Hello from Chicagoland

Chip

Rookie
Mar 8, 2010
Moderate conservative here, driven by facts and logic rather than ideology and partisanship. Pastimes include keeping up with dear family and friends, the playing of various stringed instruments, health and fitness, and obliterating the memes which are mindlessly accepted as gospel in the left and right lobes of the blogosphere.

Moderate conservative here, driven by facts and logic rather than ideology and partisanship. Pastimes include keeping up with dear family and friends, the playing of various stringed instruments, health and fitness, and obliterating the memes which are mindlessly accepted as gospel in the left and right lobes of the blogosphere.

Ultra Liberal here, but just for this weekend and possibly into Monday. I have fun on the board. I am originally from Chicago. Left in 1958. From the age of five to ten I lived at 5456 Ridgewood Court in the Hyde Park region of the city. My next door neighbor was Fritz Leiber the son of the great theater and screen actor of the Twenties and Thirties. Fritz was a fantastic Science Fiction writer in the Fifties and into the Sixties. I was born at the University of Chicago Medical Center, delivered by my mother's father a GP doctor who practiced on the south side.

Hi Chip,
Quite a few of us from Illinois, including myself from Wheaton. I want out, the state sucks. ;) Welcome though.

:welcome:

We need more moderate conservatives in the world.

What stringed instruments do you play?

Essentially anything with frets, either acoustic or electric, although I'd like to take up the cello at some point.

Welcome. I'm 100 miles due west of you. Be careful. If not, keep your neck covered at all times.

Hi Chip,
Quite a few of us from Illinois, including myself from Wheaton. I want out, the state sucks. ;) Welcome though.

politicians and all the liberal democrats SUCK this is why the state is the way it is!!!! Broke monitarily and politically!!!! Like most cities, counties, states and now with Obama countries!!!

Hi Chip,

politicians and all the liberal democrats SUCK this is why the state is the way it is!!!! Broke monitarily and politically!!!! Like most cities, counties, states and now with Obama countries!!!
The state is broke because of the unsustainable public pension system, certainly worse than it ever has been, but not exactly a new problem. Seems to me the Illinois Democrats are just the latest ones to perpetuate the denial. Like most politicians, they won't make tough, unpopular decisions proactively, they'll wait until a crisis of meltdown proportions looms and then portray themselves as "heroes" for saving the economy.

Welcome and good posting

Forum List

Back