Hello from TN.

"CrackerMagnum?" Can you explain that one?

A black guy I worked with gave me that name when I stopped by the shop one Saturday afternoon after a deer hunt that morning. I was decked out in camo except for an Atlanta Braves cap. I went on a handgun hunt and had a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Cassull still strapped on my side so just by the way I looked he called me Cracker Magnum. I thought it was a funny nick name.

Well, far as "cracker" goes, I find a black guy calling a white boy cracker just as offensive as a white guy calling a black guy ******.

The term "cracker" comes from slaves that used to call their overseer that because of the crack of the whip. So to me, it's no more polite or acceptable for a black man to call a white man cracker because of the slave and racial over tones than it is for a white man to call a black man ******. Both are equally offensive.

Tennessee eh?

I'm selling hot tubs out thataway, here's our deluxe model:

128810003289343486.jpg

Havn't been on a message board/forum in a while, thought I would check it out, give an opinion every now and then.

Lol, I liked what strollingbones said what she thought your name implied...:lol: :lol: And I prefer to hold that image...:D

Tennessee is a wonderful and beautiful state that influenced my fledgling years, as I lived so closely to it. Many relatives there in the music business.

Attachments

• $images 5.jpg
    $images 5.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 44
"CrackerMagnum?" Can you explain that one?

A black guy I worked with gave me that name when I stopped by the shop one Saturday afternoon after a deer hunt that morning. I was decked out in camo except for an Atlanta Braves cap. I went on a handgun hunt and had a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Cassull still strapped on my side so just by the way I looked he called me Cracker Magnum. I thought it was a funny nick name.

Well, far as "cracker" goes, I find a black guy calling a white boy cracker just as offensive as a white guy calling a black guy ******.

The term "cracker" comes from slaves that used to call their overseer that because of the crack of the whip. So to me, it's no more polite or acceptable for a black man to call a white man cracker because of the slave and racial over tones than it is for a white man to call a black man ******. Both are equally offensive.

Me and this guy get along fine, he was just joking around and it didn't offend me.

Haven't been on a message board/forum in a while, thought I would check it out, give an opinion every now and then.

Howdy, TN! I am in Texas - as in home of the Houston Texans!!!!!!! We won!!! Won!!!

Houston Texans are the 2011 AFC South Champs!!! And would you believe the Houston Oilers (Tennessee Titans, they now call themselves) almost messed us up?

Forum List

Back