Hell yeah i am better off today.

HELL YEAH I AM BETTER OFF TODAY.
BUT ask me again in four years.
I am a senior citizen and I got COLA this year, fell into the Donut Hole and saved hundreds of dollars in prescriptions. All my children are working. Even my Downs Syndrome grand-daughter who has two jobs and one is her business. My daughter now have three jobs and I am spending less of my money helping them and saving a little. And my daughter still have her home.
Hell yeah, I am better off today. And the country as a whole is better off even at 8.3% unemployment and continuing job creations and not in the depression we were headed toward four years ago.
BUT ask me again in four years when because of Obama’s one man immigration policy we are inundated with 20 million more low skilled low wage earners Illegal Aliens that cannot be ask for their immigration papers and cannot be deported that Obama is asking us, the tax payers to educate. I think I may have a different answer.

PS.
Castro, someone has to mop the floors. So don’t put down and belittle those unskilled workers that clean up our mess. Isn’t that what 20 million Latinos, your brothers and sisters are doing?

More people are on food stamps guess you think that's a good thing. How much did they raise your amount?

Stimulus saved and created jobs, 4 millon jobs created got over 4 million off food stamps also. That pig will never fly.

CNN Fact Check: About those 4.5 million jobs … – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

...The facts:

The number Castro cites is an accurate description of the growth of private-sector jobs since January 2010, when the long, steep slide in employment finally hit bottom. But while a total of 4.5 million jobs sounds great, it's not the whole picture.

While that is indeed a gain of 4.5 million, it's only a net gain of 300,000 over the course of the Obama administration to date. The private jobs figure stood at 111 million in January 2009, the month Obama took office....

Stimulus saved and created jobs, 4 millon jobs created got over 4 million off food stamps also. That pig will never fly.

If that were true food stamp usage would not be on the rise. The numbers would have either stayed at one level or dropped by now.

Your "logic" is nonexistent. There were far more jobs lost under bush than have been created since Obama took office.

Why don't you ask the pubs/pots why they refuse to vote for a jobs bill so people could get off food stamps?

The irony of this post is thick, logic flees from you and you claim someone who does use it with common sense has none. The title of the thread is hell yeah I am better off today. Thinking logically with so many Americans on food stamps things are not better unless you are one of those who is getting food stamps. Your just a partisan hack and it's not shocking that you or the OP would say you were better off today. Now when obama loses logic will dictate you will proclaim you're worse off. Hows that for truth logic and common sense?

The jobs created were largely low skilled or unskilled. The UE rate was kept the same, by shifting people from unemployment to disability. Those who had a good job, now have two part time jobs or maybe even three.

The reason why we aren't heading into a depression is because we are in a depression. obama either doesn't see the way out, or sees the wrong way out. If he is reelected he promises to spend more money on green investments that have already failed. Money we don't have. He's going to borrow it. Even IF, by some stretch, that there will come a time in the future when we will have all obama's green industries, we cannot afford it now. We don't have the technology. obama is demanding the technology to make him happy. We can't afford to develop the technology. We are like a drowning man who gets, instead of a life preserver, a question about what kind of yacht he'd like to build.

If that were true food stamp usage would not be on the rise. The numbers would have either stayed at one level or dropped by now.

Your "logic" is nonexistent. There were far more jobs lost under bush than have been created since Obama took office.

Why don't you ask the pubs/pots why they refuse to vote for a jobs bill so people could get off food stamps?

Obama’s Economic Sleight of Hand

FactCheck.org : Obama’s Economic Sleight of Hand

"And looking at total jobs — the broader and more customary measure — Bush’s post-slump job creation record was significantly better than Obama’s."

"But then he uses an economic sleight of hand when he compares his best 27-month period with the first seven years of President Bush, ignoring the fact that Bush inherited an economy on the brink of a recession.".

"Aside from the Census spike, Obama’s best month was January of this year, with a 275,000 job gain. That didn’t equal Bush’s best month, and it’s been downhill since then."

"The estimated cost of Obama’s major regulations also far outweighed the cost of major regulations approved by Bush, $18.8 billion to $4.3 billion."

Read the rest for yourselves...

Welfare Granny....

I am a senior citizen and I got COLA this year, fell into the Donut Hole and saved hundreds of dollars in prescriptions. All my children are working. Even my Downs Syndrome grand-daughter who has two jobs and one is her business. My daughter now have three jobs and I am spending less of my money helping them and saving a little. And my daughter still have her home.
Hell yeah, I am better off today. And the country as a whole is better off even at 8.3% unemployment and continuing job creations and not in the depression we were headed toward four years ago.
BUT ask me again in four years when because of Obama’s one man immigration policy we are inundated with 20 million more low skilled low wage earners Illegal Aliens that cannot be ask for their immigration papers and cannot be deported that Obama is asking us, the tax payers to educate. I think I may have a different answer.

PS.
Castro, someone has to mop the floors. So don’t put down and belittle those unskilled workers that clean up our mess. Isn’t that what 20 million Latinos, your brothers and sisters are doing?

Four years ago I had a little business. I closed that obama's second year when I saw what his policies were going to do. So no I'm not better off. I'm worse off than I was six months ago. Six months ago my doctor was still in practice and I wasn't expected to go to a medical appointment after having made my own diagnosis and come up with a prescription.

My daughter in law's company closed the same time, for the same reasons. We wouldn't survive obama's economy and end up owing more in taxes than the business could make.

I'm really happy for the Obama supporters testimonials. I'm certain both Obama and the DNC wish you were 'average', alas you're not. The average family income is down over $4k. The average family's home is worth less than 65% of what it was when he took office. The average family has one or more 20 year old still living at home. Good news is those 20+ year olds are now referred to as children and insurable on mom or pop's insurance, if they are lucky enough to have their jobs.

My brother who owns a construction company four years ago had only about three houses going after the bubble burst. He had been used to 20+ going at once, now he is back up to about 15 going right now.
He is still having to sit on some properties he bought as an investment, but they are making him money so it still works for him.
The company I work for is planning on adding on to the memory care unit because we are always full, with many on the waiting list. Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

My brother who owns a construction company four years ago had only about three houses going after the bubble burst. He had been used to 20+ going at once, now he is back up to about 15 going right now.
He is still having to sit on some properties he bought as an investment, but they are making him money so it still works for him.
The company I work for is planning on adding on to the memory care unit because we are always full, with many on the waiting list. Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

"Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

He PROMISED FIRST, then we expected.

Talk about lame arguments and excuses.

Last edited:
I'm really happy for the Obama supporters testimonials. I'm certain both Obama and the DNC wish you were 'average', alas you're not. The average family income is down over $4k. The average family's home is worth less than 65% of what it was when he took office. The average family has one or more 20 year old still living at home. Good news is those 20+ year olds are now referred to as children and insurable on mom or pop's insurance, if they are lucky enough to have their jobs.

Four years ago this month I had no job, I was suffering from post partem depression and I put my car in porch. I am sorry that I now have a job and health insurance.
And Obama might be partly to blame, but failed policies for 20 years are the reason the middle class is failing. Both parties are to blame for that.

Hell yes I'm worse off. Became unemployed in April, might lose our home and cars.

Since April and you are not working? And you are looking to the hated guvmit to do what........?

You must not be one of those boot strap repthugs I hear so much about in here. You know the ones that will do any job, dig any ditch, mop any floor and do it all for minumum wage before they would look for help from the hated guvmint.

You don't have a job, you don't want one is the way I see it. There is work out there.

You gettin UE insurance I bet. Probably qualify for the hated food stamps to. Get them and you will be talked about like a dog by the likes of bribartwhatever. Don't do the food stamps. Be sneeky and hit the food banks.

PS.

More people are on food stamps guess you think that's a good thing. How much did they raise your amount?

see bud this is where you are not seeing hte libs for what they are, and i dont mean to demean you, but let me educate you.

For libs to understand if something is good or bad, it has to be about them. is she better off, yes she is better off, does she see her brothers and sisters better off, who cares its about here, her life is limited to what she sees and does, not the country as a whole. they dont care about others, just what they see in themselves, not what its about.

"Economies never rebound quickly, and I always think it is hilarious people expected Obama to be a miracle worker.

He PROMISED FIRST, then we expected.

Talk about lame arguments and excuses.

He didn't promise to be a miracle worker, and he even stated it would take awhile. Of course you are to partisan to admit that.

Four years ago this month I had no job, I was suffering from post partem depression and I put my car in porch. I am sorry that I now have a job and health insurance.
And Obama might be partly to blame, but failed policies for 20 years are the reason the middle class is failing. Both parties are to blame for that.

the american people are to be blamed, start taking responsiblity.

Yeah Obama and his policies have brought families closer together....like all cramped together into a small apartment eating oatmeal to get by. Hmmm I think they made a sit com with those criteria. It was called GOOD TIMES. It was DYNOMITE!!

PS.

I'm better off too. Much better.

I don't think that many remember the incredible uncertainty that took place in October 2008 when Bush was bailing out Wall Street.

The worst days for the Dow are as follows:
dow-plummets-graphicjpg-1f29cd5603eed3ca.jpg
A great many of the worst days happened in Bush's thankfully waning days. Say what you want about the DJIA but it's one of the bellweather signs of confidence--often times misplaced confidence in my view.

Why would we want to go back to the polices that caused the mess in the first place?

Bush bailed them out? I think Congress had to vote and the Democratically held Congress vote overwhelmingly to approve the bailout.

Forum List

Back