hello from a lonely progressive

Techie, are you a computer techie?

I used to be one, but my brain has forgotten what it knew 40 years ago when I was a software expert on IBM 370 mainframes.

Hell, my laptop is far more powerful than that mainframe that filled a room and had chilled water forced though it's cooling system!

Welcome.

I work with UNIX systems. Well..now it's LINIX.

Did a DR in NJ. It was about the size of an aircraft carrier and underground. Had 2 olympic sized pools of water on the surface for chilling the racks. It's amazing to think that just one of the 1000s of HP ProLiant BL460c G7 Servers in that place are 1000s of times more powerful then that old IBM 370.

I am the only Democrat I know of within 100 miles. I live in rural, East Texas. I am the only one in my neighborhood without an "IMPEACH OBAMA" yard sign. It's easier, in my area to find a KKK member a Democrat.

I am even worse than a Democrat. All members of my community are Evangelicals, and my wife and I are the opposite.

I enjoy debating with right-wingers. Like AM radio, right-wingers seem to dominate discussion forums. Is this one similar, i.e. dominated by righties?

Are you trying to apply for protection under the endagered species act? Well, just remember, 60 years ago Republicans would have been just as rare in rural Texas. What goes around comes around.

Welcome and have fun.

Forum List

Back