Hello everyone,

LimeyLucy

Rookie
Aug 5, 2015
Just introducing myself. Another Bloomin Brit of course, lol, actually I count myself as an Irish Mongrel really, Parents were Irish, Limerick and Kerry, six brothers and myself the only girl, all born in the UK. I have been married to the loveliest guy on the planet that I still fancy like mad even after all these years. We have six strapping sons that I always refer to as my gorillas. Just retired in June this year after working full time in finance for 46 years, (thank god for HUGE family unit who helped me rear the gorilla's and work as well,) god bless them, because I do every single day when I think back on how many times they helped me out with the care.

I have heard really good things about this discussion board from others so thought I would join and see what is going on. I hope you will all be gentle with me, I try my utmost to never offend anyone but I still wear my trusty tin helmet just in case I get ganged up on. (only kidding).Look forward very much to joining in the discussions with you all. Very best wishes, LL x

Holy Smokes ... Six kids (and all boys) ... At least I don't have to worry about not having any kids now and thanks for your contribution.

Just introducing myself. Another Bloomin Brit of course, lol, actually I count myself as an Irish Mongrel really, Parents were Irish, Limerick and Kerry, six brothers and myself the only girl, all born in the UK. I have been married to the loveliest guy on the planet that I still fancy like mad even after all these years. We have six strapping sons that I always refer to as my gorillas. Just retired in June this year after working full time in finance for 46 years, (thank god for HUGE family unit who helped me rear the gorilla's and work as well,) god bless them, because I do every single day when I think back on how many times they helped me out with the care.

I have heard really good things about this discussion board from others so thought I would join and see what is going on. I hope you will all be gentle with me, I try my utmost to never offend anyone but I still wear my trusty tin helmet just in case I get ganged up on. (only kidding).Look forward very much to joining in the discussions with you all. Very best wishes, LL x
Welcome aboard. We're glad to have you join us. I hope that you enjoy yourself here, make a lot of friends, enjoy friendly conversations, and add to our learning experience. I think that you'll find that most members here are very nice, friendly, and knowledgeable on many subjects. I hope you join in the conversations as much as possible, contribute often, and allow us to learn from you. Always speak your mind, and never be afraid to express yourself. Again, welcome and enjoy.

Thank you so much again for the welcomes. I will indeed join in the discussions as you have so many interesting boards to go through. The hard part will be trying to decipher your American sayings but it will be fun finding out I hope I don't put my foot in my mouth by saying something perfectly acceptable and decent here in the UK but perhaps is highly insulting to Americans. Gulp! never mind, I will only ever type it once before making humble apologies. :itsok: See you all on the boards. Best wishes Lucy x

14388087591382_zpsg8kp9to9.gif
:)

Thank you so much again for the welcomes. I will indeed join in the discussions as you have so many interesting boards to go through. The hard part will be trying to decipher your American sayings but it will be fun finding out I hope I don't put my foot in my mouth by saying something perfectly acceptable and decent here in the UK but perhaps is highly insulting to Americans. Gulp! never mind, I will only ever type it once before making humble apologies. :itsok: See you all on the boards. Best wishes Lucy x

It doesn't matter if you slip and fall over the lingo ... You will live through it.
It won't be long until you figure out some people here can be offended over just about anything anyone posts.

You will be fine ... Think of this place as the Wild West ... Load your shotgun and don't be shy.

Welcome to USMB, hope you have some fun here. Get your shots before you start, you will need them.

:D

If you like fried mars bars, then we can become good friends.
And if you can swing from one of Big Ben's arms, I will hug you.

:D

Welcome to USMB.

Forum List

Back