Hello US posters..

No i'm not. I practice the Tibetan technics mostly. I don't know to much about the Japanese practice. Do you post in the Religion threads? I haven't visited there yet as my time here is limited and i just haven't had a chance.

No trying to convince someone that god doesn't exist is the same as trying to convince someone who has been led to believe their whole lives by their parents and their parents before them,that there is a difference between the two parties of democrats and republicans,not understanding they have been programmed their whole lives by what their parents were programmed to believe that this is a free country with free elections and that its really a one party system designed to look like two parties so the sheople think they have a choice in who gets elected.just goes through one ear and other the other with some people so I stay away from the religion section.

however if you are open minded,you should go to one of these meetings and check them out.here is the address and phone number,they might even have a center that is even closer to you as well that you can attend.I can tell you,since becoming a member of this group,its totally changed my life for the better as it it has with thousands of others.

the thing that I immediately liked about them was they don't ask you to give up your religion you have now.If you are Baptist and want to keep going to church,thats fine,they don't say you have to give it up.thats different than most religions. they just ask that you add this practice that they practice on to whatever religion you are in. cant hurt if you are open to new things.:beer:

San Francisco Culture Center - SGI-USA Events and Concerts in San Francisco - San Francisco Culture Center - SGI-USA - Eventful
My experience is one can have a good discussion without the conversionary mindset or that being the goal.. Most Buddhist practices have the same basic universal teachings just cultural differences and i am happy and balanced with my current practice. If i find myself in the area i will drop by the center though. Thank you..:smile:
cool.I never try to say to someone that their religion is wrong and am not saying that whatsoever here to you at all either.Im sure your practice has indeed brought happiness and balance to you no doubt.

The only thing i want to add on is the practice they have and that I have with them as well is with this practice,you'll find whatever goal or dream in life you have,you can achive it and it can turn your life around.It wont happen overnight,its not a magic wand-"I always had to be reminded of that when i first started out." but over a period of time you get all the things you ever wanted.Its not an easy practice by any means at all.You got to stay patient it.the young more than anything,really have a problem with that cause they want things NOW.

that wont be a problem with you though.you know that you got to work at something to get the results you want.Im just one tens of thousands of stories out there of people who after joing this religion had their lives changed dramatically all for the better cause of it.

In short,with ME the way it changed mine was I was always depressed all the time feeling like i was going nowhere in life and always wanted to commit suicide but too afraid to do it because of being taught i would go to hell for it because its still taking another life.

since joining the practice,again my outlook on life has changed all for the best now and i have never once thought of suicide since then.:thup:

If your REALLY interested in finding out more on it though,go rent the movie WHATS LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT? they touch a little on the practice itself in the movie a little and tina turner who the movie is all about,she credits this practice to turning her life around as well.:thup:

as i said before,you can get what all you want,all your dreams you have you can achive them with this,but it takes time.I had to be reminded about that many times over the years when i first got started and would always complain and say-I have been in this practice for years now and i still dont have what I want." then the senior members there would say-"Its not a magic wand,it takes time.wouldnt you rather have the things you want come to you someday years later in life than never at all?" and what really kept me going was one asked me the question-think about this,do you think you can get all the things you want without this practice? and that was an easy answer for me cause i knew knowing myself the answer was no.
I have known deep depression in my life too and my practice was instrumental in bringing clear light into my life.
I'm not sure if you are speaking of material possessions as the things you want in life. I have been blessed in my life and really do not have needs that have not been met. My goals in life are to be as helpful and compassionate to other sentient beings as i possibly can. Sometime spiritual practice is more about what one can bring to it than what it can bring to one.

oh no,in not just talking about material things at all.it pretty much is the same as yours,what I had to learn when i first started because i was so young is that true happiness is not getting all the material things you want in life,but true happiness is actually having the confidance to overcome any problem you have whether its health or whatever.i have seen and heard too many countless stories of members experinces of overcoming health problems they had that they could never overcome before becoming a member.:thup:

if you count on material things for happinessas you know, then someday in life you'll be dissapointed.cause you can lose all those things you have,you never know,then what? like the title of the play says-YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU.

matter of fact,i mentioend there are countless numbers of stories from people that are members.i think you might enjoy reading some of them here int his link,some are members that been there for decades,some are from people who came to this place for the first time talking about what a great experience it was like no other they ever experienced.:smile:

Soka Gakkai International of America - Mission - San Francisco CA Yelp
Thank you and i am glad you found Buddhism at a time when it was most beneficial for you as i did.
As an aside thought, you can find many interesting interviews of ordinary people concerning their spiritual awakenings and paths at Bat Gap..Buddha at the Gas Pump.

I'm looking forward to sharing information and opinions with the folks here. Born and raised in California and consider myself Constitutional independent politically. I'm 65, retired and have 3 children and 4 grand children. I'm a practicing Buddhist but have a comparitive religious education.
That's me in a nutshell..:bye1:
Hello.
Firstly, due to the headline, I thought a non-american noob has arrived. But know the guy is an American who greets just US-citizens, excluding the others (potentially America-haters in his opinion, I guess) from his salutation.

Yeah, have a nice day, too.
I was referring to the name of the Message board..but that's a nice chip on your shoulder you got there, lol.
That´s what I would have said. Referring to the name of the board, rofl
rudern.gif

That little guy needs to slow his row..lol
Row Row Row your boat gently down the stream
Merrily Merrily, Merrily Merrily
Life is but a dream..

Be well Bleipriester :smile:

I'm looking forward to sharing information and opinions with the folks here. Born and raised in California and consider myself Constitutional independent politically. I'm 65, retired and have 3 children and 4 grand children. I'm a practicing Buddhist but have a comparitive religious education.
Hello.
Firstly, due to the headline, I thought a non-american noob has arrived. But know the guy is an American who greets just US-citizens, excluding the others (potentially America-haters in his opinion, I guess) from his salutation.

I was referring to the name of the Message board..but that's a nice chip on your shoulder you got there, lol.
rudern.gif

Life is but a dream..

Well done! But I don´t think it will change that you are the guy in the boat :)

Hello.

rudern.gif

Life is but a dream..

Sounds like a personal problem to me..do you have a specific issue with me or are you just naturally aggressive?

Hello.

rudern.gif

Life is but a dream..

Sounds like a personal problem to me..do you have a specific issue with me or are you just naturally aggressive?
Me? Aggressive? Just because you row back?

rudern.gif

Life is but a dream..

Just trying to assess whether you are hazing me or just a run of the mill troll. Again.. Do you have an particular issue with me?

rudern.gif

Life is but a dream..

Just trying to assess whether you are hazing me or just a run of the mill troll. Again.. Do you have an particular issue with me?
You will soon figure out how this board rolls and not take offence of any nothing anymore.

Last edited:
Life is but a dream..

You will soon figure out how this board rolls and not take offence of any nothing anymore.
I'm not taking offense..since you won't give me a straight answer to a simple query i most likely will not bother with you again. Be well.

I'm not taking offense..since you won't give me a straight answer to a simple query i most likely will not bother with you again. Be well.
What ever. Feel free to do and think what you want. But if you think that someone could have a problem with a person that is completely strange to him, don´t make it my problem, please.

Forum List

Back