Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DLucia

Rookie
Oct 28, 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
My name is Dania and I am a senior in High School with a graduation project to do. The purpose of me registering to this site is to talk about my topic which is Medical Marijuana. This is a very controversial topic, and that is why I chose this website as it is very debatable topic in the political world that we live in today. My view on Marijuana is that it is just another plant found in the wilderness with medical components to help people with chronic diseases. Yes, it can alter someones mental state, but then again there are many prescription drugs that have this symptom as well; for instance, Oxidant and Morphine. The difference with marijuana is that the chemical CBD in it can be extracted away from the other psychoactive compounds such as THC. This is a peak into what I plan on talking about and hope every one can contribute with their opinions. Thank you all :)

The other drugs you mentioned are regulated by doctors and pharmacists, yet the marijuana community seems to think that is not necessary. Most people I know who use under a medical card actually are just recreational users, so the whole thing is a farce. Hemlock is a natural plant too. Already in Colorado we see problems with edible types of products which cannot be distinguished from normal candies. People are always looking for a way to justify bad behavior.

Welcome Dania! :) Hope you enjoy your time here.

For medical purposes, most definitely, and it already is legal in some states. Although I don't use drugs personally, I see no reason why it should not also be legalized for recreational purposes. I really see alcohol as being far more mind altering substance.

Hello there Dania...

15f593a8-2731-4a1d-be2a-51217c946449_zps8838099a.jpg

Marijuana helped me through my worst days of chemotherapy...and possibly helped save my life.

Welcome to the board...:)

Welcome.

As a forewarning, I will tell you that I would not expect to get much relevant or useful information for a school project from this message board, unless your project is on How Crazy Can Politics Make People on the Internet.
You are right about the craziness... I just read horrible things on what some one would do to me just because i support marijuana. But my purpose here is to see my results. What people are reacting to, and how, and why. Know any better discussion forums ?

Welcome.

As a forewarning, I will tell you that I would not expect to get much relevant or useful information for a school project from this message board, unless your project is on How Crazy Can Politics Make People on the Internet.
You are right about the craziness... I just read horrible things on what some one would do to me just because i support marijuana. But my purpose here is to see my results. What people are reacting to, and how, and why. Know any better discussion forums ?

Nope.

Hell, it couldn't be any worse than legalizing tobacco or alcohol. Why not?

GL with your project.

My name is Dania and I am a senior in High School with a graduation project to do. The purpose of me registering to this site is to talk about my topic which is Medical Marijuana. This is a very controversial topic, and that is why I chose this website as it is very debatable topic in the political world that we live in today. My view on Marijuana is that it is just another plant found in the wilderness with medical components to help people with chronic diseases. Yes, it can alter someones mental state, but then again there are many prescription drugs that have this symptom as well; for instance, Oxidant and Morphine. The difference with marijuana is that the chemical CBD in it can be extracted away from the other psychoactive compounds such as THC. This is a peak into what I plan on talking about and hope every one can contribute with their opinions. Thank you all :)

This is exactly why it's not sold over the counter legally. You answered your own question. Percoset, vikodin, and oxycodone all effect ones mental state and that is why they are prescriptions and also why doctors are getting hammered for prescribing too much.

I voted no, since I think it should be completely legal and not just used for medicine, since that has lead to legal issues already

Yes, if a doctor prescribes it.
No if some pot head decides it's a good idea.
In the latter case, he should be arrested, fined, and forced into rehabilitation, and the dealer executed.

Forum List

Back