Hell's Kitchen

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Wondering two things, who else enjoys this show and who are you rooting for?

I love watching Chef Gordon Ramsey make these so called professional chefs look like fools, it's brilliant. Right now I have to say, I finally picked a favorite, Danny is the one I suspect has the best chance, in spite of being green compared to others he is calmer and cooler under pressure and adapts quickly. For a young guy, he's impressive.

Gordon is a wonderful chef, does anyone recall what his favorite dish is?

I do know, just may as well make it interesting.

Oh, Catz, that's Kitchen Nightmares, they show it on FOX to between seasons of Hell's Kitchen. Love anything he is on, I actually get a lot of good cooking ideas from watching him, in spite of his being brutal. He reminds me of what type of boss I was when I was working in the similar field.

Given the nature of the tasks before him, doesn't look to me like he has much choice BUT to be hard ass.

Given the nature of the tasks before him, doesn't look to me like he has much choice BUT to be hard ass.

So true, so true. The morons on Hell's Kitchen this season have almost convinced him to just give up, that's hard to do. The first season they had a few great future chefs (the homemaker had my hopes up until she left, but even Gordon was a bit hard pressed because she learned a lot in such a short time). This season they couldn't even get potatoes right ... seriously, potatoes! Danny however is the most creative, in my opinion, what he did with the crab had me drooling (thinking of searching for the recipe online if he shared).

mac/cheese his mom's recipe....he elected that as his last meal so we can assume its his favorite..

as far as hells kitchen...the people picked are totally incapable of running a 5 star restaurant...they do not have the necessary business experience....there is a lot more to running a kitchen than being a cook...not one of the hells kitchens past winners is currently employed as the head chef of anything...
do a search on what became of them...unlike other cooking shows...top chef where the winner is given a write up and 100k to start a place....they are out there with their own money and depending on themselves....next food tv star..they are given a show and they have to take it from there...lets not forget guy is all over the place...cause people like hims..guys big bites...diners, drive in and dives...

i simply enjoy raymond blancs "last restaurant standing" or the "chopping block" with marco pierre (he and gorden used to be partners and friends...they havent spoke for a few years now...due to gorden taking a film crew to marcos winning...btw marco turned in all his michelin stars and retired...he seems to be an ethical man....

now lets discuss gorden ... gorden may have really fucked up and had an affair with a woman who is the spitting image of his wife 10 or 15 years ago and what 4 kids ago..his wife had trouble conceiving and underwent intro...now get this..gorden opts out of the actual birth of his kids...real man there...

i think they pick underqualified people and never have the intent of giving them the head chef job
now in gordens favor...his people are very loyal to him....

mac/cheese his mom's recipe....he elected that as his last meal so we can assume its his favorite..

as far as hells kitchen...the people picked are totally incapable of running a 5 star restaurant...they do not have the necessary business experience....there is a lot more to running a kitchen than being a cook...not one of the hells kitchens past winners is currently employed as the head chef of anything...
do a search on what became of them...unlike other cooking shows...top chef where the winner is given a write up and 100k to start a place....they are out there with their own money and depending on themselves....next food tv star..they are given a show and they have to take it from there...lets not forget guy is all over the place...cause people like hims..guys big bites...diners, drive in and dives...

i simply enjoy raymond blancs "last restaurant standing" or the "chopping block" with marco pierre (he and gorden used to be partners and friends...they havent spoke for a few years now...due to gorden taking a film crew to marcos winning...btw marco turned in all his michelin stars and retired...he seems to be an ethical man....

now lets discuss gorden ... gorden may have really fucked up and had an affair with a woman who is the spitting image of his wife 10 or 15 years ago and what 4 kids ago..his wife had trouble conceiving and underwent intro...now get this..gorden opts out of the actual birth of his kids...real man there...

i think they pick underqualified people and never have the intent of giving them the head chef job
now in gordens favor...his people are very loyal to him....

:clap2: I love it, a simple and elegant food being the greatest chef in our modern worlds favorite. As for your contention with Gordon's personal life ,,, meh. Nothing can detract from his brilliance as far as I am concerned, he is a great chef and earned his place as one. The first season they did pick a lot of qualified people, though it was proven that those with the least experience as chefs were the best. I think their shift to the lesser qualified yet more "professional" ones was because the network execs realized the home makers and lower tier cooks were just too good to make Gordon scream and holler enough for ratings.

I'm not a huge fan of Hell's Kitchen. I like Top Chef on Bravo better. Besides, Padma Lakshmi is smokin' hot.

51%2BAwfZAR6L._SX320_SY240_.jpg

I also love the BBC show where Gordon Ramsey goes into restaurants and fixes them. He's so brutal!

The US version of Kitchen Nightmares is even more profane! I love Gordon Ramsey though :)

Giovanni was my favorite up until this past week, obviously. I think Danny probably has the best shot. He's right out of the same mold as Rock and Christina from the past two seasons in that he's young but has some serious chops in the kitchen.

I'm glad they're doing 2 seasons this year!! Next one starts in July so there wont be a very long intermission.

I also love the BBC show where Gordon Ramsey goes into restaurants and fixes them. He's so brutal!

The US version of Kitchen Nightmares is even more profane! I love Gordon Ramsey though :)

Giovanni was my favorite up until this past week, obviously. I think Danny probably has the best shot. He's right out of the same mold as Rock and Christina from the past two seasons in that he's young but has some serious chops in the kitchen.

I'm glad they're doing 2 seasons this year!! Next one starts in July so there wont be a very long intermission.

One of the strong points Gordon looks for is the ability to learn, which Danny is clearly demonstrating. The dishes he makes are creative and mostly unique, Giovanni however is lacking in such an ability, and the other guy is just an arrogant prick, the fat guy (no I am not good with names) is just too weak and whiny. This is the only season a woman hasn't shined enough to sway my vote, the three remaining are just not shining in anything this time. Usually I have one female and one male by now that impresses me.

One of the strong points Gordon looks for is the ability to learn, which Danny is clearly demonstrating. The dishes he makes are creative and mostly unique, Giovanni however is lacking in such an ability, and the other guy is just an arrogant prick, the fat guy (no I am not good with names) is just too weak and whiny. This is the only season a woman hasn't shined enough to sway my vote, the three remaining are just not shining in anything this time. Usually I have one female and one male by now that impresses me.

Andrea is an absolute douche bag. I didn't like her from the initial conflicts with Carol. Not that Carol was much better, but Andrea has some kind of god complex. The challenge 2 weeks ago where they had to make something from crab, and Andrea said she's never even cooked a crab THEN insists that her dish is the one to represent the group really confirmed my position on her.

Paula is probably the only real threat to Danny IMO. She's got been fairly solid, but also seems like she's trying to fly under the radar, probably out of fear.

Robert is the fat guy. I'm sure he knows good food, just look at him! What I don't like is that he gave up his wedding to appear on a reality TV show. bad mojo there.

Ben is the real wild card. He's a good cook, and while being extremely verbose is annoying it does show that he has the underlying knowledge to back up his choices.

Andrea is an absolute douche bag. I didn't like her from the initial conflicts with Carol. Not that Carol was much better, but Andrea has some kind of god complex. The challenge 2 weeks ago where they had to make something from crab, and Andrea said she's never even cooked a crab THEN insists that her dish is the one to represent the group really confirmed my position on her.

Paula is probably the only real threat to Danny IMO. She's got been fairly solid, but also seems like she's trying to fly under the radar, probably out of fear.

Robert is the fat guy. I'm sure he knows good food, just look at him! What I don't like is that he gave up his wedding to appear on a reality TV show. bad mojo there.

Ben is the real wild card. He's a good cook, and while being extremely verbose is annoying it does show that he has the underlying knowledge to back up his choices.

Ben ... oh yeah, he's the one I think is just too arrogant. While he knows all the standard dishes he only showed an ounce of creativity in the last one, I would have had to taste them to see why Gordon picked it. You are right, Robert probably knows food well, but as I said, he's whiny ... something that no executive chef can survive with. If he grew a backbone I could see him winning.

Andrea, she's almost to the point of vile at times. I always confuse Paula and Carol, but I am guessing we agree on Paula being one that could almost compete with Danny in the creativity area. The crab dishes proved it. I liked the "earring" joke Gordon made about Andreas ... LOL.

Forum List

Back