Hello from Austria

Fuzzy_Vienna

Rookie
Jun 26, 2011
My name is Martin and I am from Vienna - Austria.
You know Mozart, Viennese Waltz, Emperor Franz Joseph and Sissi, Spanish Riding School :razz: (all this old nonsense * lol *)

I read here with already long because I want to improve my English and I think that one learns best when one reads the current discussions.

We (my wife and I) were already a few times in the United States - to be precise in Florida (4 times), New York and Chicago. We love your country.

Now I thought it is time to time to log on and tell her that since a great forum.
I apologize if my English does not hurt you in the eyes but I am still learning.

Best regards from Vienna
Martin

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I'm new here, too, so I make an odd presence for the welcoming party.

I'm just posting because I love Vienna. There's nothing nonsense about Vienna, quite the contrary. I went with some well traveled people two months ago, and we all agreed it was the most beautiful city in the world: 7 out of 7. Unanimous.

I wasnt there long enough to get a reliable sense of the people, but Viennese seemed nice enough. I certainly did not feel uncomfortable as an American (except maybe some inferiority complex about my fashion!)

You know Mozart, Viennese Waltz, Emperor Franz Joseph and Sissi, Spanish Riding School :razz: (all this old nonsense * lol *)

I read here with already long because I want to improve my English and I think that one learns best when one reads the current discussions.

We (my wife and I) were already a few times in the United States - to be precise in Florida (4 times), New York and Chicago. We love your country.

Now I thought it is time to time to log on and tell her that since a great forum.
I apologize if my English does not hurt you in the eyes but I am still learning.

Best regards from Vienna
Martin

Welcome, Fuzzy Vienna

Yes, I've been to your enchanting country, walked through Mozart's boyhood home in Salzburg, seen those lovely whitish-gray horses, Lippizans, aren't they? I loved the narrow walking streets in Salzburg and also the fabulous Mirabell palace bursting in bloom...

Glad you're here at USMB, and hope you have a wonderful time here.

Oh, and Martin, my maiden name is Martin. :)

Last edited:
That's nice, the Vienna is the most beautiful city in the world;-)
And yes you are right.
Vienna is a wonderful city - and Austria a beautiful country.

But every time we are in the U.S. and people ask us where we come from we always hear:

Mozart, Viennese waltz, Lipizaner (white horse), etc.

The funny thing is that I live here and that everything is normal for me this are the everglates, Grand Canyon, etc. something special for me ...

And Mozart was born in Salzburg, but then lived in Vienna;-)

If you ever come to Vienna, let me know I show you a different Vienna off the tourist hotspots!

Welcome I used to be an Arnold Schwarzenegger fan but not so much anymore. He should have stayed out of politics...and away from ugly women.:confused:

Some of my distant anscestors were the gingerbread makers to the House of Hapsburg.

I'm informed they migrated to Vienna when the capital of the empire moved from Prague to Vienna.

Apparently Ginger was once a controlled substance in that empire.

Or possibly it was merely very expensive, I'm not exactly sure why such a modest role in society would be something that would be so important.

But apparently being the perveryor of stuff to the royal houses was some kind of big deal a century ago.

Hello,

@ EDITEC:
Excuse my English but ...

Anscestors?
Gingerbread = ww*.striezel-markt.de/striezel/assets/images/pfefferkuchen.JPG
perveryor =??
Ginger = media.kuechengoetter.de/media/52/12053431125330/abt_dsf9449.jpg

@ Jroc:
* lol * to me say that many Americans! But in Austria this is all a bit more "fun" There was a football stadium, the Arnold Schwarzenegger stadium was called, as he was then in an execution, no mercy (as he was a politician), all excited in the province (Styria) as to which the stadium has been renamed!

If I have serious errors in my English you have to tell me that! Please!

Best regards from Vienna
Martin

By the way, did you bring any pastries with you? :D

Best regards from Vienna
Martin
Hey, I'll be in Austria next month. Vienna and and Melk

oh yea, the second week I'll be in salzburg and innsbruk

Last edited:

Forum List

Back