Hello I am new here but need help with V.A. Problem

Why don't you just go right ahead and call me a baby killer and mother raper like all the other worthless hippy communist bastards at that time. I had no family to come home to. They all died when I was 12 years old. I ENLISTED so I could have an income. if you do not happen to remember just before Vietnam there was a long recession NO JOBS NO WORK factories shut down excepting those who worked for NASA. I lived in the countryside for several decades camping out. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT ANYTHING I HAVE SAID. Yes you go through 10 years of what I went through and come back only to be rebuked and vilified. So see how you like it!!
The issue never was did I serve that was amended the issue is did I make any application for benefits in APRIL 1973. READ THE STATEMENT DUDE DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH ?
I call BS on your entire story.

First you claim to be a retired officer. Which means that you where "Commissioned".

Now you are telling us that you "Enlisted" into the service. Which means that you were just a regular soldier.

If you were a retired officer then you would have a good retirement income and not have to camp in the woods for years just to survive.

My advice would be for you to see a public mental health professional and get some meds. ...... :cool:

Last edited:
I think the OP is insane. The story is full of holes. We all get DD214 forms when we leave, the VA doesn't control military records.

Then going ballistic over the posts? WTF? The only thing believable is they kicked him the fuck out of the hospital and told him not to come back.

I think the OP is insane. The story is full of holes. We all get DD214 forms when we leave, the VA doesn't control military records.

Then going ballistic over the posts? WTF? The only thing believable is they kicked him the fuck out of the hospital and told him not to come back.
The VA will do that....

Saint Louis lost your DD214 ???
BACK IN THE 1950s to mid 1960s There WAS A MILITARY WAREHOUSE ARCHIVE OF PAPER RECORDS AT st. LOUIS MO. GO READ YOUR HISTORY. The story is that in the mid 1960s like 1965 or so it burned down and no other archive was available to store data, by the end of Vietnam. This was a military warehouse of records.
So the warehouse burned down in the 60's with all of your records.

Yet you claim to have separated from the service in 1973 and there is no record or DD-214 of you due to the fire.

Interesting......... :cool:

Hi I am Retired Army Captain Howard Boyer " The Tiger" served in Vietnam 1967 to 1973 Left disabled in 1973 February. Went to V.A. in San Diego Ca. April 1973 deposited my personal & medical files received an appointment in May 1973/ 30 days later. Went and checked in but was told there was no record of me ever being in the military. I cussed fussed shouted screamed at the clerk, and was cuffed by security and taken off the property of V.A. in San Diego Ca. this rebuke continued till 1998 when I finally did manage to enroll with V.A. Now I have a VSO that will help me to get an adjustment of enrollment back to April 1973. But I need a letter from any body who may have been there when I raised such a ruckus. The letter needs to attest that I was there to file for benefits. And your signature needs to be notarized.
If you can help me I am sure it can also be beneficial for you. Perhaps I was talking to you before being insulted and muscled off the property.
You can reach me directly by mail at 4195 Highway 68 Suite C #219 Golden Valley AZ 86413 or email at [email protected]

Ok..........

There is a special room here, I think you will like it alot:

Error US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Uhhh, welcome to USMB. And thank you for your service to our great nation.

Since the whole records issues with V.A. over the years a lot has changed. Back then a common answer a vet received was " SO SORRY BUT THE PERSONAL ARCHIVE IN St. LOUIS BURNED DOWN NOTHING LEFT. And also my Senator tried for 2 years to get copies of my personal file and all he received was a letter from the BEARUE of Military personal stated If your constituent was absent from his duty station longer then 90 days the files were SHREDDED AND BURNED to be in keeping with the FEDERAL PAPER REDUCTION ACT " A NIXON IDEA"

yeah it amazes me there are actually people out there who still to this day think DICK -which is all he should be called since thats what he was,that DICK Nixon,was such a great president falling for the propaganda that he ended the war when it was the AMERICAN PEOPLE that stood up to our corrupt government who really ended the war.

Had DICK Nixon had his way and he was able to serve another term it would have gone on for another four years had he had his way.He derailed the paris peace talks deliberately derailing them so he could get elected.

It wasnt the vietcong or the NVA that murdered 58,000 americans.It was those two bastards Dick Nixon and LBJ.may they burn in hell.

For some reason the OPs name rings a bell, but not in a good way. Have friends that flew choppers in Vietnam, unfortunately haven't seen them in at least a decade. I seem to remember them talking about some guy online who called himself "The Tiger" and claimed to be a pilot in Nam but failed at all levels to prove it because he was a fake.
Now whether this is the same guy or not........ :dunno:

I have never met anyone who was in country for so many tours. '67 to '73 would indicate five or six tours. We can figure stuff out a lot easier if you have specific units and your MOS. A unit and your postings during a specified period can help prove your case and find folks who served with you. Might even come across some that knew you back in those days.

Hi I am Retired Army Captain Howard Boyer " The Tiger" served in Vietnam 1967 to 1973 Left disabled in 1973 February. Went to V.A. in San Diego Ca. April 1973 deposited my personal & medical files received an appointment in May 1973/ 30 days later. Went and checked in but was told there was no record of me ever being in the military. I cussed fussed shouted screamed at the clerk, and was cuffed by security and taken off the property of V.A. in San Diego Ca. this rebuke continued till 1998 when I finally did manage to enroll with V.A. Now I have a VSO that will help me to get an adjustment of enrollment back to April 1973. But I need a letter from any body who may have been there when I raised such a ruckus. The letter needs to attest that I was there to file for benefits. And your signature needs to be notarized.
If you can help me I am sure it can also be beneficial for you. Perhaps I was talking to you before being insulted and muscled off the property.
You can reach me directly by mail at 4195 Highway 68 Suite C #219 Golden Valley AZ 86413 or email at [email protected]

So you don't have your DD 214? Interesting :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 39561
true. I have 4 copies PLUS the original. Why give someone the only copy of something you have, especially in the 70's before electronic copies were the order of the day, and walk away?

Anyway, thats like closing the barn door after the horse has already left.

View attachment 39561

Can't you get that at your home town court house? I thought my husband had before...could be wrong. This sounds really fishy!

View attachment 39561

Can't you get that at your home town court house? I thought my husband had before...could be wrong. This sounds really fishy!
To get a copy you have to submit the proper paper work and send it to St. Louis which is the major record keeper of the military...

Forum List

Back