Hello form Turkey

canavar said:
But Turkeys border with Iran is not the same with Iraq-Iran Border. Turkey is north.
USA not allowing Turkey entering Iraq. General Myers says: "Sovereign Iraq has much to say"

And sovereign Iraq's foreign Minister = Zebari (Kurd) . Kurds have no interests Turkey entering Iraq, whether PKK-Hunting or Zarkawi-hunting in SUNNItes Triangle (Bagdad-Falludscha-Tikrit)

Turkey offered 10.000 experienced Terror-fighting Soldiers to Wolfowitz+Rumsfeld. Kurds pressured to say no.

LOL Ya--I understand the geography. I was just wishing, I guess. Looks like Turkey is going to have to wait like the rest of us and hope Iraq can pull it together but I can never see the Kurds settling for anything less than autonomy. If the US is stupid enough to leave Iraq then I guess Turkey will have thier chance to attack the PKK.

(maybe a mod will be nice enough to help fix the typo in the title of your thread)

But turkish Army does not want to wait anymore...

Pre-emptive Strike is not USA-Patent... Israel, Turkeys Military ALLY does, too. And Turkey will also.
Turkish Military says so through Television to Turkish Nation and that USA have to act finally.

Turkish Military waiting since 1 March 2003 ... Turkish Military is rolling.
Turkish Military hunting PKK within Turkish Borders and Turkish Military will finish this PKK-Issue in North-Iraq as USA don't fight.

We are legitimated to kill those Terrorists. You come 10.000 KM to kill Terrorist, and we will kill Terrorists 700 KM away.
It is the same right. War on Terror.

American Soldiers captured Turkish-Soldiers once and Eric Edelman, who was Ambassdaor to Ankara, but now in Pentagon, knows what it means to Turkey capturing NATO-ALIIED-FORCES.
In America perhaps it is the greatest honour being Pop-Star or NBA-Player. In Turkey it is being General.

canavar said:

Pre-emptive Strike is not USA-Patent... Israel does, too. And Turkey will also.
Turkish Military says so through Television to Turkish Nation and that USA have to act finally.

Turkish Military hunting PKK within Turkish Borders and Turkish Military will finish this PKK-Issue in North-Iraq as USA don't fight.

We are legitimated to kill those Terrorists. You come 10.000 KM to kill Terrorist, and we will kill Terrorists 700 KM away.

American Soldiers captured Turkish-Soldiers once and Eric Edelman, who was Ambassdaor to Ankara, but now in Pentagon, knows what it means to Turkey capturing NATO-ALIIED-FORCES.
In America perhaps it is the greatest honour being Pop-Star or NBA-Player. In Turkey it is being General.

So where is it that the Turkish military is dying to strike? The Kurds? Or are you saying that Turkey wishes to enter into war directly with the US, by killing/capturing US troops? :dunno:

canavar said:

Pre-emptive Strike is not USA-Patent... Israel, Turkeys Military ALLY does, too. And Turkey will also.

What I would like to know is this .....

You posted earlier that you are half-Kurd, and many Turks are Kurds. So what is the problem? Y'all fighting over marbles, or what?

Kathianne said:
So where is it that the Turkish military is dying to strike? The Kurds? Or are you saying that Turkey wishes to enter into war directly with the US, by killing/capturing US troops? :dunno:

No, i mamtioned it that US are NATO-ALLY and friends. Turkish Army never captured GIs. But Airborne in Süleymaniye did capture Turkish Soldiers treating like terrorists.

Turkish Airspace , Incirlik is all open to Coalition Forces. Turkish Truck drivers supplying US Forces, and Turkish people-killing PKK remains untouched in North-Iraq. This is not acceptable anymore since PKK's activities raise...

USA is NATO-ALLIED (Turkey is NATO-Member from Beginning of this Pact).
Turks fought with Americans side by side since 1950s ...
But this seems not to be count anymore.

Turks will not fight Kurds. In Turkish Army there are 200.000 Kurds.
Turkish Army will fight Terrororganistion which have turkish blood on their hands. All their Locations well known.
Turkey fighting Anti-Terrorism. If Peshmerga choose to fight side by side PKK-Terrorists, they are treated as terrorists by Turkish Army. Turkish Army will not loose. It will bloody but when Turkish Army enters fighting Terrorists, it will finish the job.

If Kurds in North-Iraq do not back and assist PKK, they are not Terrorists.

canavar said:
No, i mamtioned it that US are NATO-ALLY and friends. Turkish Army never captured GIs. But Airborne in Süleymaniye did capture Turkish Soldiers treating like terrorists.

Turkish Airspace , Incirlik is all open to Coalition Forces. Turkish Truck drivers supplying US Forces, and Turkish people-killing PKK remains untouched in North-Iraq. This is not acceptable anymore since PKK's activities raise...

Turkish Army will fight Terrororganistion which have turkish blood on their hands. All their Locations well known.
Turkey fighting Anti-Terrorism. If Peshmerga choose to fight side by side PKK-Terrorists, they are treated as terrorists by Turkish Army. Turkish Army will not loose. It will bloody but when Turkish Army enters fighting Terrorists, it will finish the job.

Thanks for your response and welcome to the board. I agree with the take you have of US/Turkey relations, especially in regards to NATO which the US argued for Turkey to be recognized in. I agree with your discussions of Turkey keeping Islam out of politics, until recently. I hope you will acknowledge that the US has been using whatever influence we have for EU, to include Turkey.

Yes, Turkey has been on the outs because of Iraq and their last minute backstabbing-which didn't accomplish anything but the problems you've been describing. Problems most Americans are unaware of-and will remain so. You must realize that Turkey while valued, is not a 'key' ally-not meant as a dig, just real politik.

canavar said:

And the PKK is exactly who?

GunnyL said:
What I would like to know is this .....

You posted earlier that you are half-Kurd, and many Turks are Kurds. So what is the problem? Y'all fighting over marbles, or what?

Turkey is 72 mio inhabitants. 12 mio are kurds.
Kurds do have their own daily hour-based language-TV.. Kurdish language is being taught in extra-schools. EU wanted this.
Now, 2 years later Those extra-Schools are closed. Nobody visiting this schools.

In turkey live 58 ethnicities. multi-cultural. Atatürks vision was joining all those ethnicities to one new strong nation. ---> Turkey
So when i say turk or turkish Nation everyone with turkish passport is being ment.
We had kurdish-ethnicity primeministers and presidents. Kurdish ethnicity is part of every Man living in Turkeys border with turkish passport...

In Turkey there is a kurdish Party which does only politics for Kurdish Turks.
This Party never was elected to parliament. Never. In turkey you have to get at least 10% of votes to go to Parliament. Kurdish party always 3-5 %.
We are brothers and Atatürk is our Father. Atatürk means = Father of turks.
Kurds do not want Seperating from Turkey. Kurds are Turkish citizens. All 58 ethnicities lost their lives for todays Turkish Frontier.

Kurds are not homogen. Kurds come from Iran. turkish Kurds, North-Iraq Kurds and Syrian Kurds can not speak to each other. they are speaking different languages.
And PKK was build many decades ago from unhappy Turkish Kurds... But they are not representing Turkish Kurds.
PKK bombs every 58 ethnicities including Turkish Kurds.
They are representing noone and in turkey nobody knows for whom they fight.

But Iraqi Kurds now want own State. Barzani has settled up an Political Party in Turkey. And he wants to wash Turkish Kurds loyality as Turkish citizens. Barzani claims Turkish City Diyarbakir as Kurdistan Capital.
Diyarbakirs Turkish Kurds would kick his ass.

Let me Tell you this clearly... Northern Iraqs Face is not on Bagdad but on Turkeys + Irans + Syrias Kurds... And when Kirkuk, which is historically a Turcoman city will join Kurdish Iraqi Regions, Oil will make Barzani rich financind political Parties in Turkey and so on.

Thanks Said ;) It's hard to keep up with all the murdering scumbags in the world and what they annoint themselves as.

So, if I get this right, a Nationalist Turkey doesn't want an ethnic group that wants its own autonomy sitting on its borders?

GunnyL said:
Thanks Said ;) It's hard to keep up with all the murdering scumbags in the world and what they annoint themselves as.

So, if I get this right, a Nationalist Turkey doesn't want an ethnic group that wants its own autonomy sitting on its borders?

I suppose not, but in any case (at the very least) not with those psychos in charge.

Said1 said:
I suppose not, but in any case (at the very least) not with those psychos in charge.

What I'm seeing from him is this .....

All Muslims are not terrorists.

What I am seeing from the Turkish government by their actions toward them, all Iraqi Kurds are PKK.

I CAN understand why a Nationalist Turkey would not want individual, powerful ethnic groups. Look what happened to Yugoslavia when Tito kicked the bucket.

At the same time, I think Turkey did the Kurds wrong leaving them to the whims of Saddam Insane.

GunnyL said:
What I'm seeing from him is this .....

All Muslims are not terrorists.

What I am seeing from the Turkish government by their actions toward them, all Iraqi Kurds are PKK.

I don't see why, since there are other Kurdish movements in Iraq that they are in cahoots with - or should I say bigger and better than the PKK.

I CAN understand why a Nationalist Turkey would not want individual, powerful ethnic groups. Look what happened to Yugoslavia when Tito kicked the bucket.

At the same time, I think Turkey did the Kurds wrong leaving them to the whims of Saddam Insane.

Wrong, but not surprising. Like you said, why would nationalist Turkey want them?

Said1 said:
I don't see why, since there are other Kurdish movements in Iraq that they are in cahoots with - or should I say bigger and better than the PKK.

Wrong, but not surprising. Like you said, why would nationalist Turkey want them?

I'm just trying to get edumacated here. I have been aware of action/reaction between Turkey and Iraqi Kurds ... just never paid attention to the politics behind it.

Usually there's some reason, even if trivial, behind the hatred. Just wondering what the bottom line is here.

GunnyL said:
I'm just trying to get edumacated here. I have been aware of action/reaction between Turkey and Iraqi Kurds ... just never paid attention to the politics behind it.

Usually there's some reason, even if trivial, behind the hatred. Just wondering what the bottom line is here.

You're on the right track. I get the impression that all Iraqi Kurds are lumped together and treated as such. On the other hand, our new half Kurdish friend says everything is pretty much resolved betweent the Kurds and the Turks and these groups are judged seperatly from the average kurd. I would think the inspiration for such movements goes back to the events leading up to the masacre that "didn't" happen, but i'm just guessing on that one. Maybe the Turk can clear that up for us?

Said1 said:
You're on the right track. I get the impression that all Iraqi Kurds are lumped together and treated as such. On the other hand, our new half Kurdish friend says everything is pretty much resolved betweent the Kurds and the Turks and these groups are judged seperatly from the average kurd. I would think the inspiration for such movements goes back to the events leading up to the masacre that "didn't" happen, but i'm just guessing on that one. Maybe the Turk can clear that up for us?

I was actually wondering about the disparity between his account that all is well and the fact that the Turkish military has 150,000 troops on the border.

Of course, we COULD learn something from them on that one.

GunnyL said:
I was actually wondering about the disparity between his account that all is well and the fact that the Turkish military has 150,000 troops on the border.

Doh! Forgot about that. Now who's getting the edjumucation. Heeuk.

GunnyL said:

Hello... First, Barzani is the leader of the KDP-Party and Talabani is the Leader of the PUK-Party in Northern-Iraq... As i said before, Kurds are not homogen...

PUK+ KDP killed their selves in North-Iraq many years... But USA pressured Kurds to end war between themselves...

Look here:

Fighting broke out between the PUK and the KDP in 1994 and lasted for four years, during which time, the KDP allied with Iraqi forces in an attempt to eliminate PUK. The United States finally brokered a ceasefire in September 1998. In October 2002, the reunified parliament of the de facto Kurdish state met for the first time since 1994 and declared that Iraqi Kurdistan would be a federal state in post-Saddam Iraq.
http://www.tkb.org/Group.jsp?groupID=4191

As you see, they beat their own heads. In kurdish their is a famous reminder : "If you have nothing to do, doing war is better than doing nothing."

PUK + KDP helped in the Past Turkey fighting PKK on North-Iraq Territory.
Turkey sent Soldiers to North-Iraq as Observers to the Pecefire between Talabani + Barzani...

Barzani also had allied with Saddam sometime ago to kill Talabais Party... Remember that...

But now as USA is our neighbour things changed... PUK + KDP do not work anymore with turkey together against PKK...
They back PKK...

New Topics

Forum List

Back