Hello from Texas .....

I know someone whose name is Susie whose is pretty twisted. I hope you are not her...:eusa_pray:

I remember it well but I don't wallow in the past.

Thanks for the insult. Real classy

And your emotive whining is??!!!!!!! If you still have emotional issues with something that happened in the 1960s then you need professional help.

That's it, double down and add being a real asshole to it. The avatar is too close to the historical event to just be a coincidence. Whoever created it knew what they were doing.

It was a tragic event. It will always be a tragic event. It changed this country for the worst. Much of what followed would have never happened if JFK had lived. Vietnam would have never become America's war and 60,000 Americans of my generation wouldn't have had their lives cut short.

Actually it's supposed to be a sniper rifle, hence the name "Sniper Kitty".
I don't know what the event that reminds a member* here of that's so offensive...."darkest day in history" or something.
Maybe humor is a foreign concept for them.

I'm in Brazos County which is about 100 miles east of Austin and 100 NW of Houston (Bush #41).
Even further away from Bush # 43.

I've only seen Perry once at the Bush Library in College Station when Bush 41 jumped out of the airplane on his 80th birthday....make that Parachuted out....heh heh.

I'm horrible at remembering names, sorry.
Dear TwistedSuze13,

There's nothing I enjoy more than welcoming a fellow Texan to the USMB Board, especially when they live in a nearby county. I have to say Brazos County has some of the prettiest stands of bluebonnets in the spring as any I've ever seen, and history that helped turn Texas into the wonderful place that it is that puts some members of other states into orbit when their friends and relatives move here to get a job.

I strongly urge you to be friendly about choosing another avie. I am well-acquainted with the other person who uses machine-gun kitty, who may not care to change her avie either. Won't you consider using our state motto, "friendship" to grant this concession to a member who has a little seniority? If you can find it in yourself to do that, I would be eternally grateful. Then Againsheila will not have to go through the unpleasant business of contacting a moderator your first week here in the form of a grievance. That's not much of a way to start life on a new board, getting an annoyance reference your first week.

In the manner a real friend would tell you what you need to know, I am

Yours, truly,

becki

Last edited:
Welcome TS. But as a Kennedy liberal, I am insulted by that avatar. It represents the darkest day in American history.

I like my bells jingling, I am offended by your av, it represents a measure of violence that would make General Patton cry...:salute:

Animals of YouTube sing "Jingle Bells"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRzhd3eUyO8]Animals of YouTube sing "Jingle Bells" - YouTube[/ame]

P.S. Don't be such a wuss.

Oops.....I thought Welcome threads just kind of faded away after a short time and I didn't know till today that there were more.

Odd...I use that avatar at other boards where people there are my age or older (and remember when the assassination occurred), and there are liberals there, also.
But NO One Has Ever Used That Complaint, or any other, About It !

Perhaps there are liberals out there who, as someone else here said, Have Moved On Emotionally From The 60's.

Does the other member's avatar have the wording on hers ?

Oops.....I thought Welcome threads just kind of faded away after a short time and I didn't know till today that there were more.

Odd...I use that avatar at other boards where people there are my age or older (and remember when the assassination occurred), and there are liberals there, also.
But NO One Has Ever Used That Complaint, or any other, About It !

Perhaps there are liberals out there who, as someone else here said, Have Moved On Emotionally From The 60's.

Does the other member's avatar have the wording on hers ?

Hi TS13:
I'm from Texas, too.
You mention liberals, have you worked with the peace and justice community?
What kind of issues do you focus on or care about most?

I work with people from all political and spiritual backgrounds.
I believe in Constitutional, Buddhist and Christian principles which I find are universal and can be translated into common terms or systems that each person can relate to,
so I believe in universal salvation and inclusion by reaching agreement point by point.
Most of the work calls for forgiveness to set up a safe healing environment where corrections can be done and people can agree on truth instead of competing in conflict.

I am big on conflict resolution and restorative justice approaches to resolving issues mutually; I have a REAL issue with retributive justice and bullying and abuse of authority.

I believe in isonomy, consent of the governed, and equal protection of interests instead of political bullying by majority rule; but by the time I explain this in Constitutional terms, it makes more sense to folks from conservative backgrounds (who believe in the people checking and regulating govt, not govt regulating and controlling people). My liberal friends who agree with my ideas are either so into govt they depend on political parties and get nowhere, or they are so independent they can't get as much done in small numbers.
So I am networking around and trying to build a consensus from there across all party lines.

Many friends think I should give up on trying to reform the Democrat party from within as a
progressive type Constitutionalist. I think they are tired of hearing me bang my
head against the wall, and threatening to go on hunger strike against political bullying!

I volunteer in Freedmen's Town and started a White House petition to save the last of this national historic site, including Vet housing: Freedmen's Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing

I would like to work with people from all parties to restore this district as a campus, develop sustainable business plans, including educational and govt training programs there, and use the site to study and perfect proposed reforms before introducing policies or make funding decisions. Each party can fund and develop its own model solutions, and either propose them statewide or nationally, or sponsor them locally per party so that taxpayers may voluntarily participate, support or fund them. Such programs developed and managed on site can be used to train future public leaders and gain real world experience that can be used to apply or run for official positions instead of campaigning based on unproven claims.

Yours truly,
Emily

Forum List

Back