Hello from Florida

Jun 22, 2017
Florida
I have been trolling the forums for a couple days and decided it was time to say hello. I have to say, I like the colorful debates and look forward to joining in on them.

I believe in limited Federal Government and free market capitalism. It will be fun debating and learning from everyone

Or so you think.

Regardless, welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet you.

200.gif

I have been trolling the forums for a couple days and decided it was time to say hello. I have to say, I like the colorful debates and look forward to joining in on them.

I believe in limited Federal Government and free market capitalism. It will be fun debating and learning from everyone

See how you cope with the insults. Lively debate it is, but sometimes it's too lively.

I'd guess you're on the opposite side of the spectrum to me, not because I demand to have larger government, it would be nice to have less government, but just because sometimes people think less govt means other things too. I'm a capitalist, but often people who say they're free market capitalism don't want checks and controls on capitalism that is essential to make it happen.

See how you cope with the insults. Lively debate it is, but sometimes it's too lively.

I'd guess you're on the opposite side of the spectrum to me, not because I demand to have larger government, it would be nice to have less government, but just because sometimes people think less govt means other things too. I'm a capitalist, but often people who say they're free market capitalism don't want checks and controls on capitalism that is essential to make it happen.

I've been an aircraft maintainer and in the aircraft business for too long. I'm pretty sure that there is not an insult I haven't heard - so fire away.

Not sure what you mean when you say "sometimes people think less govt means other things too." I am a free market capitalist and believe that the market left alone will for the must part correct itself. That is not to say that I think there is no room for gov't in the market - it just needs to be limited, very limited

I've been an aircraft maintainer and in the aircraft business for too long. I'm pretty sure that there is not an insult I haven't heard - so fire away.

Not sure what you mean when you say "sometimes people think less govt means other things too." I am a free market capitalist and believe that the market left alone will for the must part correct itself. That is not to say that I think there is no room for gov't in the market - it just needs to be limited, very limited

Well, I'm not an insulter, I don't come on here for that sort of thing, but you'll find them. I talk mostly to people on the right and there are lots of people on my ignore list.

I'm a believer that when the market is left to itself it leads to monopolies. I believe this because the evidence is there.

Take Syria, part of the reason the Syrians were so angry is because Assad's Uncle controlled most of the country.

Bashar al-Assad has amassed fortune of up to £950m, analysts estimate

"In peacetime, the Assads and their close friends owned around 60% to 70% of the country's assets, from land and factories to energy plants and licences to sell foreign goods. "

The simple fact is that in the US today, corruption is rife, and it's been legitimized. The only reason it's not worse is because the govt has certain checks and balances in place.

I've been an aircraft maintainer and in the aircraft business for too long.

Welcome to someone who has been accountable for his actions his entire career. On this board, you will encounter gobs of leftists who don't believe in personal accountability. They have no idea what it means to have had the level of responsibility you carried.

God bless aircraft maintainers. I put my life in their hands safely and confidently for 31 years. Salt of the Earth.

WELCOME!

mcHsyv3AeoFZkP1NhRCGWgg.jpg

McDonnell-Douglas-F-4-Phantom-II-256.preview.jpg

Now you need to pick an avatar to go with your new moniker.

Welcome, Grant!

I can tell from your first post, you're very judgmental. Welcome.

I can tell from your first post, you're very judgmental. Welcome.
I missed the judge part...

Well, I'm not an insulter, I don't come on here for that sort of thing, but you'll find them. I talk mostly to people on the right and there are lots of people on my ignore list.

I'm a believer that when the market is left to itself it leads to monopolies. I believe this because the evidence is there.

Take Syria, part of the reason the Syrians were so angry is because Assad's Uncle controlled most of the country.

Bashar al-Assad has amassed fortune of up to £950m, analysts estimate

"In peacetime, the Assads and their close friends owned around 60% to 70% of the country's assets, from land and factories to energy plants and licences to sell foreign goods. "

The simple fact is that in the US today, corruption is rife, and it's been legitimized. The only reason it's not worse is because the govt has certain checks and balances in place.

I agree with the corruption; however, what you are talking about is crony capitalism. When Gov't influence is mixed with capitalism bad things happen. Believe me, in no way do I think corporations are perfect; however, if they can lobby a strong centralized Gov't their influence becomes unbearable, which is what happens now. Like I said before, there is room for some regulation; however, the powerful companies can always find ways to contort those regulations to their benefit. That is why I believe that it is better to have markets correct themselves, for the most part.

I've been an aircraft maintainer and in the aircraft business for too long.

Welcome to someone who has been accountable for his actions his entire career. On this board, you will encounter gobs of leftists who don't believe in personal accountability. They have no idea what it means to have had the level of responsibility you carried.

God bless aircraft maintainers. I put my life in their hands safely and confidently for 31 years. Salt of the Earth.

WELCOME!

mcHsyv3AeoFZkP1NhRCGWgg.jpg

McDonnell-Douglas-F-4-Phantom-II-256.preview.jpg

Thanks Will for recognizing the maintainer. I was always in awe of what you pilots do and surely wish I could have been one. Yes, personal responsibility would fix a lot of the woes of society.

Forum List

Back