Hello From Canada

What Canadian isn't a hockey fan?

From my experience of having lived in Vancouver for two years, I'd say at least half. Many consider it a "goon sport". Lot's of Canadian mommies don't want their kids playing hockey; it's dangerous as well as physically disfiguring. So yea, there are many Canadians who aren't that crazy about the game. I love it, however. I think it's the most exciting team contact sport ever invented. It's the fasted growing NCAA sport (it brings in many millions of dollars for the 300 American colleges with hockey programs), and the NHL only gets more lucrative every year. GO AVALANCHE!!

I had no idea, Tom! Thanks for letting me know! I thought hockey was their sport and a national favorite for them. I think it is an amazing sport - my favorite movie about Hockey was with Kurt Russell - and the 1980's Olympic Hockey team USA - beats the Russians - I love that movie! What a great team we had! None of that dream team stuff - everything went down hill after they started to go that way.

I had no idea, Tom! Thanks for letting me know! I thought hockey was their sport and a national favorite for them. I think it is an amazing sport - my favorite movie about Hockey was with Kurt Russell - and the 1980's Olympic Hockey team USA - beats the Russians - I love that movie! What a great team we had! None of that dream team stuff - everything went down hill after they started to go that way.

America's beginning to dominate the game now. 30% of NHL players are Americans and our junior teams nearly always kick everybody's ass in the World Juniors competition every year. We win our share of medals at the Olympics too. It's no longer a "miracle" when America trounces the world in hockey. It's getting to be a yawner, actually.

America's beginning to dominate the game now. 30% of NHL players are Americans and our junior teams nearly always kick everybody's ass in the World Juniors competition every year. We win our share of medals at the Olympics too. It's no longer a "miracle" when America trounces the world in hockey. It's getting to be a yawner, actually.

Er, over the last 10 years, the US has won 2 gold medals and 2 bronze medals at the World Juniors. That's decent, but it hardly qualifies as "nearly always kicking everybody's ass."

List of IIHF World Under-20 Championship medalists - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And since Lake Placid, the US has won 2 silver medals in 9 Olympic tournaments.

Ice hockey at the Olympic Games - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Er, over the last 10 years, the US has won 2 gold medals and 2 bronze medals at the World Juniors. That's decent, but it hardly qualifies as "nearly always kicking everybody's ass."

List of IIHF World Under-20 Championship medalists - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You do realize why, right? The dream teams did us in. Wouldn't be suprised to learn the Marxists arranged that one - in order to accomodate the Russians.

And how many Stanley Cups have US teams won in 20 years?

From my experience of having lived in Vancouver for two years, I'd say at least half. Many consider it a "goon sport". Lot's of Canadian mommies don't want their kids playing hockey; it's dangerous as well as physically disfiguring. So yea, there are many Canadians who aren't that crazy about the game. I love it, however. I think it's the most exciting team contact sport ever invented. It's the fasted growing NCAA sport (it brings in many millions of dollars for the 300 American colleges with hockey programs), and the NHL only gets more lucrative every year. GO AVALANCHE!!

Being from The State of Hockey, I'd like to add, GO WILD! 2-0 and un-scored upon.
AVALANCHE? My condolences.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 110

Why do you hate America? :dunno:

And how many Stanley Cups have US teams won in 20 years?

Staffed mainly by non-Americans. Mostly non-American players with non-American coaches and non-American GMs.

I'm not dissing the US hockey program. It's getting better.

I'm just correcting your inaccurate statements.

Being from The State of Hockey, I'd like to add, GO WILD! 2-0 and un-scored upon.
AVALANCHE? My condolences.

I've always liked the Wild. They're way overdue for a Cup.

Last edited:
So...

...there was this Canadian who joined a message board buried in here somewhere...

Hello, tell me you came here for more than hockey please.

Forum List

Back