Hello everyone, from a SC State University Republican....yes, we do exist!

SCSUGOP

SCState University GOP
Sep 23, 2009
South Carolina
Hello everyone,

SCState University Republicans are a group of conservative students and alumni of SC State University looking to provide a voice to a small but growing number of Republican african americans in South Carolina. We want SC State University to be the flagship for african american republicans in SC.

I have followed this message board from time to time and finally joined.

Many people ask me "how can you be black, and live in SC, and have gone to SCSU, and be a republican?"

my answer:

Because I believe in lower taxes, and I dont believe that in a capitalistic society, that bailouts are the answer. I dont believe that illegals should be given a path to citizenship when there is a proper process to become citizens already. I believe that the government should have as small a role in my daily life as possible.

I believe in the republican party, though I dont believe in some of its leaders. In my opinion, Rep. Wilson was wrong for WHEN he said what he said, but not WHAT he said, and I believe that Gov. Sanford should resign. I am not a George W. Bush fan. But they are just some of what the GOP is all about.

I know that among current SCSU students, and younger alumni, conservative values are common. Its just that in the party, especially the SCGOP, there has not ever really been a voice for them. We hope to be that voice.

Look forward to interesting discussion with you guys

Welcome to the board! It's good to have some younger people on here, what is your major in college?

Hello everyone,

SCState University Republicans are a group of conservative students and alumni of SC State University looking to provide a voice to a small but growing number of Republican african americans in South Carolina. We want SC State University to be the flagship for african american republicans in SC.

Many people ask me "how can you be black, and live in SC, and have gone to SCSU, and be a republican?"

my answer:

Because I believe in lower taxes, and I dont believe that in a capitalistic society, that bailouts are the answer. I dont believe that illegals should be given a path to citizenship when there is a proper process to become citizens already. I believe that the government should have as small a role in my daily life as possible.

I believe in the republican party, though I dont believe in some of its leaders. In my opinion, Rep. Wilson was wrong for WHEN he said what he said, but not WHAT he said, and I believe that Gov. Sanford should resign. I am not a George W. Bush fan. But they are just some of what the GOP is all about.

I know that among current SCSU students, and younger alumni, conservative values are common. Its just that in the party, especially the SCGOP, there has not ever really been a voice for them. We hope to be that voice.

A Republican in South Carolina? That's like finding a rare ant in an anthill.

Welcome nonetheless.

Welcome nonetheless.

Maybe he is a rare moderate South Carolina Republican. You know, one that does not yell liar and threaten to secede from the Union at every non-Fox speaking engagement they attend.

Hello everyone,

my answer:

Welcome nonetheless.

A black Republican anywhere? That's like finding a guy who thinks Rachel Madcow is attractive.

Hello everyone,

my answer:

Welcome aboard. I know a few black conservatives though I wouldnt call them republicans but along the lines of liberatrians. But its good to hear from a black republican.

I grew up in SC so I know that there are not many black anything other than democrat.

Hello everyone,

my answer:

Today's GOP doesn't believe in less government...a disproportionate number of blacks have way too much government in their lives every day...it's call PRISON...

The only thing Republicans want to shrink is education for the poor, programs that help people climb out of poverty and any oversight on corporate dominance in out lives...

Maybe when you grow up, get an education and have children you will have an epiphany...OR maybe you need to learn the hard way...

"The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."
President Abraham Lincoln

Welcome... always to a conservative... but I have a question, I recently was watching Huckabee on Fox News and heard a black woman making a point that it's time for blacks to stop calling themselves "African" Americans, because she pointed out that none of you were born in Africa, you were born in America. Doesn't that make you simply an American? Would you agree with that? It could be a topic for discussion in another thread. Gunny doesn't like us to debate in the intro threads.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back