Hello from OneWorld

OneWorld

Aug 11, 2009
Hello everyone. I don't typically do introductions on message boards, but I thought I'd give it a go.

My name is John, I'm 35 years old, married with 2 children (1 boy and 1 girl). I was raised in a Christian household, and my Dad taught Sunday school (until he died 4 years ago). Most of my family is Conservative Christian, and although I love them also racists, bigoted, and pretty closed minded, including my father (rip). I come from a middle - upper middle income family. I have some multi-millionaires in my family, both of which are very conservative Republican (both are my uncles).

I worked in corporate America for a fortune 500 company (Western Digital) for 9 years before quitting my job a little over 4 years with no real plan. I largely worked mostly with Republicans (at least 90%+), as most of the minimum salaries in my department at the time where at least 6 figures. I realized how miserable people were around me, and the cubicile life style was sucking the soul of of me. So with support from my wife, and shortly before my daughter was born we made a plan for me to go back to school and start doing something else.

I went back to school for a year and finished my degree at LBSU and received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy with a minor in Political Science. I studied primarily comparative religion, Classical Philosophy (Plato, Plotinus, Proclus, etc...), and political science.

After finishing my degree I came up with an idea to form my own company. Although I've had no real interest in money all of my life to that point, as I had primarily worked in political fund raising, and working on a project called stop the hunger, I set a goal for myself to do this. I started with no more than $500 in my pocket at the time, and a little over 3 years later I've built my company into a multi-million dollar corporation (most of this money has come within the past 5 months from large contracts I've signed with partners).

My company develops training videos and poker software (I'm not sure if I can plug it here or provide links, I will if anyone is interested). Any ways, I've spent most of my time since quitting with my family, raising my kids and enjoying the day. My wife hasn't really worked since I started my business, as it was making money within the first 2 months (I know it usually takes 3 years to show profit). We live by the beach, and own 3 homes (1 in Hawaii in Hilo, and 1 that has 2 on a property, and the one we live at currently).

I'm defiantly to the far left of left if you don't already know. I do hope we can have some spirited debate, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Sounds like that family you look down on spent too much money on you.

I don't look down upon my family, I have nothing but compassion for them, but I can see how afraid, and angry they are. They are the first ones buying O'Reily or Hannity's news books, and they believe the lies they are being told. They are just another piece that's caught in the matrix.

That's not hate. Your disparaging characterization of the people who raised you is hate.

That's not hate. Your disparaging characterization of the people who raised you is hate.

I can see you are full of love.

My family is full of good intentions, and just like most Americans that are being lied to and used as pawns, but they are good people. They are just badly mis-informed and stuck in their narrow minded world views, just as I see more Republicans are.

It's in our human nature to evolve, and that's what progressives are trying to do, but we constantly have to drag conservatives along. Conservatives are fighting human nature, and progressives are trying to push ahead. Conservatives have historically been on the wrong side of every major argument we've had in history (not only in this country but in others).

It's not because they are bad people, they are simply being used by a higher ruling class. Progressives, like Jesus and others are constantly trying to move people ahead into a higher state of being. Conservatives are afraid and scared and cling to what they know, and the ruling class knows how to manipulate that aspect of the human psyche very well. They have exploited it for countless years. It's not a new formula.

IF they have been ruling classes throughout history, then you'd have to agree that there has been those who have supported this class, and those who have opposed. IF there is a ruling class today... who is the party that is supporting this class, and who is the party that is against it?

Do progressives align themselves with corporate interest and push agendas that revolve around hate and fear? No. And if you are involved with a party that does so, then it's likely not the party that will be on the right side of history.

Sounds like that family you look down on spent too much money on you.

I don't look down upon my family, I have nothing but compassion for them, but I can see how afraid, and angry they are. They are the first ones buying O'Reily or Hannity's news books, and they believe the lies they are being told. They are just another piece that's caught in the matrix.

Republicans Happier than Democrats | LiveScience
About 45 percent of Republicans said they were very happy, compared with 30 percent of Democrats. Republicans have been happier in surveys going back to 1972, the Pew study notes.

The reason might seem obvious, since "Republicans tend to have more money than Democrats, and—as we've already discovered—people who have more money tend to be happier," the report states.

But even after adjusting for income, poor Republicans are happier than poor Democrats, and rich Republicans are happier than rich Democrats.

About 45 percent of Republicans said they were very happy, compared with 30 percent of Democrats. Republicans have been happier in surveys going back to 1972, the Pew study notes.

The reason might seem obvious, since "Republicans tend to have more money than Democrats, and—as we've already discovered—people who have more money tend to be happier," the report states.

But even after adjusting for income, poor Republicans are happier than poor Democrats, and rich Republicans are happier than rich Democrats.

Yeah, I've actually read this pew poll before, and think it makes total sense. I don't know if it's really true or not, but I wouldn't dispute it. So what?

Yeah, I've actually read this pew poll before, and think it makes total sense. I don't know if it's really true or not, but I wouldn't dispute it. So what?

You made this statement earlier...

"I don't look down upon my family, I have nothing but compassion for them, but I can see how afraid, and angry they are."

Most afraid and angry people are not happy, correct?

You made this statement earlier...

"I don't look down upon my family, I have nothing but compassion for them, but I can see how afraid, and angry they are."

Most afraid and angry people are not happy, correct?

Happiness is not something you can hold on to my friend... it comes and it goes.

In general my family is what I would consider typical Republican. They are obsessed with money, racist, they call themselves Christians, but don't read their bibles. They have every intention of doing good, and in general are good people. They constantly talk about taxes and how horrible the government is, and they are very self centered to the point of sometimes being narcissistic.

When you function like this you are very angry and afraid. This is at the core of everyone's psyche. It's just a matter of how much you participate with it. I wouldn't say they aren't happy, because like most others I see around me, they try and fool themselves into believing they are happy, and they have moments where the genuinely are. Then they drug themselves in some way to escape the reality they really don't want to face but they know is right there in front of them.

Do progressives align themselves with corporate interest and push agendas that revolve around hate and fear?
Continuously.

Global warming anybody?

'Green industries' (Like GE) for example?

Being owned by the law industry, there could be no larger 'corporation.'

Or little things, like protestors are 'racists'.

Another fun one, 'fear of a rise in right wing militia groups'.

Perhaps calling everyone who isn't with you 'neocon' is the thing to do, that was a road to credibility...years ago, but laughable now.

Hello everyone. I don't typically do introductions on message boards, but I thought I'd give it a go.

My name is John, I'm 35 years old, married with 2 children (1 boy and 1 girl). I was raised in a Christian household, and my Dad taught Sunday school (until he died 4 years ago). Most of my family is Conservative Christian, and although I love them also racists, bigoted, and pretty closed minded, including my father (rip). I come from a middle - upper middle income family. I have some multi-millionaires in my family, both of which are very conservative Republican (both are my uncles).

I worked in corporate America for a fortune 500 company (Western Digital) for 9 years before quitting my job a little over 4 years with no real plan. I largely worked mostly with Republicans (at least 90%+), as most of the minimum salaries in my department at the time where at least 6 figures. I realized how miserable people were around me, and the cubicile life style was sucking the soul of of me. So with support from my wife, and shortly before my daughter was born we made a plan for me to go back to school and start doing something else.

I went back to school for a year and finished my degree at LBSU and received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy with a minor in Political Science. I studied primarily comparative religion, Classical Philosophy (Plato, Plotinus, Proclus, etc...), and political science.

After finishing my degree I came up with an idea to form my own company. Although I've had no real interest in money all of my life to that point, as I had primarily worked in political fund raising, and working on a project called stop the hunger, I set a goal for myself to do this. I started with no more than $500 in my pocket at the time, and a little over 3 years later I've built my company into a multi-million dollar corporation (most of this money has come within the past 5 months from large contracts I've signed with partners).

My company develops training videos and poker software (I'm not sure if I can plug it here or provide links, I will if anyone is interested). Any ways, I've spent most of my time since quitting with my family, raising my kids and enjoying the day. My wife hasn't really worked since I started my business, as it was making money within the first 2 months (I know it usually takes 3 years to show profit). We live by the beach, and own 3 homes (1 in Hawaii in Hilo, and 1 that has 2 on a property, and the one we live at currently).

I'm defiantly to the far left of left if you don't already know. I do hope we can have some spirited debate, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Sounds like you aren't Giving up your Fair Share, Liberal...

There are People who don't even have Homes, and you have (3)?...

Tisk, tisk.

:)

peace...

You'll be bringing an interesting prspective into this place, without doubt.

The morons are chomping at the bit to insult you for having the unmitigated audacity to get rich and still be a liberal.

Welcome to the board and as always "Game on"! :razz:

The morons are chomping at the bit to insult you for having the unmitigated audacity to get rich and still be a liberal.

I'd say... If he is a Leftist Liberal, as he Claims, his Attempts at taking my Money and Distributing it to the DemocRATS Constituency will become Clear...

He should Lead by Example and give of 2 of his 3 Houses.

I've already Read him Denying that Media has a Liberal Bias... :clap2:

:)

peace...

Perfect! Another Obamabot. Welcome to the fray, but do not expect any mercy from me regarding your collectivist attitude and fund raising skills. Your introduction here reminds me of one of those boring, narcissistic Christmas cards I used to open yearly from a boring, narcissistic bimbo that thought her whole family shit fig newtons...only yours just glorifies yourself rather than your offspring.

You should have paid attention to your parents and some (two) of your uncles as they endeavored to educate you regarding the proper use of written English and punctuation thereof.

Last edited:

What's interesting about another lefty lunatic, spouting the same tired crap about their superiority, and their compassion for all the misguided, stupid, inbred people who don't agree with them and who should be "managed"?

Forum List

Back