Hello!

gnicari

Rookie
Apr 23, 2019
Hey everyone,
Just found this board after being a long time poster at another sports web forum. I mainly talked about politics anyway and it’s become less and less active. Did a web search and found this place. Seems pretty even as far as political parties and the debates were interesting in the few threads that I read. I typically like to talk about issues with both sides present, which section of the forum would be best for that and which is the most active?

Anyways, good to be here and I should be a fairly active poster each day.

Last edited:
:welcome:

f877f27bcf3588568f6afd9014d6f531.jpg

Hey everyone,
Just found this board after being a long time poster at another sports web forum. I mainly talked about politics anyway and it’s become less and less active. Did a web search and found this place. Seems pretty even as far as political parties and the debates were interesting in the few threads that I read. I typically like to talk about issues with both sides present, which section of the forum would be best for that and which is the most active?

Hi gnicari and welcome!
Glad you are here to contribute to the discussions.
I find most posts on Politics are under Politics and Current Events.
Even when they are about Media, Health Care, or Law and Justice.

Just go with the flow and it will take you where you need to interact with the audience here.

My suggestions if you want to get responses is to tag the person you are addressing
so they can track your replies and respond. Otherwise they may miss something you posted to them.

I do better when I stick to issues (never going into personal attacks that detract from the content)
and focus on where we agree before going into criticisms or objections
which I try to approach as mutual exchange and constructive corrections.

If people vent or start getting personal, again, I try to respond by sticking to the content.
As long as you post at least ONE line of content related to the original post topic, that isn't derailing.
(For the Clean Debate Zone, the rules are more restricted.
For the Flame and Taunting Zones there are open with almost no moderation.)

If you really want to pinpoint someone on a particular point you want to hammer home,
you can use the BULLRING to call someone out on an argument you know you can win.
Most people don't ever concede, but they "shut up" about that point once they get called out (and tagged).

If you have any problems, please feel free to ask a Moderator or another member by PM.
I am happy to help you as well!

Enjoy your conversations, and I look forward to reading your posts!

Yours truly,
Emily

PS I'm a prochoice progressive Green Democrat who identifies Constitutionalist
and aligns with more Conservatives than I do with liberals who are too biased in pushing their agenda through govt
at the expense of other people's free choice and beliefs.

Religiously I believe in God and Christ Jesus as the Universal Spirit of Truth/Wisdom and
Restorative Justice that brings Peace for all humanity. So I identify as Universalist
but more into the Trinity being a Universal construct in all religious systems and laws,
and I consider Constitutionalism to be a political religion and denomination of Christianity
that can have both liberal and conservative extremes. I try to accommodate all beliefs and all extremes
to be Constitutional inclusive and equally protective of all people regardless of creed. But I run into
such objection and resistance to that approach, I end up getting blamed as "enabling bigotry" by trying work with opposing camps.
I wish we would wise up and recognize political parties as political religions, so these are treated no differently than any
other religious organization expected to keep their beliefs out of govt and not impose them on others to fund and follow.
When we figure that out, that equal protection of the laws applies to political beliefs and creeds,
I think we'll be a much better country without the bullying in the media and waste of resources on endless fighting.

Thanks for all the friendliness everyone, I do believe I will enjoy this place.

Thanks for all the friendliness everyone, I do believe I will enjoy this place.
Hi, gnicari. Enjoy the board. Some folks are pretty rude, so don't let that bother you. Loosen your tie and have a donut.
upload_2019-4-24_10-56-15.png

Hey everyone,

Hi gnicari and welcome!

Just go with the flow and it will take you where you need to interact with the audience here.

My suggestions if you want to get responses is to tag the person you are addressing
so they can track your replies and respond. Otherwise they may miss something you posted to them.

I do better when I stick to issues (never going into personal attacks that detract from the content)

If people vent or start getting personal, again, I try to respond by sticking to the content.
As long as you post at least ONE line of content related to the original post topic, that isn't derailing.

If you really want to pinpoint someone on a particular point you want to hammer home,
you can use the BULLRING to call someone out on an argument you know you can win.
Most people don't ever concede, but they "shut up" about that point once they get called out (and tagged).

If you have any problems, please feel free to ask a Moderator or another member by PM.

Yours truly,
Emily

and aligns with more Conservatives than I do with liberals who are too biased in pushing their agenda through govt

Religiously I believe in God and Christ Jesus as the Universal Spirit of Truth/Wisdom and
Restorative Justice that brings Peace for all humanity. So I identify as Universalist
but more into the Trinity being a Universal construct in all religious systems and laws,
and I consider Constitutionalism to be a political religion and denomination of Christianity
that can have both liberal and conservative extremes. I try to accommodate all beliefs and all extremes
to be Constitutional inclusive and equally protective of all people regardless of creed. But I run into
such objection and resistance to that approach, I end up getting blamed as "enabling bigotry" by trying work with opposing camps.
I wish we would wise up and recognize political parties as political religions, so these are treated no differently than any
other religious organization expected to keep their beliefs out of govt and not impose them on others to fund and follow.
When we figure that out, that equal protection of the laws applies to political beliefs and creeds,
I think we'll be a much better country without the bullying in the media and waste of resources on endless fighting.
No really, Emily, feel free to express yourself.

Hey everyone,

Welcome

Hey everyone,

Hi gnicari and welcome!

Yours truly,
Emily

Thanks for the brief introduction. Myself personally, I am Constitutionalist and in 2019 that means I’m hard right even though I previously would’ve told you I was closer to center. Unfortunately the left has moved the goal posts so far to the left, that normal hard working men like myself are now considered hard right. I’m atheist (but recently I’m questioning it) and I think the biggest issue America is facing in 2019 and the next decade is Islamic immigration. I support the free market at all costs, even education. Not that I think public schooling shouldn’t be funded by government in some cases, just not the federal government. Carters biggest blunder was starting the department of education in 1979, since then education has gone down the drain.

Anyways, I’m rambling now, good to be here!

Hey everyone,

Hi gnicari and welcome!

Yours truly,
Emily

Thanks for the brief introduction. Myself personally, I am Constitutionalist and in 2019 that means I’m hard right even though I previously would’ve told you I was closer to center. Unfortunately the left has moved the goal posts so far to the left, that normal hard working men like myself are now considered hard right. I’m atheist (but recently I’m questioning it) and I think the biggest issue America is facing in 2019 and the next decade is Islamic immigration. I support the free market at all costs, even education. Not that I think public schooling shouldn’t be funded by government in some cases, just not the federal government. Carters biggest blunder was starting the department of education in 1979, since then education has gone down the drain.

Watch out for the liberals on this board
They are sneaky and can’t be trusted

Hey everyone,

Hi gnicari and welcome!

Yours truly,
Emily

Watch out for the liberals on this board
They are sneaky and can’t be trusted

That’s not just on a message board, that’s just a good life lesson in general. I appreciate the advice.

Hey everyone,

Hi gnicari and welcome!

Yours truly,
Emily

Emily is okay, I rate members now on how much they like bacon, Emily is a 9 :smoke:

wpid-keep-calm-and-love-bacon-285.png

Forum List

Back