helll fucking yes - cap and tax destroyed!

I hope it's dead, but don't count on it:

John Fund: The Obama-Pelosi Lame Duck Strategy - WSJ.com

JULY 9, 2010
The Obama-Pelosi Lame Duck Strategy
Union 'card-check,' cap and trade, and so much more.
By JOHN FUND

Mike Allen of Politico.com reports one reason President Obama failed to mention climate change legislation during his recent, Oval Office speech on the Gulf oil spill was that he wants to pass a modest energy bill this summer, then add carbon taxes or regulations in a conference committee with the House, most likely during a lame-duck session. The result would be a climate bill vastly more ambitious, and costly for American consumers and taxpayers, than moderate "Blue Dogs" in the House would support on the campaign trail. "We have a lot of wiggle room in conference," a House Democratic aide told the trade publication Environment & Energy Daily last month.

Many Democrats insist there will be no dramatic lame-duck agenda. But a few months ago they also insisted the extraordinary maneuvers used to pass health care wouldn't be used. Desperate times may be seen as calling for desperate measures, and this November the election results may well make Democrats desperate.

if they are going back to it, they dont have much time.

First the small, then wait for after elections. I worry that Obama doesn't seem to give a rat's a** about November. I think the Democrats worry too.

Dont get so happy s0ns...........

This is a political ploy...........I still think the non-k00ks of America are going to get fcukked in the two hole................

This asshole Obama is going to get the EPA to do the dirty work and our electric bills will be doubled after all. The EPA is set to facilitate the carbon tax thing to address "pollution levels".

Watch..........its gonna happen and these crack head k00ks get to fcukk us all.

Senate Democrats abandon comprehensive energy bill

Senate Democrats abandon comprehensive energy bill - Yahoo! News

way to go :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wonder if they can smell november yet

That news combined with the possibility enough Dems may be supporting extending the Bush tax cuts, has the dow +200 today. Yup, enough of them do smell November.

I've only heard of a handful of Democrats talk about not letting the Bush Tax cuts Expire. Where are you hearing their might be enough to actually extend them?

Neil Cavuto's show earlier today. He thinks a trend has emerged of enough Dems beginning to flee, NOT extending the tax cuts, in order to help the economy , one, and, two, save their asses in the upcoming mid-terms.

Destroyed? I'm a bit skeptical. They will likely come back in November when the Elections are over and pass it anyway.

Dont get so happy s0ns...........

This is a political ploy...........I still think the non-k00ks of America are going to get fcukked in the two hole................

This asshole Obama is going to get the EPA to do the dirty work and our electric bills will be doubled after all. The EPA is set to facilitate the carbon tax thing to address "pollution levels".

Watch..........its gonna happen and these crack head k00ks get to fcukk us all.

Your right. The EPA could pass this on their own. Then we will all be screwed.

Kidd is also right. Politics pure and simple. The Clowns in DC totally ignored the wishs of the American people and passed that bs HC bill.

Wonder how many more would lose their seats in Nov and 2012 if they passed a tax hike on all Americans??

I hope it's dead, but don't count on it:

John Fund: The Obama-Pelosi Lame Duck Strategy - WSJ.com

JULY 9, 2010
The Obama-Pelosi Lame Duck Strategy
Union 'card-check,' cap and trade, and so much more.
By JOHN FUND

Mike Allen of Politico.com reports one reason President Obama failed to mention climate change legislation during his recent, Oval Office speech on the Gulf oil spill was that he wants to pass a modest energy bill this summer, then add carbon taxes or regulations in a conference committee with the House, most likely during a lame-duck session. The result would be a climate bill vastly more ambitious, and costly for American consumers and taxpayers, than moderate "Blue Dogs" in the House would support on the campaign trail. "We have a lot of wiggle room in conference," a House Democratic aide told the trade publication Environment & Energy Daily last month.

Many Democrats insist there will be no dramatic lame-duck agenda. But a few months ago they also insisted the extraordinary maneuvers used to pass health care wouldn't be used. Desperate times may be seen as calling for desperate measures, and this November the election results may well make Democrats desperate.
stupid legislation necromancy

they're going to try a quarterback sneak, that's for sure.

Why wouldn't they try to pass cap and trade Democrats know they are done why not try and pass every agenda they are pushing? There will never be another chance like this.

If republicans win back the senate, or even come close, in November, the Senate will not pass a single bloody thing. The Republicans will be in high dungeon as the "Democrats are attempting to thwart the will of the American people." I can just hear it now. The will filibuster everything and with righteous indignation.

they're going to try a quarterback sneak, that's for sure.

Why wouldn't they try to pass cap and trade Democrats know they are done why not try and pass every agenda they are pushing? There will never be another chance like this.

If republicans win back the senate, or even come close, in November, the Senate will not pass a single bloody thing. The Republicans will be in high dungeon as the "Democrats are attempting to thwart the will of the American people." I can just hear it now. The will filibuster everything and with righteous indignation.

There are 4 months until the mid-term election why wouldn't the democrats pass cap and trade. It has already passed the house.

There are 4 months until the mid-term election why wouldn't the democrats pass cap and trade. It has already passed the house.

If they could do that, they would. As the article states, they don't have the votes. They need at least one Republican and every Democrat to vote for cloture. Right now, they have no Republicans and probably not all the Democrats. (Although they are keeping that quiet).

They do not have the votes. They don't even have all the Democrats on board with it. But they will still blame the Republicans. And I'm OK with that, I have big shoulders.

If they could do that, they would. As the article states, they don't have the votes. They need at least one Republican and every Democrat to vote for cloture. Right now, they have no Republicans and probably not all the Democrats. (Although they are keeping that quiet).

I will be more surprised if it isn't passed then I will be if it is passsed. Don't forget about all those deals that were made to get the heatlhcare law passed.

They do not have the votes. They don't even have all the Democrats on board with it. But they will still blame the Republicans. And I'm OK with that, I have big shoulders.

Let's not forget what the democrats did to get the healthcare bill passed into law.

I will be more surprised if it isn't passed then I will be if it is passsed. Don't forget about all those deals that were made to get the heatlhcare law passed.

Everything is tenuous until November, but they are out in August and they won't want to be in DC much in October (gotta campaign some time). So, delay, delay, delay is the order of the day.

Everything is tenuous until November, but they are out in August and they won't want to be in DC much in October (gotta campaign some time). So, delay, delay, delay is the order of the day.

Let's hope so, but don't be to surprised to find it being signed by obama the day before the mid term election.

New Topics

Forum List

Back