Hello! from Sunni Man

Really??

9:71 The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Apostle. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.

9:72 Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah: that is the supreme felicity.

And what of the Nonbelievers?

Here's something that surprises me...

There doesn't seem to be an online Biblical Concordia available.

Nor, for that matter, can I find an online concordia for the Koran.

I'd have thought by now both would be available.

Anyone know of a site offering this service?

Ahh yes the loving nature of Muslims and their religion.

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kil them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

And making friends.

Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. 3:28

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118

Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

Do not choose disbelievers as friends. 4:144

Don't take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them. 5:51

Stay away from non-Muslims. They are all liars. 9:107

Last edited:
Women...

Males are to inherit twice that of females. 4:11

Men are in charge of women, because Allah made men to be better than women. Women must obey men, and if they refuse they must be punished. Refuse to have sex with them and beat them into submission (Islam). 4:34

Death to non Muslims.

# Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. 9:5

# Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don't submit will be killed. See previous verse.) 9:6

Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you. 9:123

Last edited:
Arabic is a language with many and various shades of meaning. Here is a quote from a source that explains it very well.

The Arabic word used in Quran Verse 4:34 is "idribuhunna", which is derived from "daraba" which means "beat". The issue with all of the Arabic words that are derived from the word "daraba" is that they don't necessarily mean "hit". The word "idribuhunna" for instance, could very well mean to "leave" them. It is exactly like telling someone to "beat it" or "drop it" in English.

You must link to your sources when you quote. If you don't, the quote will be deleted.

Thanks.

So, wait a minute? Is divorce or abandonment condoned by the Muslim faith? I suspect not since you get killed if you leave the religion.

How does divorce equate with apostasy?

FYI, Islam is was ahead of Christianity in terms of allowing women the right to divorce their husbands and to own property.

But I'm guessing these are things you don't approve of.

I was raised in a nominal Catholic family. At 20 years of age. I married a girl who was Soutthern Baptist. We attended her church and were very active. I was saved and Baptized. After about 15 years, we moved on to various Non Denominational and Full Gospel type of churches. I studied the Bible very intensely and read it several times.

I even went to a Jewish Synagogue so that I could understand the Old Testament (Torah) even better.

Eventually, I came to several conclusions: Jesus wasn't God or divine. He advocated following the Levitical Laws. He never ate pork or violated any of the Laws. And that Paul had hijacked the religion from Jesus, and started his own religion, now called Christianity.

One day I read the opening verses of the Quran, and was startled at the words of spirituality. The more I read and studied, the more I was convienced that this book and the teachings of Muhammad were the Truth for all of mankind.

I found that Islam matched all of my beliefs in every area of my life; sprituality, politically, socially, everything. It is a total package for a person to live by and structure their life.

Thanks for responding, S'man. I apologize for the rude behavior the hateful bigots on this board. Not all of us who may disagree with you are like that.

I agree with you that Jesus is not divine. As far as what the Bible, the Torah or the Koran says, I've only read snippets and find them interesting but not particularly inspiring. In my own amateur study of religion I've come to the conclusion that they all came about as a means to help reinforce the mores of civilized society. Since human are all the same species and are social animals, the more you examine different human societies, the more you can see how they resemble each other. To my mind, all religions are just variations of each other. They aim to keep order within society, reinforce the need for individuals to sacrifice for the greater good of the community, provide solace during times of grief and an outlet for joy and gratitude. I think history has demonstrated how often religion is perverted by groups or individuals with ulterior and anti social motives. But for me, an atheist and an outsider, all mainstream religions seem to have just about the same amount of good in them as bad.

Thanks for sharing your religious history. I was raised in a family that has been atheist on one side for several generations and on the other, lapsed Lutheran at my grandparent's level. Religion was such a non issue in my house that as a little kid I had no idea that Jesus Christ was actually a person, not a word that meant my dad was mad that us kids had forgotten again not to slam the screen door. My parents had the attitude that religion served no purpose for them but if we kids wanted to join one they would support our choices. I've never had any reason to doubt the non existence of God and I'm happy and comfortable in my non faith. However, being an atheist is really kind of dull when it comes to ritual and liturgy. We miss out on the pomp and circumstance. My artistic endeavors have made me familiar with Islamic design and architecture and I am in awe of them. I also think that Islamic ritual is very beautiful and know a bit about Sufism and other Muslim philosophy from my various Muslim friends. Years ago I got in a heated discussion with an ex Catholic friend who asked me what faith I would choose if forced to do so. I said Islam because even though I believe in none of the faiths, I think all of them are flexible enough to be adapted to my morals and Islam being the the most aesthetically pleasing, Arabic being a beautiful sounding language, it would be my choice.

So anyway, I'm glad you have stopped by and are willing to discuss Islam in a calm and informative manner. I've been told by certain posters here that Muslims kill atheists but, strangely enough, my Muslim friends have spared my life and I hope you will too. ;)

your religion wants to murder all infidels or non belivers in allah.....yet you are being welcomed...amazing...do you people not realize his allah commands him to kill you?
This is how amercia will be destroyed from within by traitors like this man.

i see you never addressed the question of jihad either....if you were given told by you inman (sp) to take up arms against americans ...would you...would you follow your faith or would you follow your country....

would you take up arms against americans? a simple yes or no is all that is required?

since you have a great deal of trouble reconizing questions, i will type real slow and repeat it for you:

given the command by the inman would you take up arms against americans?

the ? is a question mark....just want to be real sure you see that question.

Forum List

Back