Hello, i could be a historian.....

whitetrashmama

freedom-is-sacred
Sep 11, 2012
in the Body of Christ
Hi. I'm 60-ish and was actually once a member of the activist left who has had opportunity to watch the crazy dreams of those old lefties come to unbeleivable success (so far....)

Now I am a contemplative Christian popping up into the public eye from time to time, publishing a blog, but mostly just hoping to survive long enough to greet Jesus in the sky...

I do not believe in "witnessing" as most Christians seem to, which is to grab you by the lapels and make you accept Jesus the way we kids used to make each other say "uncle". Instead, I believe the command to "witness" was a command to keep our eyes open and honestly speak up about what we see. I don't believe my religion should be everyone's, but since it is such a big part of my life, I may as well say it is there and be done with it.

I get online about twice a week. I publish a blog about the assaults on all forms of religious freedom. My late daughter was a Yoga teacher, I have been a Tarot reader, I am Catholic, and so any and all forms of angry sarcasm are already familiar to me. I try not to use it myself in reply to it, I try to ignore it, but to any who are already angry: you won't post anything I have not already seen or heard.

Luv Y'all. Keep your Faith.

Welcome to the forum :) but remember Jesus is human.
the Bible says that :
1)*ye men of Israel , hear these word; Jesus of Nazareth, was a MAN approved of God among you by miracles, wonders, and signs.(Acts 2:22)
2)*the son of MAN came eating and drinking. (Matthew 11:19)
3) *this MAN is really the prophet. (John 7:40)
3) *Now ye seek to kill me, a MAN that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God .(John 8:40 KJV)
4) “…so will the son of man be…” Matthew 12:40
5) “For the son of man is going to come…” Matthew 16:27
6) “…until they see the son of man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 28
7) “But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority…” Mark 2:10
8) “…because He is the son of man.” John 5:27
9) “Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.” (Acts 2:22)

Can a man be god ? The bible says strongly :
“God is not a man...nor a son of man…” Numbers 23:19 . ))

So, stay away from polytheism.

Thank you for the welcomes. With all due respect, Ancient Lion, I'm not up for conversion. I do value dialogue, however, and I do not doubt for one minute that Mohammed (peace be upon him) is/was a prophet of God/Allah. I think your people refer to him as "The Last Prophet"? There are many religions but none has had the kind of impact Islam is having in this world and there is no rational explanation why Islam should challenge us all so effectively, therefore God's hand is obviously on it. When I was listening to a Muslim on the radio talk about the expectation of the Mahdi recently, I was struck at what a perfect match was made between that set of teachings and the teachings of the Rapturist Christians. It was uncanny and I am sure the Muslims who are so earnestly seeking the Mahdi could not be spending time on the finer points of Christian Rapture theology. The history of both sets of teachings, how they came to be known and spread, would be a great topic.

Thank you for the welcomes. With all due respect, Ancient Lion, I'm not up for conversion. I do value dialogue, however, and I do not doubt for one minute that Mohammed (peace be upon him) is/was a prophet of God/Allah. I think your people refer to him as "The Last Prophet"? There are many religions but none has had the kind of impact Islam is having in this world and there is no rational explanation why Islam should challenge us all so effectively, therefore God's hand is obviously on it. When I was listening to a Muslim on the radio talk about the expectation of the Mahdi recently, I was struck at what a perfect match was made between that set of teachings and the teachings of the Rapturist Christians. It was uncanny and I am sure the Muslims who are so earnestly seeking the Mahdi could not be spending time on the finer points of Christian Rapture theology. The history of both sets of teachings, how they came to be known and spread, would be a great topic.

That's what I try tell many....that God has a hand in it...and you present yourself very well :), I can tell you more about the Mahdi, he is not a scary warrior...he is just a relative of Muhammad who is gonna be sort to a like a Caliph

Welcome to the board even if your post sounds like a bunch of BULLSHIT.

Hello, the more history that is written and told, perhaps the better humans learn from the past.

Welcome but catholisism, and Christ are opposites - more like that tarrot card, and demon worship!

Welcome to the board even if your post sounds like a bunch of BULLSHIT.

You're a fucking whack-job.

Welcome but catholisism, and Christ are opposites - more like that tarrot card, and demon worship!

At least learn to spell the names of the targets of your incredibly ignorant bigotry, please. Re Tarot, Did you notice the "past tense" in my post? And what is Demon worship if not that which motivates you? :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Hi. I'm 60-ish and was actually once a member of the activist left who has had opportunity to watch the crazy dreams of those old lefties come to unbeleivable success (so far....)

Now I am a contemplative Christian popping up into the public eye from time to time, publishing a blog, but mostly just hoping to survive long enough to greet Jesus in the sky...

I do not believe in "witnessing" as most Christians seem to, which is to grab you by the lapels and make you accept Jesus the way we kids used to make each other say "uncle". Instead, I believe the command to "witness" was a command to keep our eyes open and honestly speak up about what we see. I don't believe my religion should be everyone's, but since it is such a big part of my life, I may as well say it is there and be done with it.

I get online about twice a week. I publish a blog about the assaults on all forms of religious freedom. My late daughter was a Yoga teacher, I have been a Tarot reader, I am Catholic, and so any and all forms of angry sarcasm are already familiar to me. I try not to use it myself in reply to it, I try to ignore it, but to any who are already angry: you won't post anything I have not already seen or heard.

Luv Y'all. Keep your Faith.

In response to highlight above^: Interesting...That is exactly the same word I would have chosen.

Forum List

Back