Hello from 912'er in Danville, IL

If Fox Fans are idiots what does that make MSNBC fans? Globs primordial soup?

Here's an interesting take culled from my favorite publication, THE WEEK, quoting Steve Chapman in the Chicago Tribune regarding the FOX v. MSNBC squabble:

"Watching Fox News, you get the impression that huge numbers of Americans regard Obama as a Stalinist.

"Switch on MSNBC, and you would assume that most people want Dick Cheney sent to Guantanamo.

"You would be mistaken.

"Fox News averages just 2.6 million viewers on a typical weeknight, or less than 1% of Americans. MSNBC does worse, with 831,000 per night. The three major network newscasts, which offer less overt bias, pull in a combined total of more than 20 million viewers each evening.

"The average American citizen, contrary to myth, is neither very angry nor very far to the left or the right. In a cluttered media environment, the most extreme voices tend to attract so much attention that it's easy to forget something important: Most people aren't listening."

Great post. Stop doing that, you will confuse them.

As both are cable networks that point would make sense and I agree Fox is as right as MSNBC is left, I only attack MSNBC becasue they attack me personally. I don't live and die by what Fox says, I do listen to and watch other News to get a balance and I find the coverage on Fox to be much closer to reality as I see it than MSNBC and in most cases CNN. The major networks for the most part all lean a little left and this makes what Fox does so important.

Let me ask you this. If Fox is such a non issue than why are they getting attacked so heavily by the left? This is the same point I like to make about Sarah Palin. If someone is not a threat to you, why tap resources against them. Fox and Sarah Palin have almost all of the Liberal Resources at work, so one must conclude that Fox and Sarah Palin are huge threats.

In my mind that means they are doing somthing right becasue i don't want to follow NEWS that is white house approved. The same would hold true in my mind is the president was a Right Winger and he was telling everyone MSNBC isn't a real news Network, you should only watch Fox. You better believe I'd be watching MSNBC to see what they didn't want me looking at.

What are the 9 principles and 12 values?

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is known. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson

The 12 Values
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Personal Responsibility
* Gratitude

1. America Is Good.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is known. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington

Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson

The 12 Values
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Gratitude

Before anyone jumps on the "It's all about GOD bandwagon"

It is not mandatory that you believe in all 9 and 12 we only ask that if you believe in MOST of them than you are in fact a 9-12'er

Here's an interesting take culled from my favorite publication, THE WEEK, quoting Steve Chapman in the Chicago Tribune regarding the FOX v. MSNBC squabble:

"Watching Fox News, you get the impression that huge numbers of Americans regard Obama as a Stalinist.

"Switch on MSNBC, and you would assume that most people want Dick Cheney sent to Guantanamo.

"You would be mistaken.

"Fox News averages just 2.6 million viewers on a typical weeknight, or less than 1% of Americans. MSNBC does worse, with 831,000 per night. The three major network newscasts, which offer less overt bias, pull in a combined total of more than 20 million viewers each evening.

"The average American citizen, contrary to myth, is neither very angry nor very far to the left or the right. In a cluttered media environment, the most extreme voices tend to attract so much attention that it's easy to forget something important: Most people aren't listening."

Great post. Stop doing that, you will confuse them.

As both are cable networks that point would make sense and I agree Fox is as right as MSNBC is left, I only attack MSNBC becasue they attack me personally. I don't live and die by what Fox says, I do listen to and watch other News to get a balance and I find the coverage on Fox to be much closer to reality as I see it than MSNBC and in most cases CNN. The major networks for the most part all lean a little left and this makes what Fox does so important.

Let me ask you this. If Fox is such a non issue than why are they getting attacked so heavily by the left? This is the same point I like to make about Sarah Palin. If someone is not a threat to you, why tap resources against them. Fox and Sarah Palin have almost all of the Liberal Resources at work, so one must conclude that Fox and Sarah Palin are huge threats.

In my mind that means they are doing somthing right becasue i don't want to follow NEWS that is white house approved. The same would hold true in my mind is the president was a Right Winger and he was telling everyone MSNBC isn't a real news Network, you should only watch Fox. You better believe I'd be watching MSNBC to see what they didn't want me looking at.

I would say that the reason Fox has gotten the cold shoulder from the White House recently is because of the antics of Glenn Beck. Obama has previously given a respectful interview by Bill O'Reilly, and last Wednesday was interviewed by Major Garrett. But ever since Beck joined their team, it seems as though FOX has gone along with all of his grandstanding. As for the left in general, I think it's pretty obvious why FOX isn't a favorite go-to cable news channel.

1. America Is Good.

I would say that Glenn Beck violates that tenet quite often.

The pursuit of happiness isn't always dependent upon one's "vocation." I'm sure that all those folks collecting unemployment are quite happy that they were able to "pursue" those government social umbrellas that are helping them out while they presently have no "vocation" to fall back upon.

I don't think it's very "American" to use the bully pulpit to spread rumors and innuendo to great masses of people.

The 12 Values
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Gratitude

I think all of those are characterizations every American strives for at least at some point in our lives. But it's the manner in which we conduct ourselves, however, that's the true test. I'm sure people like Glenn Beck THINK they're the model of righteousness, but unfortunately prove by their actions that they're all talk and no action.

1. America Is Good.

The pursuit of happiness isn't always dependent upon one's "vocation." I'm sure that all those folks collecting unemployment are quite happy that they were able to "pursue" those government social umbrellas that are helping them out while they presently have no "vocation" to fall back upon.

I don't think it's very "American" to use the bully pulpit to spread rumors and innuendo to great masses of people.

The 12 Values
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Gratitude

I think all of those are characterizations every American strives for at least at some point in our lives. But it's the manner in which we conduct ourselves, however, that's the true test. I'm sure people like Glenn Beck THINK they're the model of righteousness, but unfortunately prove by their actions that they're all talk and no action.

Please provide any evidance that Gleen Beck has lied about anything?

I would argue that the Unemployment benefits are restricting them from getting off their ass and finding a job. Pursuit of happiness doesn't mean you are going to find it. Sometimes life is hard and we must deal with it.

Again put up or shut up. Show some proof or drop this whole GLENN BECK LIES!!! GLENN BECK LIES!!! routine.

If you actually watch his show he admits mistakes all the time when he makes them, and he often points out errors that were otherwise overlooked. If you don't agree with his position, that one thing but don't call his positions lies unless you can prove otherwise....

1. America Is Good.

The 12 Values
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Gratitude

I would argue that the Unemployment benefits are restricting them from getting off their ass and finding a job. Pursuit of happiness doesn't mean you are going to find it. Sometimes life is hard and we must deal with it.

Again put up or shut up. Show some proof or drop this whole GLENN BECK LIES!!! GLENN BECK LIES!!! routine.

If you actually watch his show he admits mistakes all the time when he makes them, and he often points out errors that were otherwise overlooked. If you don't agree with his position, that one thing but don't call his positions lies unless you can prove otherwise....

It appears your request for PROOF of Glenn Beck lies has been asked more than once. Enjoy:

How many Beck lies can you find by searching "Glenn Beck lies" in your favorite search engine? - Yahoo! Answers

It appears your request for PROOF of Glenn Beck lies has been asked more than once. Enjoy:

How many Beck lies can you find by searching "Glenn Beck lies" in your favorite search engine? - Yahoo! Answers

Is that the best you got? Yahoo Anwsers, with a bunch of posts from bloggers and left wing nutjobs. If that is really the best you can come up with than what you are really trying to say is that you have not even one lie that you can show me. If you had to actually go to google and search for Glenn Beck Lies.

Weak!

Is that the best you got? Yahoo Anwsers, with a bunch of posts from bloggers and left wing nutjobs. If that is really the best you can come up with than what you are really trying to say is that you have not even one lie that you can show me. If you had to actually go to google and search for Glenn Beck Lies.

Weak!

Glenn Beck has such a side show of ridiculous allegations that no one can keep track. That's why God invented Google. :lol:

However, how about a few Googled pages of just Politifact.com investigations of Beck? Better?

- Google Search

Or, for laughs, you can always go to YouTube and watch the clown in action.

Weak!

Glenn Beck has such a side show of ridiculous allegations that no one can keep track. That's why God invented Google. :lol:

However, how about a few Googled pages of just Politifact.com investigations of Beck? Better?

- Google Search

I actually watch the show so I see him in action 5 days a week.

Weak!

- Google Search

Did you catch him accusing Norah O'Donnell of being a child molester just because she interviewed a 17-year old at Palin's book signing? I rest my case.

- Google Search

Did you catch him accusing Norah O'Donnell of being a child molester just because she interviewed a 17-year old at Palin's book signing? I rest my case.

You really need to get your facts straight. First He DID NOT accuse her of being a child molester. He thought the girl was 13 and he made a Joke about the way O'Donnell attacked her with the anti-palin attitude questions suggested he should call Child Protective services for the way the girl was treated. This was played on his radio show, and you clearly tell by the tone of O'Donnell voice their was disgust for this girl because she was clearly a Palin supporter. The tone of her voice was very differnant and even pleasant when she spoke to a young black male child who was slobbering about how great Obama is.

You really need to get your facts straight. First He DID NOT accuse her of being a child molester. He thought the girl was 13 and he made a Joke about the way O'Donnell attacked her with the anti-palin attitude questions suggested he should call Child Protective services for the way the girl was treated. This was played on his radio show, and you clearly tell by the tone of O'Donnell voice their was disgust for this girl because she was clearly a Palin supporter. The tone of her voice was very differnant and even pleasant when she spoke to a young black male child who was slobbering about how great Obama is.

He made "a joke"??? Yeah, righjt. The man is a pig. He spent over 10 minutes making a mountain out of a molehill, which is his usual style, coming off like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I guess Blech doesn't keep his 12 Rules posted above his monitors, because he violates one of each at least once a week.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF5iQQ2JIK8[/ame]

And by the way, by the time Blech got through his rant, he had the girl at 12 years old, not 17. I find it hard to believe an adolescent would have such a mature voice. Did he ever prove exactly how old she is?

He made "a joke"??? Yeah, righjt. The man is a pig. He spent over 10 minutes making a mountain out of a molehill, which is his usual style, coming off like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I guess Blech doesn't keep his 12 Rules posted above his monitors, because he violates one of each at least once a week.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF5iQQ2JIK8[/ame]

And by the way, by the time Blech got through his rant, he had the girl at 12 years old, not 17. I find it hard to believe an adolescent would have such a mature voice. Did he ever prove exactly how old she is?

So what if she was 12, 17 or 27 that chick had utter contempt in her voice as she asked those questions. Beck (Not Blech) was making light of it. As for her age, speaking of making a mountain out of a mole hill, have you never mis-spoken before?

Please take this to a legitimate forum. I am tired on clicking on this one to see who welcomed immto to the fray.

You've both had your fun here.

Now...

P1160618-1.jpg

Forum List

Back