Hello there.

Obviously I am another noob who has joined the board. I am center left politically, & look forward to getting into discussions after I take some time to look around the place. :beer:

Ah, fresh blood! ;)

Needless to say it won't take you long to figure out that like most message boards this one has it's share of crazies.

Fortunately there is the Lounge area where crazies are required to pretend to be normal while they are in there if you just want to rest up and chat about pets, books, games, etc.

As far as the rest goes a sense of humor of the best defense. The crazies hate it when you just :lol: at their feeble attempts to bait you into making a mistake.

OhHai.jpg

Obviously I am another noob who has joined the board. I am center left politically, & look forward to getting into discussions after I take some time to look around the place. :beer:

Ah, fresh blood! ;)

Needless to say it won't take you long to figure out that like most message boards this one has it's share of crazies.

Fortunately there is the Lounge area where crazies are required to pretend to be normal while they are in there if you just want to rest up and chat about pets, books, games, etc.

As far as the rest goes a sense of humor of the best defense. The crazies hate it when you just :lol: at their feeble attempts to bait you into making a mistake.

Thanx for the heads up- I'll be dropping in on the Lounge & check it out. & yeppers- taking it all in stride & the nuttier ones do make for great entertainment...

Last edited:

Ah, fresh blood! ;)

Thanx for the heads up- I'll be dropping in on the Lounge & check it out. & yeppers- taking it all in stride & the nuttier ones do make for great entertainment...

FYI some of the crazies here are simply not worth the time and bandwidth it takes to scroll past their posts. That is where Cyberia comes in handy. Just give the nutters a one-way ticket to Iggyland and they no longer show up! :D

Welcome. I like the Barry Goldwater quote. He was a good man. Here is a quote from his good friend...

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Ah, fresh blood! ;)

FYI some of the crazies here are simply not worth the time and bandwidth it takes to scroll past their posts. That is where Cyberia comes in handy. Just give the nutters a one-way ticket to Iggyland and they no longer show up! :D

oh, this isn't my first rodeo... I've been on message boards almost 10 years now, & the more 'foolish' ones are all generic versions of themselves- they don't bother me. some I'll get into it just for fun, others I don't, but I've never actually hit that iggy button.

Welcome. I like the Barry Goldwater quote. He was a good man. Here is a quote from his good friend...

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Amazing & hard to believe that at the end of the day, both sides of the aisle liked each other & actually would spend leisure time in each other's company.

Amazing & hard to believe that at the end of the day, both sides of the aisle liked each other & actually would spend leisure time in each other's company.

Goldwater, Jfk Election Campaign In '64 Might Have Offered Public A Great Debate

A few years ago I interviewed many people about that 1964 campaign and stumbled across an interesting tidbit: It was the election that could have changed American politics.

In 1963, Goldwater and his friend, John F. Kennedy, shared a radical plan: The two men would campaign as a team. The Republican and the Democratic president would barnstorm the country and speak on the same platform. The ideas - conservative vs. liberal - would be debated and the election would be a referendum on public policy.

"I knew him as a close friend and I had really looked forward to running against him in the election that was to be held," Goldwater wrote after Kennedy's death in 1963. The two candidates planned to stump the country "like politicians should do. Standing up to state our points, our issues, and then debating each other."

Imagine that. These two politicians could have built a stage for a politics of discourse, a test of ideas. Goldwater was fond of JFK. It was a friendship that did not require affirmation; they could agree to disagree.

Kennedy's assassination ended the notion of a joint campaign stage.

Forum List

Back