Hell yeah i am better off today.

Consumer confidence is down. New housing starts are down. Our competitiveness as a nation has dropped.

It isn't what few people that claim to be doing better under obama that will made the decision as to his continuing to hold office, it's the many who are doing much worse.

I'm really happy for the Obama supporters testimonials. I'm certain both Obama and the DNC wish you were 'average', alas you're not. The average family income is down over $4k. The average family's home is worth less than 65% of what it was when he took office. The average family has one or more 20 year old still living at home. Good news is those 20+ year olds are now referred to as children and insurable on mom or pop's insurance, if they are lucky enough to have their jobs.

Four years ago this month I had no job, I was suffering from post partem depression and I put my car in porch. I am sorry that I now have a job and health insurance.
And Obama might be partly to blame, but failed policies for 20 years are the reason the middle class is failing. Both parties are to blame for that.

the american people are to be blamed, start taking responsiblity.

In a way I agree with you. Right now we have job openings at my work and it has been hard feeling them. My job isn't glamorous but it pays the bills.
Some are willing to work a few jobs to get by, some are okay with sitting on unemployment waiting for the same type of job they had before. People need to wake up and realize those jobs are gone.

HELL YEAH I AM BETTER OFF TODAY.
BUT ask me again in four years.
I am a senior citizen and I got COLA this year, fell into the Donut Hole and saved hundreds of dollars in prescriptions. All my children are working. Even my Downs Syndrome grand-daughter who has two jobs and one is her business. My daughter now have three jobs and I am spending less of my money helping them and saving a little. And my daughter still have her home.
Hell yeah, I am better off today. And the country as a whole is better off even at 8.3% unemployment and continuing job creations and not in the depression we were headed toward four years ago.
BUT ask me again in four years when because of Obama’s one man immigration policy we are inundated with 20 million more low skilled low wage earners Illegal Aliens that cannot be ask for their immigration papers and cannot be deported that Obama is asking us, the tax payers to educate. I think I may have a different answer.

PS.
Castro, someone has to mop the floors. So don’t put down and belittle those unskilled workers that clean up our mess. Isn’t that what 20 million Latinos, your brothers and sisters are doing?

More people are on food stamps guess you think that's a good thing. How much did they raise your amount?

see bud this is where you are not seeing hte libs for what they are, and i dont mean to demean you, but let me educate you.

For libs to understand if something is good or bad, it has to be about them. is she better off, yes she is better off, does she see her brothers and sisters better off, who cares its about here, her life is limited to what she sees and does, not the country as a whole. they dont care about others, just what they see in themselves, not what its about.

I see nothing demeaning in your post. I see it that way also that's why I must point out that even though thing are good for them Americans are havinbg to go to the government for help which is bad for America in general.

I am a senior citizen and I got COLA this year, fell into the Donut Hole and saved hundreds of dollars in prescriptions. All my children are working. Even my Downs Syndrome grand-daughter who has two jobs and one is her business. My daughter now have three jobs and I am spending less of my money helping them and saving a little. And my daughter still have her home.
Hell yeah, I am better off today. And the country as a whole is better off even at 8.3% unemployment and continuing job creations and not in the depression we were headed toward four years ago.
BUT ask me again in four years when because of Obama’s one man immigration policy we are inundated with 20 million more low skilled low wage earners Illegal Aliens that cannot be ask for their immigration papers and cannot be deported that Obama is asking us, the tax payers to educate. I think I may have a different answer.

PS.
Castro, someone has to mop the floors. So don’t put down and belittle those unskilled workers that clean up our mess. Isn’t that what 20 million Latinos, your brothers and sisters are doing?

I'm better off too. Much better.

I don't think that many remember the incredible uncertainty that took place in October 2008 when Bush was bailing out Wall Street.

The worst days for the Dow are as follows:
dow-plummets-graphicjpg-1f29cd5603eed3ca.jpg
A great many of the worst days happened in Bush's thankfully waning days. Say what you want about the DJIA but it's one of the bellweather signs of confidence--often times misplaced confidence in my view.

Why would we want to go back to the polices that caused the mess in the first place?

Bush bailed them out? I think Congress had to vote and the Democratically held Congress vote overwhelmingly to approve the bailout.

Bush pushed for it and signed it. ;)

PS.

My...My....My.....arent you the selfish one!

I wonder how those 1 in 7 on food stamps feel about your situation.

Selfish hypocrite!

My brother who owns a construction company four years ago had only about three houses going after the bubble burst. He had been used to 20+ going at once, now he is back up to about 15 going right now.
He is still having to sit on some properties he bought as an investment, but they are making him money so it still works for him.
The company I work for is planning on adding on to the memory care unit because we are always full, with many on the waiting list. Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

"Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

He PROMISED FIRST, then we expected.

Talk about lame arguments and excuses.

He (Obama) is a fuking politician. And you beleived him. Why? Maiking promises is what politicians do to get elected. You listened to Mitt and his promised 12 million jobs. You believe MItt? Not me. No one but you and a few others it seems expected him (Obama) to fulfill them promises. Again why?

How long you been around following politics?

PS.

So you think it's GOOD that your Downs Syndrome granddaughter has to have 2 jobs to make ends meet....and that you daughter has to have 3 jobs to survive??? I think you're really confused there Lady. I think it's pretty bad when anyone has to have more than one job because they can't make enough to live on! That's pathetic!

My brother who owns a construction company four years ago had only about three houses going after the bubble burst. He had been used to 20+ going at once, now he is back up to about 15 going right now.
He is still having to sit on some properties he bought as an investment, but they are making him money so it still works for him.
The company I work for is planning on adding on to the memory care unit because we are always full, with many on the waiting list. Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

"Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

He (Obama) is a fuking politician. And you beleived him. Why? Maiking promises is what politicians do to get elected. You listened to Mitt and his promised 12 million jobs. You believe MItt? Not me. No one but you and a few others it seems expected him (Obama) to fulfill them promises. Again why?

WTF? Might as well ask why did people vote for him.

Hell yes I'm worse off. Became unemployed in April, might lose our home and cars.

Since April and you are not working? And you are looking to the hated guvmit to do what........?

You must not be one of those boot strap repthugs I hear so much about in here. You know the ones that will do any job, dig any ditch, mop any floor and do it all for minumum wage before they would look for help from the hated guvmint.

You don't have a job, you don't want one is the way I see it. There is work out there.

You gettin UE insurance I bet. Probably qualify for the hated food stamps to. Get them and you will be talked about like a dog by the likes of bribartwhatever. Don't do the food stamps. Be sneeky and hit the food banks.

I don't want anything from the guvmit, it is none of there business.

I don't get UE insurance because I was a part owner in a business, and even though I was obligated to pay into it, I don't get it. I won't go get food stamps, not my style. I don't even know where a food bank is.

Thanks for you empty opinion and worthless rant, you got to love the tolerant liberals that like to kick you when you are down.

The way I see it, you are an idiot that has learned to be a burden to society.

I will have work shortly because I will make it happen.

Last edited:
Four years ago this month I had no job, I was suffering from post partem depression and I put my car in porch. I am sorry that I now have a job and health insurance.
And Obama might be partly to blame, but failed policies for 20 years are the reason the middle class is failing. Both parties are to blame for that.

In a way I agree with you. Right now we have job openings at my work and it has been hard feeling them. My job isn't glamorous but it pays the bills.
Some are willing to work a few jobs to get by, some are okay with sitting on unemployment waiting for the same type of job they had before. People need to wake up and realize those jobs are gone.

yes i agree with you. but if the people want changes, they have to do it, and im not saying with our two parties, if need people both them out keep them out, start businesses, educate ourselves, learn from ourselves. we can do so much and choose not to. but it is on us. either suck it up and swim or die and let someone else move up.

What people do not understand is that the president can't create jobs unless they are government positions. They can create policies which take less tax etc to give people more investment capital to create a flux in money to the individual that will be used to start businesses invest in businesses and spend money buying goods and services which grow the economy.

PS.

Tell these people how much better it is for you...

The Hope And The Change - Official Movie Trailer - YouTube

Last edited:

he was a man with no record of governing; no execultive experience; no experience in economics whatsoever.

Therefore, people voted for him based on his promises.

Not rocket science.

PS.

I'm better off too. Much better.

I don't think that many remember the incredible uncertainty that took place in October 2008 when Bush was bailing out Wall Street.

The worst days for the Dow are as follows:
dow-plummets-graphicjpg-1f29cd5603eed3ca.jpg
A great many of the worst days happened in Bush's thankfully waning days. Say what you want about the DJIA but it's one of the bellweather signs of confidence--often times misplaced confidence in my view.

Why would we want to go back to the polices that caused the mess in the first place?

Bush bailed them out? I think Congress had to vote and the Democratically held Congress vote overwhelmingly to approve the bailout.

Oh so Obama isn't responsible for the debt...Congress is. You really wanna go there?

PS.

My...My....My.....arent you the selfish one!

I wonder how those 1 in 7 on food stamps feel about your situation.

Selfish hypocrite!

Yep. Isn't she a winner??

If I remember right she's got a daughter running some legal scam with tax dollar grants. Her daughter makes 40 thousand a year with those taxpayer grants. I'm sure they are all doing well on our tax dollar.

Of course its great until you run out of other peoples money.

The price of HC, food, fuel and everything has gone up. I can't see how anyone is doing better than they were 4 years ago.

PS.

So you think it's GOOD that your Downs Syndrome granddaughter has to have 2 jobs to make ends meet....and that you daughter has to have 3 jobs to survive??? I think you're really confused there Lady. I think it's pretty bad when anyone has to have more than one job because they can't make enough to live on! That's pathetic!

I do admire the work ethic, as I do my own. I'm drawing salaries on 3 employers, as I've done for over 2.5 years, since being rif'd from parochial school due to merger. 2 are substitute positions, 1 is retailer. I'm lucky compared to other subs I know. The retailer caters to my school hours, during breaks gives me full time. Same with summer. All told, I'm making about $18k per year. I work between 35-45 hours during the school year, 40 in summers. No insurance-I could get it from retailer, but can't afford it. Got to pay for utilities and food, gas, and insurance.

He didn't promise to be a miracle worker, and he even stated it would take awhile. Of course you are to partisan to admit that.

"Of course you are to partisan to admit that."

That's rich coming from you.

PS.

I do admire the work ethic, as I do my own. I'm drawing salaries on 3 employers, as I've done for over 2.5 years, since being rif'd from parochial school due to merger. 2 are substitute positions, 1 is retailer. I'm lucky compared to other subs I know. The retailer caters to my school hours, during breaks gives me full time. Same with summer. All told, I'm making about $18k per year. I work between 35-45 hours during the school year, 40 in summers. No insurance-I could get it from retailer, but can't afford it. Got to pay for utilities and food, gas, and insurance.

its tough to read these stories because i feel for my brothers and sisters out there, and while im able to not live the life i envisioned, i know others have it worse. these are the stories we should be hearing about and these are the stories to push us to make things better. we cant strive for average, lets make it better.

The one that needs to be asked is the working class are you better off now than you were 4 years ago.
I am positive the answer will be hell no.

Are they hard to fill because people aren't qualified or are they hard to fill because no one wants them. There is a difference.

There are jobs here in NJ in Respiratory Therapy but not eveyone has the credentials or the ability to take 2 years to get them.

Forum List

Back