Hello

rhet 2

Sep 3, 2010
To keep it simple, I'm a semi-retired English prof with two degrees: one in medieval languages and literatures, the other in composition and rhetoric.

And I am NOT a believer in Grammar Police Thuggology -- too much Chaucer and Shakespeare and Samuel Pepys, I suppose.

I adore satire, and my favorite is Jonathan Swift. Gullible Travels is okay, but Modest Proposal blows the British brutality to smithereens.

Oh, not that it matters all that much, but I'm a Texan, family back to Austin's second bunch of imports, family buried all over the state -- and I've got a great-great granddaddy who fought with Marion in the Carolinas -- Mel Gibson should eat his heart out.

Welcome rhet! Good to see you here. :)

Glad you're here. The longer you stay, the more rhetoric you will be exposed to. By the way, what's your blood type and have you had any social diseases lately?

To keep it simple, I'm a semi-retired English prof with two degrees: one in medieval languages and literatures, the other in composition and rhetoric.

And I am NOT a believer in Grammar Police Thuggology -- too much Chaucer and Shakespeare and Samuel Pepys, I suppose.

I adore satire, and my favorite is Jonathan Swift. Gullible Travels is okay, but Modest Proposal blows the British brutality to smithereens.

Oh, not that it matters all that much, but I'm a Texan, family back to Austin's second bunch of imports, family buried all over the state -- and I've got a great-great granddaddy who fought with Marion in the Carolinas -- Mel Gibson should eat his heart out.

Hello rhet 2. I enjoyed your introduction. :)

Attachments

• $th_Welcome.jpg
    $th_Welcome.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 168
Glad you're here. The longer you stay, the more rhetoric you will be exposed to. By the way, what's your blood type and have you had any social diseases lately?

AB+

And I'm infected with Senile Dementia which is VERY contagious -- but only through direct DNA injections.

:))

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I'm impressed, you're more than qualified, in fact, I feel like rubbing my index finger on my lips and going ba de, ba de, ba de, ba de..

I'm very interested in medieval languages but I do it rather badly. Perhaps you could help.

Now, here's an example.. Now, by my faith thou art a wondrous well addition..

(I'm not happy with this.. I want a do-over, later)

Last edited:
Damn glad to meet ya,

Grab a brew don't cost nuttin'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CE6z4vnGw&feature=related]YouTube - Classic Movie Line #3[/ame]

I'm impressed, you're more than qualified, in fact, I feel like rubbing my index finger on my lips and going ba de, ba de, ba de, ba de..

I'm very interested in medieval languages but I do it rather badly. Perhaps you could help.

T'is aw weel, ich vow, mine parfait gentile knight. Thu the airt an wel comin soures soote (sorry, Chaucer: couldn't remember the exact wording from Bright, so I stole a bit from you, old sod).

Please remember: that's semi-retired -- and the Senile Dementia -- meaning I'm not as sprightly as I used ter be. :))

T'is aw weel, ich vow, mine parfait gentile knight. Thu the airt an wel comin soures soote (sorry, Chaucer: couldn't remember the exact wording from Bright, so I stole a bit from you, old sod).

Please remember: that's semi-retired -- and the Senile Dementia -- meaning I'm not as sprightly as I used ter be. :))

Well... sheez..even far more impressed now.. ah .. perhaps medieval isn't my cup of tea..:lol:

If your senile then I'm a basket case....

(Lumpy 1 .. head repetitively bouncing off wall)

Well... sheez..even far more impressed now.. ah .. perhaps medieval isn't my cup of tea..:lol:

Now I'm definitely turning on the skeptic faucets full force. I seriously doubt that medieval is at all beyond your abilities -- and why bash a very nice set of brains on a dumb wall?

I truly mean that, BTW: God doesn't make trash -- and your brain is just as good as mine any day of the week. Each of us spends our time and energy on something different than others do -- THANK GOD! -- because that way each of us has something more to learn about something until the day we die -- and somebody to teach it to us.

Now I'm definitely turning on the skeptic faucets full force. I seriously doubt that medieval is at all beyond your abilities -- and why bash a very nice set of brains on a dumb wall?

I truly mean that, BTW: God doesn't make trash -- and your brain is just as good as mine any day of the week. Each of us spends our time and energy on something different than others do -- THANK GOD! -- because that way each of us has something more to learn about something until the day we die -- and somebody to teach it to us.

Well.. I'm good at flying kites... can we start there?...:lol:

I am impressed with your introduction and would agree that we all offer differences that are valuable. I'm just a little tired I guess and my humor must be lacking tonight. In other words my heads not bouncing off the wall and the only Old English I'm familiar with, you find a Renaissance Fair's..
I like to have fun Darlin and I'm thinking you and I certainly will..

Last edited:

Well.. I'm good at flying kites... can we start there?...:lol:

I am impressed with your introduction and would agree that we all offer differences that are valuable. I'm just a little tired I guess and my humor must be lacking tonight. In other words my heads not bouncing off the wall and the only Old English I'm familiar with you find a Renaissance Fair's..
I like to have fun Darlin and I'm thinking you and I certainly will..

Oh, I suspect we definitely will enjoy a "meeting of the minds" -- and kites are FUN!