Hello from Cali

MrPointful

Rookie
Sep 24, 2009
I'm a college student from Southern California here to explore/develop my political beliefs and to discuss current political events. This seems like a pretty cool community, and hopefully I can make regular visits.

Edit: Oh I thought I'd add a little anecdote... My gross earnings amounted to a few hundred bucks for September (I'm a college student and only work 12 hours/week). After taxes, I only got to take home 61% of my gross earnings. After taxes, my effective wage was $5 + change per hour. God I love my government.

Last edited:
I'm a college student from Southern California here to explore/develop my political beliefs and to discuss current political events. This seems like a pretty cool community, and hopefully I can make regular visits.

Edit: Oh I thought I'd add a little anecdote... My gross earnings amounted to a few hundred bucks for September (I'm a college student and only work 12 hours/week). After taxes, I only got to take home 61% of my gross earnings. After taxes, my effective wage was $5 + change per hour. God I love my government.

You seem like a pleasant young man, interesting little ditty you offered up. See you around..:popcorn:

My wife and I escaped California in 2004, not looking forward to going back any time soon.

Where do you attend and what are you studying?

You're gettig hosed.

You are not making enough money to pay any taxes whatever.

Seek professioal help.

You're gettig hosed.

You are not making enough money to pay any taxes whatever.

Seek professioal help.

He's probably talking state taxes, not federal. It is California after all. :eek:

After taxes, I only got to take home 61% of my gross earnings. After taxes, my effective wage was $5 + change per hour. God I love my government.

How much of that will you get back as a refund when you file your tax return?

Another question...what college are you going to?

Forum List

Back