Hello Everyone

Sep 1, 2010
Ohio
Hello everyone. My name is Jessica and I am from Ohio. I am a nurse at a local psychiatric nursing home. I have been very politically involved since I was a kid.
I stumbled on this forum by accident. This looks like a nice place to get to know other people and learn new things.

Politically I consider myself a libertarian. I believe in live and let live. If what you are doing isn't bothering me personally, then why should I tell you how to live? I don't like liberals or conservatives.

Liberals come at me from the left and try to take away my rights to defend myself, worship my G-d, and take half of my paycheck to support the lazy. The conservatives are a bunch of middle age males that try to tell me that I should believe in their version of religion and sit around with their thumbs up their behinds.

They want to blame democrats but when given the chance do no better. What happened to fiscal conservatism??

I personally believe that Ron Paul could help this country a lot if he was president.

Like I said I'm sitting in the middle of the fence watching to see who really has my best interests at heart.

:welcome: I'm a supporter of Ron Paul and lean pretty heavy libertarian. Enjoy but be prepared to catch it from both sides, just wear the badge with honor:cool:

Hello everyone. My name is Jessica and I am from Ohio. I am a nurse at a local psychiatric nursing home. I have been very politically involved since I was a kid.
I stumbled on this forum by accident. This looks like a nice place to get to know other people and learn new things.

Politically I consider myself a libertarian. I believe in live and let live. If what you are doing isn't bothering me personally, then why should I tell you how to live? I don't like liberals or conservatives.

Liberals come at me from the left and try to take away my rights to defend myself, worship my G-d, and take half of my paycheck to support the lazy. The conservatives are a bunch of middle age males that try to tell me that I should believe in their version of religion and sit around with their thumbs up their behinds.

They want to blame democrats but when given the chance do no better. What happened to fiscal conservatism??

I personally believe that Ron Paul could help this country a lot if he was president.

Like I said I'm sitting in the middle of the fence watching to see who really has my best interests at heart.

That'll come in very handy here....... :eusa_whistle:
(Are my meds ready yet?)

Hi Madeline and everyone else. Thanks for all the replies! A psychiatric nursing home is where the people from psychiatric hospitals go if they cannot be released to society. Our government's policy for some time now is to empty the mental hospitals which has led to a lot of mentally ill homeless.

A psychiatric nursing home is a place where these people are sent to when medicare/medicaid/whatever insurance has stopped paying for the hospital. Also, sex offenders can choose to go to my facility instead of prison or if they are too ill for prison they go there. It's crazy.

Hi Madeline and everyone else. Thanks for all the replies! A psychiatric nursing home is where the people from psychiatric hospitals go if they cannot be released to society. Our government's policy for some time now is to empty the mental hospitals which has led to a lot of mentally ill homeless.

A psychiatric nursing home is a place where these people are sent to when medicare/medicaid/whatever insurance has stopped paying for the hospital. Also, sex offenders can choose to go to my facility instead of prison or if they are too ill for prison they go there. It's crazy.

Like I said, that experience will come in handy here......... :eusa_whistle:

Ahhhhh, that's nice.... You look after liberals for a living. High five to you for that.

Welcome.

Forum List

Back