Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, nice necro bump. I never did write-in Castle, I ended up writing-in Ron Paul again. Ha.

How is everyone? My favorite topics of discussion are those which pertain to matters of Individual Liberty.
I hope you get better. I can’t wait for you to tell us all about the hell you are going through right now when you get better!

One question. Do you have health insurance?

Much better, thanks for asking. I just got back from out-patient, they cleaned and rewrapped the legs. And, yes, insurance covers everything. Though, I did pay for my prescriptions out of pocket, I probably didn't have to but I didn't feel like screwing around with it. I wanted to get in and out. About a hundred dollars for those, maybe a little less.

How is everyone? My favorite topics of discussion are those which pertain to matters of Individual Liberty.
I hope you get better. I can’t wait for you to tell us all about the hell you are going through right now when you get better!

Much better, thanks for asking. I just got back from out-patient, they cleaned and rewrapped the legs. And, yes, insurance covers everything. Though, I did pay for my prescriptions out of pocket, I probably didn't have to but I didn't feel like screwing around with it. I wanted to get in and out. About a hundred dollars for those, maybe a little less.

Trust me.. If you're stuck without insurance coverage for drugs -- get a GoodRx (there are others) card. THeir discounts are as good or better than any insurance coverage I've had. They solve this problem right. I personally think they are heroes compared to politician lip-smacking.. And they don't require a huge amount of info and it's free...

End of commercial...

Prayers up for healing of your skin, Natural Citizen. :hands:

He seems to be bearing up well. And positive about it.

Thanks, beautress. My days and nights are still backwards, but I'm able to walk, jog on the tread and skip rope with no pain. Just hell's itch once in a while but the benadryl knocks that out.

Had this happened three or four years ago, I'd still have months, into a year for even a partial recovery ahead of me, and likely a lot of gross scarring, but the new burn treatment technologies like mepilex and santyl are changing the medical landscape in terms of severe second and third degree burns spread over the body. It's still very very new. It's perplexing how that stuff works.

From the knees down and on my hands the new layer of skin is deep purplish, pinkish, really blotchy, but I just have to stay out of the sun for the next months so it doesn't stay that way. They say if the sun hits that skin it'll stay that color my whole life. So, I don't want that. And I'll be going up there every Monday morning to get the leg wraps changed and new mepilex and santyl applied. If I do go out I'm in sweat pants, batting gloves and a hat, with sunblock underneath for added protection in case some light gets through.

There was some psychological trauma or shock the couple weeks after it initially happened, but a lot of people chimed in on here, and that helped a lot, that stuff's real. It's like a whole other kind of medicine. Like a mental or spiritual medicine. There's a lot I might wanna say about that one of these days, but I haven't really thought it all the way through. But I'm thankful for it, I know that much. And I sure won't forget it, people were good to me on here when it was the worst. I wasn't alone with it. Nope.

And I'm gaining weight back fast. Like really fast. Good weight now, too.

Last edited:
Lately. The disruption of normal life is getting to people.
I was listening to 'Doctor Radio' on sirius XM and they said
sadly, that likely alcoholism, drug abuse and domestic abuse will be on the rise.

Especially among poor families it's common to see a couple spend at least $20 to $40 a day on cigarettes , alcohol and often drugs, while they have 3 or 4 hungry kids living on hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.

Last edited:
Did you necro this, Natural Citizen ? Are you hungry?

Ha. No. I didn't necro bump it.

Angelo must be going through my old topics. He tried to derail one of my threads and I had to get the po po involved. He's probably all mad and stuff now.

I tell ya. Heh heh. Some people...

Lately. The disruption of normal life is getting to people.
I was listening to 'Doctor Radio' on sirius XM and they said
sadly, that likely alcoholism, drug abuse and domestic abuse will be on the rise.

Especially among poor families it's common to see a couple spend at least $20 to $40 a day on cigarettes , alcohol and often drugs, while they have 3 or 4 hungry kids living on hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.
why do they always leave our gratuitous sex?

~S~

He reported me for going off topic like a little pussy.

Well, I've always been a trustee in functional, yet stimulating, debate/discussion.

As I said to you directly in that thread, I had noticed that forum sliding is something you tend to do on here quite a bit. It's not so much the act of doing so, but more so your intent.

I did ask you very nicely not to do that in my threads. Did I not?

My usual gentlemanly demeanor goes only so far. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back