Hello from Vietnam

156 years old! wow! :D
what I would like to know about America? well...there's something strange about America I can't explain to myself
I made some little research in books and Internet but I can't find anything good (I found different explanations but I don't understand which one is the good one).
Why almost all American males are circumcised.
Hebraism is a minority so I don't understand the meaning of circumcision for Americans :)
I've a strange curiosity about the metric system in America but that's another issue :D

Well now, that's quite a question......I think I'll go along with "Anotherlife"'s answer...it has something to do with our Hebrew's need to torture their young men early on so they know what to expect from life. :dunno:

Now I'd like to ask you a question. Our recon team hung out with the Dega montagnards at An Khe. They hated the communists and were hated in return and we've heard terrible stories about their fate after Vietnam fell. Were they hunted down and murdered or were they forgiven for their support of the US effort there?
I made a little research in some Vietnamese websites about that.
Some of them were executed and many other sent to re-education camps because they helped South vietnamese governement and American troops.
But now the situation is getting better :)
Officially they have the same rights we all have here.
The problem is that they want some kind of "autonomy" but Hanoi government doesn't want to give them.
Vietnam is not a federal country and doesn't want to be federal :)

what I would like to know about America? well...there's something strange about America I can't explain to myself
I made some little research in books and Internet but I can't find anything good (I found different explanations but I don't understand which one is the good one).
Hebraism is a minority so I don't understand the meaning of circumcision for Americans :)
I've a strange curiosity about the metric system in America but that's another issue :D

Well now, that's quite a question......I think I'll go along with "Anotherlife"'s answer...it has something to do with our Hebrew's need to torture their young men early on so they know what to expect from life. :dunno:

Now I'd like to ask you a question. Our recon team hung out with the Dega montagnards at An Khe. They hated the communists and were hated in return and we've heard terrible stories about their fate after Vietnam fell. Were they hunted down and murdered or were they forgiven for their support of the US effort there?
Some of them were executed and many other sent to re-education camps because they helped South vietnamese governement and American troops.
The problem is that they want some kind of "autonomy" but Hanoi government doesn't want to give them.

For those who don't know about the Viet montagnards, they are dark-skinned peoples of the central highlands and are treated like dirt by lighter skinned Vietnamese. They were instrumental in teaching us how the VC operated and how to counter them. Imagine if we sent our blacks to "re-education camps" for wanting to leave free. I doubt very much that the communist rats who now rule all of Vietnam have given them any rights at all and I also doubt many of them are still alive. This is no reflection on "esthermoon"....she seems like a very nice young lady as were most of the people we went there to save from the little monsters in Hanoi.

The only thing I wish to say, is, "Know your enemy"! I will leave this thread with that thought. Bye Bye.

mu-cang0chai-rice.jpg

Rice filed of terraces in Mu Cang Chai – YenBai – Vietnam.

For those who don't know about the Viet montagnards, they are dark-skinned peoples of the central highlands and are treated like dirt by lighter skinned Vietnamese. They were instrumental in teaching us how the VC operated and how to counter them. Imagine if we sent our blacks to "re-education camps" for wanting to leave free. I doubt very much that the communist rats who now rule all of Vietnam have given them any rights at all and I also doubt many of them are still alive. This is no reflection on "esthermoon"....she seems like a very nice young lady as were most of the people we went there to save from the little monsters in Hanoi.
My next door neighbor and his wife are Montagnard and Hmong respectively. Neither have ever been to Vietnam. In 1975, both their parents and families were resettled here in Charlotte in the thousands by the Special Forces from Ft Bragg for their valuable help in Vietnam. These people as well as the regular Vietnamese who were brought from VN for their help are some of the most dedicated American citizens in the country and I am proud to have been associated with them during my tours to Vietnam.

My next door neighbor and his wife are Montagnard and Hmong respectively. Neither have ever been to Vietnam. In 1975, both their parents and families were resettled here in Charlotte in the thousands by the Special Forces from Ft Bragg for their valuable help in Vietnam. These people as well as the regular Vietnamese who were brought from VN for their help are some of the most dedicated American citizens in the country and I am proud to have been associated with them during my tours to Vietnam.

I had a Bahnar girlfriend I could see on occasion as long as I remembered to bring a carton of Pall Malls for her daddy. They taught us things about that jungle we never learned at Benning or Nha Trang and I always knew I was safe there....nobody got past their sentries.

Last edited:

I had a Bahnar girlfriend I could see on occasion as long as I remembered to bring a carton of Pall Malls for her daddy. They taught us things about that jungle we never learned at Benning or Nha Trang and I always knew I was safe there....nobody got past their sentries.
The largest Montagnard village in Pleiku province was evacuated by the 1st Cav in 1966 and relocated. Later on they were brought to the US. Before they left the monks invited all my battalion's officers and NCOs to a banquet that celebrated their departure. I remember how hospitable they were. I was surprised to find out the little cube of cheese they gave each American was over 300 years old. These are the kind of allies that you can trust.

The largest Montagnard village in Pleiku province was evacuated by the 1st Cav in 1966 and relocated. Later on they were brought to the US. Before they left the monks invited all my battalion's officers and NCOs to a banquet that celebrated their departure. I remember how hospitable they were. I was surprised to find out the little cube of cheese they gave each American was over 300 years old. ....

And none of the soldiers has been able to take a shit since 1966.

The largest Montagnard village in Pleiku province was evacuated by the 1st Cav in 1966 and relocated. Later on they were brought to the US. Before they left the monks invited all my battalion's officers and NCOs to a banquet that celebrated their departure. I remember how hospitable they were. I was surprised to find out the little cube of cheese they gave each American was over 300 years old. ....

And none of the soldiers has been able to take a shit since 1966.
Actually the cheese was very good.

:bye1:

Hi!
I went to Singapore last year.
I spent my summer holidays there :)
Very beautiful country.
But I remember the scary embarkation card warning visitors about death penalty for drug trafficking!

They have the same warnings on Philippines Customs cards also.

Welcome to USMB EstherMoon.

Hello, esthermoon it's nice to see what you look like :) i was thinking of putting a picture of myself for my avatar but i decided to wait and see.
No thread about picture of members at this forum ?

Thank for the link esthermoon :) i am doing well and you ? practicing my english at the forum, i am doing not so bad with it :thup:

Forum List

Back