Hello From Canada

What Canadian isn't a hockey fan?

From my experience of having lived in Vancouver for two years, I'd say at least half. Many consider it a "goon sport". Lot's of Canadian mommies don't want their kids playing hockey; it's dangerous as well as physically disfiguring. So yea, there are many Canadians who aren't that crazy about the game. I love it, however. I think it's the most exciting team contact sport ever invented. It's the fasted growing NCAA sport (it brings in many millions of dollars for the 300 American colleges with hockey programs), and the NHL only gets more lucrative every year. GO AVALANCHE!!

Being from The State of Hockey, I'd like to add, GO WILD! 2-0 and un-scored upon.
AVALANCHE? My condolences.

I've always like the Wild. They're way overdue for a Cup.

I'll have admit the home and home series with the Aves kinda blew me away. I didn't see that coming!
Thanks, I hope you're right.

Hello soul55555...

118201_halloween-karneval-deko_big.jpg

America's beginning to dominate the game now. 30% of NHL players are Americans and our junior teams nearly always kick everybody's ass in the World Juniors competition every year. We win our share of medals at the Olympics too. It's no longer a "miracle" when America trounces the world in hockey. It's getting to be a yawner, actually.

What kind of screwy logic is that? Americans comprise 23.9% of NHL players compared to 53.3% for Canadians. How on earth do you figure that Americans are beginning to dominate the game now?

America's beginning to dominate the game now. 30% of NHL players are Americans and our junior teams nearly always kick everybody's ass in the World Juniors competition every year. We win our share of medals at the Olympics too. It's no longer a "miracle" when America trounces the world in hockey. It's getting to be a yawner, actually.

What kind of screwy logic is that? Americans comprise 23.9% of NHL players compared to 53.3% for Canadians. How on earth do you figure that Americans are beginning to dominate the game now?

Because American teams have won the last 21 Stanley Cup championships, and because American teams make up 80% of NHL franchises, and because America pumps at least 80% of the money into North American hockey, and because the number of American players in professional hockey grows every year, and because it's a statistical inevitibilty that America will soon dominate the game just on weight of numbers. Besides, we love the game. Who says Canada gets to dominate forever? You know we have a few NHL franchises down here that're a hundred years old too.

Last edited:

Because American teams have won the last 21 Stanley Cup championships, and because American teams make up 80% of NHL franchises, and because America pumps at least 80% of the money into North American hockey, and because the number of American players in professional hockey grows every year, and because it's a statistical inevitibilty that America will soon dominate the game just on weight of numbers. Besides, we love the game. Who says Canada gets to dominate forever? You know we have a few NHL franchises down here that're a hundred years old too.

That doesn't make sense. It's like arguing that if China becomes the largest market for Hollywood films that they now dominate cinema. To dominate a game refers to the talent, not to the spectators.

Most computer hard drives are made in Thailand but the largest market is in the US, so does the US also dominate the computer hard drive industry?

Forum List

Back