Hell yeah i am better off today.

Ahh...I get it. When it benefits the GOP talking points, blame the President. When not, blame the Congress. Of course. And the 8 years of "hands off" wall street...yeah, Congress's fault too right? I'm sure somehow it will be.

Again, why would anyone want to go back to the same rules and regulations that gave us so many bad days on Wall Street and damaged the confidence of the country so drastically?

I mean; look at it?

dow-plummets-graphicjpg-1f29cd5603eed3ca.jpg

Tell us...why are democrats still pushing sub primes.....

LOL. Six of the ten worst days on Wall Street were under the Bush Admin, and then you point to one bad day under President Obama? A day that has already been almost gained back. You guys are pathetic.

Of course they pointed out the Obama day. They didn't see the Bush days because Bush was never President for 8 long years. It was Clinton, then Obama.

Right rethugs? No Bush years for you. Didn't happen. Figment of imagination that Bush fuked the economy.

And slamming Romney for saying he will create 12 million jobs is pretty weak considering he does own businesses so if adjustments are made in policy he does have the ability thru his businesses to create jobs

It would have been just as realistic if Romney-Ryan had claimed that he was going to create 120,000,000 million jobs. The type of economic policies he is pushing have never created jobs, they have always resulted in massive job losses.

And why would he create policy to do that when he is in business and it would lose himself money? It makes more sense for him to grow the economy.

Yes, you're right....there's nothing wrong with anyone working 2 or 3 jobs, and i would commend them for doing it. Some people wouldn't bother and just collect wellfare/food stamps (many do). But for her to say they're doing so much better, i just can't believe that. Better is being able to find a decent job, one job, that can sustain you & you can afford insurance that's needed. I know too some people like the idea of 2 or 3 different jobs, for the variety. But like you said, you can't afford the insurance that is offered and it shouldn't be that way. And now people with no insurance will be forced to get it or be "taxed".

Oh so Obama isn't responsible for the debt...Congress is. You really wanna go there?

Congress is responsible for TARP, and last I heard Obama voted in favor for of it.

Ahh...I get it. When it benefits the GOP talking points, blame the President. When not, blame the Congress. Of course. And the 8 years of "hands off" wall street...yeah, Congress's fault too right? I'm sure somehow it will be.

Again, why would anyone want to go back to the same rules and regulations that gave us so many bad days on Wall Street and damaged the confidence of the country so drastically?

I mean; look at it?

dow-plummets-graphicjpg-1f29cd5603eed3ca.jpg

Where did I say I didn't blame Bush? He could've vetoed the bill, yet he didn't.

Remember McCain and Obama stopping their campaigns to go to Congress and vote yes?

They are all guilty, anyone but a partisan hack would blame only one person.

McCain lost a vote by voting yes.

I am 100 times better off than I was four years ago.

I congratulate you on your good fortune. Aint you the lucky one? Unfortunately the rest of the nation has not been so prosperous. Consider the following critical dates: January 2007 (last time Bush was president and the Republicans controlled Congress), January 2009 (last time Bush was president and the Democrats controlled Congress), and today.

U3 Unemployment Rate
January 2007: 4.6%
January 2009: 7.8%
Today: 8.3%

U6 Unemployment Rate
January 2007: 8.4%
January 2009: 14.2%
Today: 15.0%

Average Gas Price Per Gallon
January 2007: $2.78
January 2009: $1.89
Today: $3.90

United States Credit Rating
January 2007: AAA
January 2009: AAA
Today: AA

Poverty Rate
2007: 13.0%
2009: 14.3%
Today: 15.1%

United States Misery Index
2007: 7.47
2009: 8.94
Today: 9.71

Food Stamp Recipients
January 2007: 26,316,045
January 2009: 31,983,716
Today: 46,670,373

National Debt
January 2007: $8.67 trillion
January 2009: $10.64 trillion
Today: $15.96 trillion

But I am glad you are doing well Luissa.....I am glad you are doing well

HELL YEAH I AM BETTER OFF TODAY.
BUT ask me again in four years.
I am a senior citizen and I got COLA this year, fell into the Donut Hole and saved hundreds of dollars in prescriptions. All my children are working. Even my Downs Syndrome grand-daughter who has two jobs and one is her business. My daughter now have three jobs and I am spending less of my money helping them and saving a little. And my daughter still have her home.
Hell yeah, I am better off today. And the country as a whole is better off even at 8.3% unemployment and continuing job creations and not in the depression we were headed toward four years ago.
BUT ask me again in four years when because of Obama’s one man immigration policy we are inundated with 20 million more low skilled low wage earners Illegal Aliens that cannot be ask for their immigration papers and cannot be deported that Obama is asking us, the tax payers to educate. I think I may have a different answer.

PS.
Castro, someone has to mop the floors. So don’t put down and belittle those unskilled workers that clean up our mess. Isn’t that what 20 million Latinos, your brothers and sisters are doing?

More people are on food stamps guess you think that's a good thing. How much did they raise your amount?

Stimulus saved and created jobs, 4 millon jobs created got over 4 million off food stamps also. That pig will never fly.

That "pig" is already flying and no matter how many times you scream "nuh-uh" won't change that fact.

8.3 UE
GDP stalled under 2%
Real income down 4500 per family
Debt 16 trillion

Leave the peyote out of your dog food tonight.

At least 12 and a half million completely unemployed people are worse off today than when Obama took office.

I would guess there are many more who are worse off since those 4 million jobs he brags about probably don't pay what their previous jobs paid.

At the convention, they also brag about Obama likes to help people, reading the letters of the downtrodden and stuff. Except every single one of his housing rescue programs has been an utter failure.

That's the thing they don't tell you, see. "We like to help".

Well, liking to help and actually helping are two different things. Obama does not actually help.

Romney, and people like him, are huge helps. They. Create. Jobs. But fuck that shit, let's tax them more. Roads-and-bridges roads-and-bridges rah-rah-rah!

A job is the biggest helping hand you can give a person.

12.5 million people. No jobs. I'd be fucking sick and tired of waiting on Obama's helping ass to get in gear if I were them.

But, hey. He's black. So he's got that going for him, amiright? Down with whitey!

"Romney, and people like him, are huge helps. They. Create. Jobs. "

...in China, in Mexico, in India. USA, not so much.

According to the Treasury Dept. the majority of Americans are not better off.
unemployed 7.8%
medium income $54,983
National Debt 10.6 Trillion

unemployed 8.3%
medium income $50,964
National Debt 16 trillion

So no we are not better off than four years ago.

New Topics

Forum List

Back