HELL YES! Time For Israel To Rebel Against The Settlers

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
so the settlers want to stand in the way of peace and israel's secure future eh? they are threatening to use violence and insurrection against the Israeli government? looks we got us an Israeli civil war, and I hope to God the Israeli government kicks ass without a single thought to "settler rights". kick these bastards off their stolen land, plop em in a ghetto and let them earn their right to be successful israeli citizens.

its time for civil war in israel. we know who the right side is, we know who the wrong side is. rarely is the answer of who to root for so clear; the israeli government and its people stand for peace, justice and a better future for both israelis and palestinians. the settlers stand for hatred, injustice and insecurity for years for israel. time to kick settler ass israel!

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/492908.html

Israel is waiting for a Lincoln

By Amir Oren

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's plan to pull the Israel Defense Forces and the Jewish settlements out of the Gaza Strip is, fundamentally, only a prelude to the inevitable: Due to various considerations, both internal and external, Sharon has decided to do, now, without an agreement, what has been incumbent on all the governments of Israel to do - and what former prime minister Ehud Barak proposed at Camp David - in the end, when there is an agreement.

The opposition that Sharon's proposal has stirred up is threatening Israel with a civil war. This too is just a prelude to the inevitable: In the Middle East, both among the Israelis and among the Palestinians, anyone who wants peace must prepare for a civil war. This, as Sharon said in a different context, will be the most justified of all Israel's wars. It is not a Charles de Gaulle for whom Israel is waiting, but rather for an Abraham Lincoln, a leader who will know how to make it clear that the subject of the controversy is not some strip of land or other, but rather the authority to decide.

There can only be one such authority: the government, which is subordinate to the Knesset that is elected by the votes of the citizens - and all of these are subordinate to the law, of which the Supreme Court is the arbiter. Not rabbis, not heads of political parties, not cult Messiahs; there is no partial or shared authority, there are not two commanders for one soldier. A state that is not separate from religion, and that does not excise religion from the army, is a two-headed monster.

"Civil war" is not the only definition that is applicable to a crisis situation of the sort into which Israel is tumbling, when a fanatical minority threatens to act violently to thwart the legal intentions of the majority. It is also correct to speak of revolution - an uprising against the tyranny of the ruler, and in Israel it is the Jewish settlers in the territories who rule.

Many countries have had to go through revolutions in order to embark on a new path. The American Revolution was a war of liberation from British rule, but 85 years later the Americans also had a Civil War when President Lincoln preferred a clash until the issue was decided over submission to the dictates of the enslaving South. The Russian Revolution, the French Revolution, the Chinese Revolution and even the Cuban and Iranian Revolutions - all toppled an old, corrupt regime and changed their countries.

The time has come for the Israeli Revolution. The Jewish settlers in the territories are struggling to maintain that old order that took firm root in the days of Yigal Allon and Moshe Dayan, Shimon Peres and Yisrael Galili, and which flourished under the auspices of Ariel Sharon in the days of Menachem Begin's government. This order determines that the territories take priority over Israel and that the Jewish settlers are above everything else. The settlers' collaborators since the Yom Kippur War have been the heads of the Israel Defense Forces - chiefs of staff, GOCs, division commanders - who have always helped exacerbate the problems that afterward they found hard to solve.

Officers who have served in the West Bank still remember, from the beginning of the previous decade, a new and naive brigadier general, a new division commander, rushing into the arms of the Jewish settlers and falling in love with them as though they were none other than a new incarnation of the kibbutzniks who made the desert bloom, pioneers in the movement from the city to the countryside. His name: Moshe (Bogey) Ya'alon, who is now the chief of staff. He and his colleagues, the military sovereigns in the territories, did little there to enforce the law on Israelis. They, no less than the politicians, created the golem that has risen up against them.

The silence of the IDF in face of the inequality, in its policy regarding conscription of the ultra-Orthodox as opposed to the secular and in its fawning on the rabbis is now taking its revenge on the army. Typical of this is the way Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz disgraced himself in that discussion of operations and incursions, maps and communications procedures and flanking maneuvers from the right and the left with Rabbi Ovadia Yosef. Going to the leader of Shas constituted recognition of his status, no matter what rabbinical ruling he hands down, and whoever hoped that he would say yes is not entitled to complain about the validity of his no.

The struggle over Sharon's plan is far more fateful than the political future of the man who proposed it and who has stained it with his moral flaws which, were it not for the attorney general, would have put him in the dock in court. The battle is for the control of the country. The war has been postponed until now because of the settlers' deterrent advantage, but now the crucial phase is near. If the Jewish settlers in the territories win the civil war, if they crush the revolution, the Israelis will become their abased slaves, their mercenaries in a never-ending war.

NATO AIR said:
so the settlers want to stand in the way of peace and israel's secure future eh? they are threatening to use violence and insurrection against the Israeli government? looks we got us an Israeli civil war, and I hope to God the Israeli government kicks ass without a single thought to "settler rights". kick these bastards off their stolen land, plop em in a ghetto and let them earn their right to be successful israeli citizens.

its time for civil war in israel. we know who the right side is, we know who the wrong side is. rarely is the answer of who to root for so clear; the israeli government and its people stand for peace, justice and a better future for both israelis and palestinians. the settlers stand for hatred, injustice and insecurity for years for israel. time to kick settler ass israel!

There are no settlers in Israel. There are suburbanites that occupy their own land, purchased with their own money and have built modern cities on their own property.

They stand in the way of the final attack against the modern democracy called Israel. Their presence prevents the suicidal maniac Arabs from pushing the Jewish people into the Mediterranian Sea.

But that is your ultimate unsaid wish isn't it?

ajwps said:
There are no settlers in Israel. There are suburbanites that occupy their own land, purchased with their own money and have built modern cities on their own property.

But that is your ultimate unsaid wish isn't it?

a statement that ignorant of reality is not even worth a real response. go back to the crack pipe you've been smoking on.

NATO AIR said:
a statement that ignorant of reality is not even worth a real response. go back to the crack pipe you've been smoking on.

Okay Mustafa Nato. Your failure to respond to reality illuminates your own microencelopathy.

I can prescribe a little KCL for your intravenous use if you would like to see the truth.

Nato do you have any Idea when this might happen? I would root for Israel on this one, I'm tired of seeing Israeli schools, buses, and coffe shops being blown up day after day. I'm only curious why they've tolerated this long.

NATO AIR said:

Uh oh - here we go again. Watch out or next he'll be accusing you of having a fetish for feces. I think that and "microencelopathy" are the only two really obscure invectives he knows. AJ thinks that by using little known insults that he can engage in childish name calling and still look intelligent. He is wrong.

wolvie20m said:
Nato do you have any Idea when this might happen? I would root for Israel on this one, I'm tired of seeing Israeli schools, buses, and coffe shops being blown up day after day. I'm only curious why they've tolerated this long.

The settlements to which NATO refers have been built illegally on land stolen from the Palestinians. The Israeli government has been trying for some time to convince the illegal squatters to vacate the premises. So far, no luck.

A concept that seems to escape AJ is that in order for the Jews to live in peace with their neighbors, a two-way effort to solve the differences between Israel and the Palestinians needs to be undertaken. It is not only the Palestinians who are wrong, the Jews have also been guilty of abuses.

In my opinion, AJ is Hitler in reverse. He would cheerfully impose a "final solution" on the muslim arab "unter menschen" in the middle east.

Merlin1047 said:
The settlements to which NATO refers have been built illegally on land stolen from the Palestinians. The Israeli government has been trying for some time to convince the illegal squatters to vacate the premises. So far, no luck.

A concept that seems to escape AJ is that in order for the Jews to live in peace with their neighbors, a two-way effort to solve the differences between Israel and the Palestinians needs to be undertaken. It is not only the Palestinians who are wrong, the Jews have also been guilty of abuses.

In my opinion, AJ is Hitler in reverse. He would cheefully impose a "final solution" on the muslim arabs in the middle east.

I agree also with you it's not just the muslim's but, they are provoking the Jews to attack with force by the terrorism they promote. I don't see the Israelites randomly bombing muslim hang out spots. If this was in America and some group was demandin their own state of independence right in the middle of D.C. and going about it by bombing our shops and cafe's. What would we do? Just for a point of view.

Merlin1047 said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wolvie20m said:
I agree also with you it's not just the muslim's but, they are provoking the Jews to attack with force by the terrorism they promote. I don't see the Israelites randomly bombing muslim hang out spots. If this was in America and some group was demandin their own state of independence right in the middle of D.C. and going about it by bombing our shops and cafe's. What would we do? Just for a point of view.

Wolvie, the mess in the middle east is mind-boggling. You're right about the Jews being provoked. Jews in Israel are being murdered nearly every day by muslim suicide idiots. You can't blame the Israelis for retaliating. But somehow the cycle needs to break. Vacating illegally occupied land might be seen as an indicator that the Israelis are not totally intransigent. Perhaps with Arafat dead someone with some sense and a little less hatred might step in on the Palestinian side. Personally, I'm not optimistic.

Well hope is hope, but sadly the truth is far from peace. So stay optimistic but I doub the Israelis are going to be much more patient.

the worst part about these settlers is not only that they tend to be the most extremist and the least interested in peace of all israelis, is that the majority are also orthadox jews. these folks refuse to serve in the israeli defense forces. yet they demand that the rest of israel supply young, fresh bodies to defend their illegal settlement they intentionally built in the middle of a prosperous palestinian neighborhood.

they told the government of israel to kiss their ass, they ain't moving. i hope beyond hope the government of israel boots their ass out of their settlements.

Merlin1047 said:
Wolvie, the mess in the middle east is mind-boggling. You're right about the Jews being provoked. Jews in Israel are being murdered nearly every day by muslim suicide idiots. You can't blame the Israelis for retaliating. But somehow the cycle needs to break. Vacating illegally occupied land might be seen as an indicator that the Israelis are not totally intransigent. Perhaps with Arafat dead someone with some sense and a little less hatred might step in on the Palestinian side. Personally, I'm not optimistic.

You know it's mind boggling why they continue to kill each other. It's like there the children in the back seat who just won't stop hitting each other, and the US and British are like the parents. We keep yelling at them to stop they do for awhile. When you think about it, it's simple really. The Israelites need to give the Palestine’s more trust, and intern they have to earn it. Simply the killing on both sides needs to stop, but like children they won't go for the obvious solution. I also don't think the death of Arfat is going to help, it's more likely to worsen the situation within the Arab community.

Merlin1047 said:
Uh oh - here we go again. Watch out or next he'll be accusing you of having a fetish for feces. I think that and "microencelopathy" are the only two really obscure invectives he knows. AJ thinks that by using little known insults that he can engage in childish name calling and still look intelligent. He is wrong.

You are right. There are many more invectives of which you appear to be able to acertain.

After evaluating your posts, it becomes evident that you display evidence of being a true hermaphrodite. A little of this and a little of that.

NATO AIR said:
the worst part about these settlers is not only that they tend to be the most extremist and the least interested in peace of all israelis, is that the majority are also orthadox jews. these folks refuse to serve in the israeli defense forces. yet they demand that the rest of israel supply young, fresh bodies to defend their illegal settlement they intentionally built in the middle of a prosperous palestinian neighborhood.

they told the government of israel to kiss their ass, they ain't moving. i hope beyond hope the government of israel boots their ass out of their settlements.

Mustafa Air, you seem to know very little about these Israeli suburbanites.

The people of Gush Katif and all the other Israel suburbs send their own young men and women to fight the enemies of America. There are a few orthodox sects in Israel proper that feel that their duty is to study the word of G-d and have an exemption from becoming soldiers.

You may be surprised to find out that there is no man or group of nations that will ever move entire surburbs out of their homes.

It seems that UN Cofee Anan has now found that the Jewish suburbanites have converted to Islam in mass and therefore it becomes anti-humanitarian to move them out of their rightful homes in Israel.

Only Jews can be transported from their homes against their will but the illegal muslims living in Jerusalem and Israel proper cannot be transferred.

Seems fair to me.

wolvie20m said:
You know it's mind boggling why they continue to kill each other. It's like there the children in the back seat who just won't stop hitting each other, and the US and British are like the parents. We keep yelling at them to stop they do for awhile. When you think about it, it's simple really. The Israelites need to give the Palestine’s more trust, and intern they have to earn it. Simply the killing on both sides needs to stop, but like children they won't go for the obvious solution. I also don't think the death of Arfat is going to help, it's more likely to worsen the situation within the Arab community.

Yes the Israelites have to give the Arabs more TRUST. The Arabs deserve a little trust don't you?

The killing on both sides will stop once the Arabs have killed all the Jews for that is what their Qur'an bible tells them so. Or until the Arabs in Israel are moved to their own homeland in Mosambique.

If a minority group of Chinese living in the US were to start blowing themselves up and killing thousands of dinning New Yorkers or people in Los Angeles, how long do you thing President Bush would wait to send in the National Guard and wipe them out?

Merlin1047 said:
The settlements to which NATO refers have been built illegally on land stolen from the Palestinians.

Can you prove this statement? Any evidence that there were Palestinians beside the Jewish people or that the Arabs ever had a sovereign country in Israel?

We're waiting.

ajwps said:
You are right. There are many more invectives of which you appear to be able to acertain.

After evaluating your posts, it becomes evident that you display evidence of being a true hermaphrodite. A little of this and a little of that.

Damn, AJ. You're such a predictable little twerp that winding you up is just no fun anymore.

It's waaaaay too easy.

And to answer the foregoing, I don't have to do any research to "prove" my point. The fact that the Israeli government admits that the land in question is illegally occupied by their own people is proof enough for anyone but the handful of brain-dead radicals like you.

Merlin1047 said:
Damn, AJ. You're such a predictable little twerp that winding you up is just no fun anymore.

It's waaaaay too easy.

And to answer the foregoing, I don't have to do any research to "prove" my point. The fact that the Israeli government admits that the land in question is illegally occupied by their own people is proof enough for anyone but the handful of brain-dead radicals like you.

So the fact that some of the radical leftist Israeli government politicos admits that the world is flat or that the moon is made of green cheese seems to be proof enough for you and your ilk.

If being a radical is desiring to have his fellow Jewish people survive in their own land, then I gladly proclaim anything you wish to call me.

You and your research is like a sewer, the same things you put into one end comes out the other side. Exactly the same thing your brain and that sewer have in common.

Forum List

Back