Hello from Germany

Kone51

Rookie
May 31, 2016
Hi there,
My name is Konrad Langhammer and I am from Burghausen in Germany.

My girlfriend and I are in USA right now for a market research about grocery markets.
The results are for my final essay in college.

Mod edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo Konrad. Welcome to the forum. 15 minutens isn't a short survey for me, even so I wouldn't do it. Nor would I believe such a survey, people can and do say anything. People vote with their pocketbooks, that's the only conclusions I believe.

The survey is just for my final essay. It is about internationalisation strategies in grocery markets. Therefore I need to find out, what people think about Aldi. I picked Aldi as an example for internationalisation in grocery market.
Sorry for the lenght, I couldn´t get it shorter :/.
Yeah it happens a lot in germany, good things and some things to worry about. So it is like here in US ;).

In an introductory forum in a political message board, you want us to do a survey? Really.

The survey is just for my final essay. It is about internationalisation strategies in grocery markets. Therefore I need to find out, what people think about Aldi. I picked Aldi as an example for internationalisation in grocery market.
Yeah it happens a lot in germany, good things and some things to worry about. So it is like here in US ;).
I never heard of Aldi. But I'd love to have some real German rye bread more available. And brochens. Put that in your survey.

Nothing particularly international about Aldi in America. Or Great Britain for that matter. It's geared to the home market.

Just the pricing structures attract.

But is this really the right place to do market surveys?

Hi there,
My name is Konrad Langhammer and I am from Burghausen in Germany.

My girlfriend and I are in USA right now for a market research about grocery markets.
The results are for my final essay in college.
I prepared a short survey and you would do me a big favour if you fill it out. It takes about 15 minutes
Every participant has also the chance to win one out of two $20 Giftcards from Amazon.

Thank you for your support :)

Grocery Markets in USA
Done Konrad, good luck on your final. The survey takes about four minutes.

We use Krogers because it is the best combination of price and quality. There is an Aldi near where my wife works, but she often has no interest in shopping after work.

Nothing particularly international about Aldi in America. Or Great Britain for that matter. It's geared to the home market.

Just the pricing structures attract.

But is this really the right place to do market surveys?

Given the posters on this site I would say......... no, not if you want unskewed results. :lol:

Don't see a 'survey', but I wouldn't spend 15 minutes on one anyway.

I shop Aldi's all the time; it's a good store, and the checkout people are fast; they are quicker than a lot of convenience stores, in fact, even with four people with baskets piled high it's a short wait. The produce, eggs, milk, meat , etc. is much cheaper than even a Wal-mart, and the quality is good. I particularly like that they don't take plastic or checks; the tards using that stuff like to clog a checkout line for 20 minutes screwing around, annoying as hell, and they like to clog the so-called 'speedy checkout lines' for some reason. Hey, if you're so broke you can't carry enough cash for a frickin Snickers or something, then just don't buy one, instead of hunting around for your credit card for 10 minutes, K?

I shop other stores for particular brand names, as Aldi's doesn't carry some stuff even under their store labels.

Forum List

Back