HELP! Any of you Computer Guru's?! S.O.S.

More like PMS. :evil:

PS-Sorry Maggie, it didn't work. :(

The next advice I took was from Dis. I went to the website she linked and ordered some RAM, it should be here in a few days. Now if THAT doesn't work.....................:confused:

Did you try a "safe" boot yet? ;)

Not yet. Are they size 9?

Okay ...

.... that was funny, you owe me a new keyboard and damn coffee hurts through the nose. :razz:

Anyhow, open your "shutdown" menu, there should be a "safe boot" selection (not sure what the exact label is). Normally you would use it to get rid of viruses, but it boots with only the kernel and required drivers, using a lot less RAM. You may be able to install it in that mode, then just reboot back to normal.

Are you installing drivers from a disc or from the manufacturers web site?

Better to download from the web site, more current.

Echo -- if all else fails, return the printer and do with less features, thus less RAM required. No? I assume it does everything but splash cold water on you when you're tired. Ask yourself if you really really really need a FAX these days, or even a copier (which in my experience will run through ink cartridges at light-speed).

My laser printer cartridge ran out. I need to get a new one but I'm dragging my feet on it. Anyway I had to write a letter the other day, I'm wandering around moaning about no cartridge in the printer. Mrs D, "why don't you get a pen and paper and write it?"

Oh, yes of course, we used to do that didn't we? :eusa_eh:

My laser printer cartridge ran out. I need to get a new one but I'm dragging my feet on it. Anyway I had to write a letter the other day, I'm wandering around moaning about no cartridge in the printer. Mrs D, "why don't you get a pen and paper and write it?"

What is this "pen" and "paper" you speak of? :razz:

Chuckling... Been there too. Yes, those situations are a hassle. What a spoiled, lazy lot we've become. My old computer only took the 4X4(?) floppies for backup, and I recall one day loading a 2-page letter, taking the disk to the library and running a copy on one of their printers. All because I couldn't be bothered hand-writing the damned thing. I convinced myself I 'needed' to check out their video library anyway. ;)

LOL. I still do hand Ledgers for Business. My accountant Whom I see every Spring gets a kick out of them.

My daughter and myself still write hand written thank you notes, does that count?

If you saw my handwriting you'd be convinced I was brought up in the jungle by a tribe of wolves...:redface:

Mine has gotten pretty bad over the last ten years or so. I used to rattle off 10 pages completely legible, but maybe it's for lack of doing it habitually anymore that my words (especially long ones) seem to trail off into obliv...............ionnnnnn.......

OK friends. The UPS guy just delivered my RAM ( no dirty jokes please) and I have a question for you all.

WTH DO I DO NOW??????????????????

OK friends. The UPS guy just delivered my RAM ( no dirty jokes please) and I have a question for you all.

Follow the directions verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry carefully. Good luck!

Stand outside naked until one of those little yellow "Geek Squad" cars drives by - jump in front of his car, and yell "STOP! I need you to open my case, and slide my RAM in!"

They'll likely do it for free.

This may not look exactly like your motherboard but what you have will be similar.

memory2.jpg

Here's a video. Ignore the steps you've already done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFIgSQOY7g&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFIgSQOY7g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back