Help Fixing Windows Photo Viewer

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Out of no where my Windows photo viewer quit working. When I try to open a photo it just gets stuck on loading, and when I try to force close it, it says it can not read the specific file type and errors out and asks if I want to send the error to Microsoft.

I am running Windows 7. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? I looked to see if there was an update for it, and it isn't showing one.

I haven't used 7 for a while, but I used to reinstall programs like that when the turned to crap. Google how.

Out of no where my Windows photo viewer quit working. When I try to open a photo it just gets stuck on loading, and when I try to force close it, it says it can not read the specific file type and errors out and asks if I want to send the error to Microsoft.

I am running Windows 7. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? I looked to see if there was an update for it, and it isn't showing one.
Corrupt or broken DLL file most likely, windows updates are good at breaking things, best way to fix it is reinstall it. Don't know but it may still be available at the Microsoft Store. Good luck.

You could try this;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/944221

Windows 7 is no longer being supported so you will probably have to upgrade to something newer.
It's still supported until January 2020 (security updates only), after that Win 7 users just need to be careful with what they do online and what they download and they should be good.

No seriously, just download a 3rd party photo viewer. Turn updates off before your stuff gets all broken.

https://www.itechtics.com/5-best-free-windows-photo-viewer-alternatives-windows-10/

New Topics

Forum List

Back