Hello

UpAndAbout

Mar 19, 2012
Should have introduced, sorry. I guess my opinions on here reflect conservative, but I'm kind of a "live and let live" person -- if everyone would just mind their own business, work hard, and quit either blaming somebody else for their shortcomings or expecting someone else to fix them, we'd be better off. Reminds me of my grandmother, a hard-working farmer in the early 1900s when she'd put us kids to work in a task and we griped she'd say: "Quit your bellyaching and get to work!" (she was born in 1883 and died in 1977, when I was 27)

Hi and welcome to you both.
Hey Up- is your family still involved in agriculture?

My daughter married a farmer. he is actually the foreman on a huge farm here. She inherited her great-grandmother's green thumb, I did not. I enjoy a vegetable garden but that's it. When my grandmother moved to Washington from Kansas, she grew every vegetable and fruit she ate. No meat. She did have chickens for a while, but that was it. She froze and canned everything.

Welcome to the forums UpAndAbout. Hope to see you upandabout hereabouts. :thup:

Should have introduced, sorry. I guess my opinions on here reflect conservative, but I'm kind of a "live and let live" person -- if everyone would just mind their own business, work hard, and quit either blaming somebody else for their shortcomings or expecting someone else to fix them, we'd be better off. Reminds me of my grandmother, a hard-working farmer in the early 1900s when she'd put us kids to work in a task and we griped she'd say: "Quit your bellyaching and get to work!" (she was born in 1883 and died in 1977, when I was 27)
Welcome to USMB, UpAndAbout. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Forum List

Back