Hello, I'm your Huckleberry.......

KsLawDawg

Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
NW Arkansas
Hi,

So who am I? Why am I here?

I am veteran of several boards and come here in hopes of finding more people who are not into politics of hate, but are interested in Politics of Hope.

I am a Former Law Enforcement Officer, who worked for the State of Kansas. I currently reside in NW Arkansas.

I am writing a book, it is called Country Before Party, People before Profits, Politics of Hope not Hate.

I do have a agenda, as most people do. I am TRUE Independent, who believes that both parties have become self serving, corrupted, ineffective, and incompetent politicians who are controlled by the Corporations.

I used to be a republican at one time, back when they were the Big Tent Party, and they knew what conservatism meant, you know before they let the Moral Majority come in and destroy the party. It's seems they are suffering from a bit of a Identity crises right now, in that they are supporting a liberal packaged as a conservative.

I have also been a democrat, until they lost their spine and abandoned the American worker. Then they started representing the extremes within their party and abandoned their core.

I started out supporting Huckabee this year, then when he dropped out I looked at Obama, and Now I am probably going to vote for Nader/Gonzales.

I have a dream, that someday we the people will put together a grass roots movement and form a viable 3rd party in which we can get a candidate on the ballot who represents the people and not the Lobbyists and Special interests of Corporate America.

I believe in Capitalism, and I am not anti-business. I own my own Business so why would I be anti-business? I am anti-globalization. I am for FAIR TRADE, Not FREE TRADE and there is a difference!

I Like Pat Buchannon and Lou Dobbs. Cause they represent my views more than anyone else does.

You will often hear me speak of my plan. That's because I do actually have a comprehensive plan complete with facts and figures to show how we can pay off the debt in 7-10 years by not allowing any new programs, cutting wasteful spending, Corporate tax Shelters, and returning to the tax rates we had under Clinton.

After we pay of the debt and return to being a lender nation I show how we can afford a National Health care Plan that has cost controls in place. If we cannot control costs and improve health care then it's not worth doing. Well my plan shows how we can do both, and How I will pay for it.

It is offered as a alternative to private care, not a replacement. It is designed to give you more choice, more choices mean more freedom. Plus it also designed to create competition against private care. When companies compete America wins.

I also have a Energy Plan, that decreases our consumption of Oil, but doesn't replace it. By giving Malls, and Business Tax incentives to go solar, we can reduce our dependency on foreign oil. As More Businesses take advantage of the tax incentives to go solar, it will help lower the cost of solar panels, which will make it cheaper and easier for individuals to equip their homes with solar energy.

In addition to this, we give tax incentives for individuals to buy fuel efficient cars or electric cars. I believe we can have the impact on reducing our dependency on oil by helping companies develop cars that run on alternative energy such as the electric car or hybrids. I do not support ethanol, or any type of alternative energy that uses crops to produce energy. As our world continues to grow, the demand for food will continue to grow, we might solve one problem only to end up with another. Increase World demand for food would eventually cause the same problem we have with Oil today. I believe in Solar and Wind, and Nuke, and Oil. Once again the more choices we have the less chance we will have of one part of the world holding us hostage.

I propose the country take on a new Initiative like we did with the Apollo program, by proposing we Build a Bullet Train Interstate Network, that matches our current Interstate Highway system Mile for Mile, at a cost of 2.1 trillion dollars. I know that sounds like a alot of money, and it is. But I can pay for it in 2 years. How you ask? Well it's quite simple really, we will be running a 1.275 TRILLION surplus once I pay off the debt and return us to a lender nation.

I would take away the business tax deduction for travel costs using airlines. There is no good reason why we should be wasting energy flying people across the country to conduct meetings that can be done over video conferencing and by using faxes and e-mail. Plus there is no good reason why the Government should be paying for this wasteful practice.

Once the Bullet Train is Built, we would however allow Businesses to write of the cost of traveling on it. It would cost about 1/5th of Air travel so it would save the Government Money and save us energy.

This also would create alot of good paying jobs here, and that would be money that stays here in this country, not go overseas making another country rich.

I would stop any spending of American Tax dollars in a Foreign Country. All Military spending would only be awarded to American Companies. I'm not going to send our Tax dollars overseas to a communist country to build our Military equipment.

When we do this, they take our Tax dollars and build their own military up with them. Not to bright. We must make sure we keep our industrial base in tact, it is in the interest of National security that we do so. Plus we have millions of skilled American Workers who have lost their jobs due to Globalization and Outsourcing who could be doing that work. I say let's keep our Money here, and let's put Good Americans back to work.

Anyway I didn't mean to write a book as my first post, but hopefully this will give you some insight as to who I am, and what I stand for. There is much more to my plan.....but I will post it a little bit at a time.

I do look forward to discussing ideas, and debating the merits of them. I don't play the democrat vs republican game. I don't get dragged into politics of hate. I only want to talk about what we can do as a country to move this once great nation forward. We cannot continue to be stuck on stupid.

History is a great teacher and history is not politically biased.

History doesn't lie..........people do. I do not try to re-write history, I only hope to learn from it, so we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.

I am a visionary, I look for long term solutions which will keep this country great for the ages. I'm not into putting band-aids on heart attacks like today's politicians do. I do not believe in 30 second campaign commercials. I like to call this fast food Government, and just like Fast food, it's not good for you.

I believe in going out and talking to the people, finding out whats bothering them and what can the Government do to help them improve their lives.

Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all, and sharing ideas, not hate.

Thank you!

"Country before Party!"

"People before Profits!"

"Politics of Hope, not Hate!"

He had a thousand ideas, you might have heard his name
He lived alone with his vision
Not looking for fortune or fame
Never said too much to speak of
He was off on another plane
The words that he said were a mystery
Nobody's sure he was sane

But he knew, he knew more than me or you
No one could see his view, Oh where was he going to

He was in search of an answer
The nature of what we are
He was trying to do it a new way
He was bright as a star
But nobody understood him
"His numbers are not the way"
He's lost in the deepest enigma
Which no one's unraveled today

No one could see his view, Oh where was he going to
And he tried, but before he could tell us he died
When he left us the people cried,
Oh where was he going to?

He had a different idea
A glimpse of the master plan
He could see into the future
A true visionary man
But there's something he never told us
It died when he went away
If only he could have been with us
No telling what he might say

No one could see his view
Oh, where was he going to
But he knew, you could tell by the picture he drew
It was totally something new,
Oh where was he going to

Quite an introduction.

I will be particularly interested to see this plan in greater detail

After we pay of the debt and return to being a lender nation I show how we can afford a National Health care Plan that has cost controls in place. If we cannot control costs and improve health care then it's not worth doing. Well my plan shows how we can do both, and How I will pay for it.

This will interesting also because this will be one topic upon which I have no background or formed opinions of any kind

I propose the country take on a new Initiative like we did with the Apollo program, by proposing we Build a Bullet Train Interstate Network, that matches our current Interstate Highway system Mile for Mile, at a cost of 2.1 trillion dollars.

This following topic, I think, regardless of the brilliance of your plans for ending government waste, will be interesting..

we will be running a 1.275 TRILLION surplus once I pay off the debt and return us to a lender nation.

..because, I am convinced that if we actually did run the government on a balanced budget and paid off our national debts, we'd begin a DEflationary cycle that might actually be more destructive than the hyperinflationary cycles we seems to get into .

Speaking as somebody who runs a net-centric international organization of volunteers, naturally, I find this plan intriging, as well..

I would take away the business tax deduction for travel costs using airlines. There is no good reason why we should be wasting energy flying people across the country to conduct meetings that can be done over video conferencing and by using faxes and e-mail. Plus there is no good reason why the Government should be paying for this wasteful practice.

Welcome from a fellow newbie to this board.

I'm reasonably certain, if you don't mind wading though the one liner insult bitchfests that often seem to dilute some threads and some topics, you will find, as I have, that there are some good minds here.

i'm your huckleberry.. hehehe..

I used to use that line too.

welcome aboard.

Ahem. Free trade is fair trade--it's the ONLY fair trade.

Welcome.

Hi,

So who am I? Why am I here?

I am veteran of several boards and come here in hopes of finding more people who are not into politics of hate, but are interested in Politics of Hope.

I am a Former Law Enforcement Officer, who worked for the State of Kansas. I currently reside in NW Arkansas.

I am writing a book, it is called Country Before Party, People before Profits, Politics of Hope not Hate.

I do have a agenda, as most people do. I am TRUE Independent, who believes that both parties have become self serving, corrupted, ineffective, and incompetent politicians who are controlled by the Corporations.

I used to be a republican at one time, back when they were the Big Tent Party, and they knew what conservatism meant, you know before they let the Moral Majority come in and destroy the party. It's seems they are suffering from a bit of a Identity crises right now, in that they are supporting a liberal packaged as a conservative.

I have also been a democrat, until they lost their spine and abandoned the American worker. Then they started representing the extremes within their party and abandoned their core.

I started out supporting Huckabee this year, then when he dropped out I looked at Obama, and Now I am probably going to vote for Nader/Gonzales.

I have a dream, that someday we the people will put together a grass roots movement and form a viable 3rd party in which we can get a candidate on the ballot who represents the people and not the Lobbyists and Special interests of Corporate America.

I believe in Capitalism, and I am not anti-business. I own my own Business so why would I be anti-business? I am anti-globalization. I am for FAIR TRADE, Not FREE TRADE and there is a difference!

I Like Pat Buchannon and Lou Dobbs. Cause they represent my views more than anyone else does.

You will often hear me speak of my plan. That's because I do actually have a comprehensive plan complete with facts and figures to show how we can pay off the debt in 7-10 years by not allowing any new programs, cutting wasteful spending, Corporate tax Shelters, and returning to the tax rates we had under Clinton.

It is offered as a alternative to private care, not a replacement. It is designed to give you more choice, more choices mean more freedom. Plus it also designed to create competition against private care. When companies compete America wins.

I also have a Energy Plan, that decreases our consumption of Oil, but doesn't replace it. By giving Malls, and Business Tax incentives to go solar, we can reduce our dependency on foreign oil. As More Businesses take advantage of the tax incentives to go solar, it will help lower the cost of solar panels, which will make it cheaper and easier for individuals to equip their homes with solar energy.

In addition to this, we give tax incentives for individuals to buy fuel efficient cars or electric cars. I believe we can have the impact on reducing our dependency on oil by helping companies develop cars that run on alternative energy such as the electric car or hybrids. I do not support ethanol, or any type of alternative energy that uses crops to produce energy. As our world continues to grow, the demand for food will continue to grow, we might solve one problem only to end up with another. Increase World demand for food would eventually cause the same problem we have with Oil today. I believe in Solar and Wind, and Nuke, and Oil. Once again the more choices we have the less chance we will have of one part of the world holding us hostage.

I propose the country take on a new Initiative like we did with the Apollo program, by proposing we Build a Bullet Train Interstate Network, that matches our current Interstate Highway system Mile for Mile, at a cost of 2.1 trillion dollars. I know that sounds like a alot of money, and it is. But I can pay for it in 2 years. How you ask? Well it's quite simple really, we will be running a 1.275 TRILLION surplus once I pay off the debt and return us to a lender nation.

Once the Bullet Train is Built, we would however allow Businesses to write of the cost of traveling on it. It would cost about 1/5th of Air travel so it would save the Government Money and save us energy.

This also would create alot of good paying jobs here, and that would be money that stays here in this country, not go overseas making another country rich.

I would stop any spending of American Tax dollars in a Foreign Country. All Military spending would only be awarded to American Companies. I'm not going to send our Tax dollars overseas to a communist country to build our Military equipment.

When we do this, they take our Tax dollars and build their own military up with them. Not to bright. We must make sure we keep our industrial base in tact, it is in the interest of National security that we do so. Plus we have millions of skilled American Workers who have lost their jobs due to Globalization and Outsourcing who could be doing that work. I say let's keep our Money here, and let's put Good Americans back to work.

Anyway I didn't mean to write a book as my first post, but hopefully this will give you some insight as to who I am, and what I stand for. There is much more to my plan.....but I will post it a little bit at a time.

I do look forward to discussing ideas, and debating the merits of them. I don't play the democrat vs republican game. I don't get dragged into politics of hate. I only want to talk about what we can do as a country to move this once great nation forward. We cannot continue to be stuck on stupid.

History is a great teacher and history is not politically biased.

History doesn't lie..........people do. I do not try to re-write history, I only hope to learn from it, so we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.

I am a visionary, I look for long term solutions which will keep this country great for the ages. I'm not into putting band-aids on heart attacks like today's politicians do. I do not believe in 30 second campaign commercials. I like to call this fast food Government, and just like Fast food, it's not good for you.

I believe in going out and talking to the people, finding out whats bothering them and what can the Government do to help them improve their lives.

Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all, and sharing ideas, not hate.

Thank you!

"Country before Party!"

"People before Profits!"

"Politics of Hope, not Hate!"

Belt up you ponce.

Forum List

Back