Hello from New Jersey

DauggyDaddy

Rookie
Sep 26, 2012
Just taking a moment to introduce myself. I am a political independent who tends toward the progressive on most issues, but strongly to the conservative on a few. While I am supporting Barack Obama for reelection, I am not tied to the Democrat party in any way - I actually volunteered for the campaign of Brett Schundler (Republican) for governor of my state a few years back. I still like to consider myself mostly libertarian in philosophy, stressing mostly the socially liberal nature of the ideology, but temper all my views with pragmatism. Some consider me a Democrat, but the truth is, I'm more of an 'anti-Republican' with how that party has swung so very far to the right in recent years. Yes, I believe the Tea Party has been the ruination of the Republican party, and if they are not checked, they will be the ruination of America. I'm sorry if that offends some who consider themselves Tea Party Republicans, but that's how I see it. I try to converse civilly with anyone who wants to talk, but I do have a somewhat short patience queue, so if you treat me like crap, I'll tend to dish it back to you pretty quickly. I hope we can have some great intellectual discussions, even if they get occasionally heated.

Just taking a moment to introduce myself. I am a political independent who tends toward the progressive on most issues, but strongly to the conservative on a few. While I am supporting Barack Obama for reelection, I am not tied to the Democrat party in any way - I actually volunteered for the campaign of Brett Schundler (Republican) for governor of my state a few years back. I still like to consider myself mostly libertarian in philosophy, stressing mostly the socially liberal nature of the ideology, but temper all my views with pragmatism. Some consider me a Democrat, but the truth is, I'm more of an 'anti-Republican' with how that party has swung so very far to the right in recent years. Yes, I believe the Tea Party has been the ruination of the Republican party, and if they are not checked, they will be the ruination of America. I'm sorry if that offends some who consider themselves Tea Party Republicans, but that's how I see it. I try to converse civilly with anyone who wants to talk, but I do have a somewhat short patience queue, so if you treat me like crap, I'll tend to dish it back to you pretty quickly. I hope we can have some great intellectual discussions, even if they get occasionally heated.

hi. no offense, but you seem sort of mixed up and non-commital, and you really may want to work on that "patience" thing.

i myself am an anti-justice league if america but am very pro j'onn j'onzz, who is tough on crime but pro-immigration reform and, i am sure, anti-profiling. it is a shame he was squeezed out of the league by bruce wayne and kal-el, hence my anti-ustice league stance.

i am also very, very anti-chef gordon ramsey. that guy needs a lesson in manners. here i am, nothing on the teev so i thought, well, i will watch this "hell's kitchen show in the hopes that they will have brownies for dessert and here is this really angry guy screaming at some tattooed cooking person about scallops...like dude...scallops...it's not the end of the world...there are plenty of other kinds of bivalve molluscs in the deep blue sea. stupid anyway. i think all those hell's kitchen shows were pre-recorded thirty years ago and gordon ramsey is really donald trump. if you freeze frame and close up, you can see he is thinning on top. both of them have control and anger issues...they have to be the same.

anyway, welcome...

and sorry, bob.

Welcome......Where in NJ?

I'm Monmouth County (Exit 100A)

I was about to ask 'What exit?'

I'm currently in NJ, in Moorestown. We lived in Monmouth Cty many years ago - when the DH was stationed at Ft Monmouth working for the Signal Corps.

Welcome......Where in NJ?

I'm Monmouth County (Exit 100A)

Burlington County (Exit 4 of Turnpike)

Funny how much truth there is in the old joke, "you're from Jersey? What exit?"

By the way, I'm also a veteran of the US Coast Guard. I used to fly in helicopters out of Cape May.

I was about to ask 'What exit?'

I'm currently in NJ, in Moorestown. We lived in Monmouth Cty many years ago - when the DH was stationed at Ft Monmouth working for the Signal Corps.

Howdy, neighbor. :) Marlton, here.

Wheeee, we are really close!

Cape May is a lovely place to go 'down the shore' : ))

Forum List

Back