Hello all

To the point...
Are you Liberal, normal or a neo-Con?

Conservative for the most part, sometimes I am flexible. Also courteous until prodded, only takes one poke!
To the point...

Conservative for the most part, sometimes I am flexible. Also courteous until prodded, only takes one poke!

Welcome to the bored!

upload_2019-12-8_20-8-31.png

Welcome, Shawnee! You are a funny guy. Liked your story about the Mob guy! We'll get a long fine.

Thanks Jackson. Yes he was legend up there. He did have to do a few "favors" for the mob occasionally. They could never prove anything but there were odd happenings such as "persons" wanted a restaurant burned down. So someone did, only the wrong one. So next night they went and did the right one! Not kidding. Got more stories, always got stories. :)
Oh, that is funny! Guess the mob has to give IQ tests for "mob workers."

:welcome: Neighbor... I can call you that cause I am from the Great State of Indiana... Back in the mid 90's thought I was going to have to take up residence in South Central KY. Parents were snowbirds on the gulf coast in Ms. Had taken kids down to see grandparents right before Christmas and for some crazy reason I decided to head to Nashville instead of Memphis... Spent the night just north of Nashville and it was raining and the farther North I got, well you know what happened it turned to ICE... Word on the CB was Ky. had great Snow and Ice removal equipment but the damn mule had died... :ack-1: I was familiar enough with the road to know about the hill just north of Elizabethtown... Road ( I-65 ) just kept getting worse and worse... Under other circumstances I would have probably kept right on trucking, but my wife had to have a Ford Aerostar Mini Van and it was like a cow on ice... We spent the night in Elizabethtown playing Nintendo and eating pizza... Life was good...

C-Ya round neighbor...

The hill on I-65? I live here. The hill is on US-31W near Muldraugh.

To the point...

To the point...

Welcome to the bored!

View attachment 293913

Thanks Hossfly.

Heard about the cat and dog on rounds and the dog sniffed everything? Cat says "why do you sniff everything" Dog says, "very important messages" Little while longer, more sniffing the cat says "well what does it say?" Dog says "it says HI!"

Welcome, Shawnee! You are a funny guy. Liked your story about the Mob guy! We'll get a long fine.

Thanks Jackson. Yes he was legend up there. He did have to do a few "favors" for the mob occasionally. They could never prove anything but there were odd happenings such as "persons" wanted a restaurant burned down. So someone did, only the wrong one. So next night they went and did the right one! Not kidding. Got more stories, always got stories. :)
Oh, that is funny! Guess the mob has to give IQ tests for "mob workers."

Well it was confusing, they were right next door to each other and these guys are always pretty high :)

:welcome: Neighbor... I can call you that cause I am from the Great State of Indiana... Back in the mid 90's thought I was going to have to take up residence in South Central KY. Parents were snowbirds on the gulf coast in Ms. Had taken kids down to see grandparents right before Christmas and for some crazy reason I decided to head to Nashville instead of Memphis... Spent the night just north of Nashville and it was raining and the farther North I got, well you know what happened it turned to ICE... Word on the CB was Ky. had great Snow and Ice removal equipment but the damn mule had died... :ack-1: I was familiar enough with the road to know about the hill just north of Elizabethtown... Road ( I-65 ) just kept getting worse and worse... Under other circumstances I would have probably kept right on trucking, but my wife had to have a Ford Aerostar Mini Van and it was like a cow on ice... We spent the night in Elizabethtown playing Nintendo and eating pizza... Life was good...

C-Ya round neighbor...

Not that far!

C-Ya round neighbor...

Not that far!

Are you familiar with the Joe Prather Highway? It eliminates having to travel the hill and allows a way around Fort Knox.

C-Ya round neighbor...

Admiral Rockwell Tory thanks for your input regarding my Ky. adventure that more than likely was 25 years ago, but my recollection is about the hill on I-65 North of Elizabethtown and how I wanted to avoid it like the plague with Ice on the road... Being in a Aerostar Mini Van with a 12 and 13 year old brother and sister and their mother being from Hawaii and gets cold a 70 degrees, this hill was not a battle I wanted to fight at that time... Ice is not a friend of a mini van...
I am sure this hill is you speak of is on US-31W is atrocious, just not part of my story...

I knew the hill was on the down slope going North and when you are going down hill its difficult to slow down and stop if needed on Ice... For those of you who take the time to view the video, Happy Trails...

Climbing the Big Hill on I-65 North of Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Forum List

Back