my lawnmower blades?

I have sandpaper, and I doubt it will work even with elbow grease.

Ideas? Thanks.

So, I don't have a file, well I do, but I can't find it in the garage. Any of you know any tricks, tactics, or what have you sharpen my lawnmower blades?

Ideas? Thanks.

Do you have access to a thermo-nuclear device?

Just kidding....try the grinder.

I use a grinder........works well...................tried the thermo nuclear device once...........and died................this is ghost posting to you.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Ok back to getting screwed....................grrrrr........gonna see how many more of those dang things I can get out.

Use a grinder and take very short strokes....focus only on the cutting part. The blade comes off easy. Good luck. Ensure the number of strokes on each side is close to the same.

Ideas? Thanks.
Take it to a professional......because I was gonna suggest taking off the blades and putting it in a vise and filing it.

Note that mower blades are (or should be!) very hard steel, and it will take forever to file them sharp.
A grinder of some sort is essential.
Better to just buy a new set.

Ideas? Thanks.
Go to tractor supply and buy a new one.

Ideas? Thanks.
You can sharpen anything with an electric grinding wheel.

These only cost about USD $50 at any hardwares store.

What do you guys think about using a belt sander?

Works great!..... first - buy a dozen or more packs of sandpaper belts, cause you will snap them all after 1-2 minutes of use.
After you have broke all of the belts....go back to the hardware store and buy a grinder and try again.

Forum List

Back