Hello from England

jumbobeef

Rookie
Jul 20, 2008
England
Hello all,

Hello from England (The Lake District to be exact).

Always interested to know what others around the world think of life.

I've travelled a lot in my time, including to The USA (+ most of the EU, middle and far East and Oz).

Can I ask a favour though please: can you guys please do something about the value of the $? :eusa_pray: The price of oil is killing me ~ petrol (or gas, if you like) is currently about £1.20 per litre, or about $11 per us gallon.

Anyhoo, hello!

Bugger - and we're whining about $1.70 (Aus) a litre....anyway, welcome Jumbobeef. Wonderful pace the Lake District. Scafell, Helvellyn and Striding Ridge and of course the waters. Do they still make Kendal mint cake? :D

Can I ask a favour though please: can you guys please do something about the value of the $? :eusa_pray: The price of oil is killing me ~ petrol (or gas, if you like) is currently about £1.20 per litre, or about $11 per us gallon.

Anyhoo, hello!

That's tough.

Since, I am driving less but growing older, I'll trade you our gas prices for your health care system.

And as long as I'm bargaining on behalf of my nation, I'll trade you our Congress for your Parliment, too.

You guys can keep the crown jewels, and we'll keep our national parks system.

Deal or no deal?

Hello all,

I've travelled a lot in my time, including to The USA (+ most of the EU, middle and far East and Oz).

Anyhoo, hello!
The value of the USD helps American exporters.
Euros will have to be more competitive through efficiency.

Riddle me this batman.... What do Euros have to do with England...
Euros is a term used to refer to people that live in region of Europe.
If I were referring to the currency used in England, I would use the term the "pound".

With the value of the USD not being good for Euros, they will have to shed their fat and be more efficient.
But then, the world hates Europe, so who cares?

Hello and welcome. Do what I do, ride a bicycle and take public transportation when weather is too bad.

Hello all,

Anyhoo, hello!
Hello to the Lake District!

I have been there!

it is lovely!

are you still in this forum, I hope?

🙂😇😉

just seen

you came in July 2008 and left in August 2008

that was short ….

Hello all,

Anyhoo, hello!
welcome....could you recommend a dentist?

New Topics

Forum List

Back