hell yea. another F YOU to monsanto

The Road to hell is paved with good intentions Si modo, this company may have started out to help the world's hunger issues but it has very little ethical sense. I may be wrong but I'm more than willing to hear about any conclusive studies that show GM plants are non lethal for consumption.

Here's a thought. Plant the seeds and grow crops to eat rather than eat the seeds.

Haiti is complaining about the funcicides and pesticides on the seeds. Unbelievable.

Of course, I'm taking information from Truthout, for craps sake.

:cuckoo:

Truthout gets its information from other circulations. Try elsewhere. This is NOT news to anyone familiar with Monsanto's business practices.
Clarify what you mean to say about their business practices and how that pertains to this donation to Haiti, please.

Monsanto provides Haiti seed donation - Fruitnet.com|The Global Fresh Produce Portal

Monsanto gives Haiti $4 million in hybrid seeds - BusinessWeek
Here's 2 article that just states facts, doesn't make shit up and throw opinion into it.

Monsanto tries to help out a nation in trouble by donating the seeds and people still just slander them. Good grief, misinformation at its finest

Maybe the article wouldn't have had a negative slant if Monsanto's reputation had not already preceded their "noble" actions. If I were on the receiving end, my first question would have been to ask "Are these 'free' seeds from batches that Monsanto's quality control rejected?"

The Center for Food Safety - Monsanto vs. U.S. Farmers Report

Evil, I tell ya! It's just eeeeevil to develop strains resistant to disease, drought, etc. so that areas that are not suited to ag and have a high rate of starvation can actually feed themselves, rather than depending on outside assistance.

And, it's even more evil to protect that technology so that they can stay in business and continue to provide these hybrids to low quality ag areas.

They should go straight to hell.

:rolleyes:

:lol: If only Monsanto had such noble credentials. It doesn't. Even if some of their hybrid soy seedlings drift via the wind onto a privately farmed land, Monsanto will SUE that farmer for "unauthorized" planting of their patented seed. They have armies of "inspectors" doing just that--poking around acreage, and once they find a precious Monsanto seedling, they then unleash an army of lawyers. You need to watch the documentary Food, Inc., the second part of which is ALL about Monsanto which has put hundreds (if not thousands) of private farmers into bankruptcy in order to maintain its monopoly on the soy market.

and where is the evidence of this?how do you know the court cases didn't find that the farmer just claimed it blew onto their farm and the evidence showed that they reused or stole seeds.

And again, I'm reading your article and it reads
Monsanto’s technology agreement requires farmers to give up their
time-honored practice of saving seed, a crucial practice upon which the
expansion of the germplasm base in modern agriculture depends

So if they didn't like the agreement, why buy their seeds? how is that monsanto's problem, who spent 6 billion dollars on seed research? They are not allowed to make ap profit on their hard work and innovation? Sounds liek a lot of whining from farmers that signed agreement but now don't like it. Again, the first couple paragraphs of chapter 2 so far says just that. Again, why did they buy the seeds in the first place?

Last edited:
Monsanto provides Haiti seed donation - Fruitnet.com|The Global Fresh Produce Portal

Monsanto gives Haiti $4 million in hybrid seeds - BusinessWeek
Here's 2 article that just states facts, doesn't make shit up and throw opinion into it.

Monsanto tries to help out a nation in trouble by donating the seeds and people still just slander them. Good grief, misinformation at its finest

Ok, it definately sounds like they want to help;

That is very generous of them but;
Instead they are sending hybrid seeds, which are produced by manually cross-pollinating plants. The company said the seeds produce larger yields than non-hybrid seeds, but that with such a variety new seeds have to be purchased and planted every year.
Haiti will now have to buy seeds from Monsanto every season. Do they plan on never receiving any revenue from Haiti farmers or did they just lock the agricultural market of that country?

That is the nature of hybrid strains. They do not reproduce.

Any farmer who uses hybrid strains must purchase every year. And, hybrid strains are the most commonly used because of high yield.

Or, Haiti can just burn free seeds and buy them elsewhere.

Must be voodoo.

Leaving Haiti out of the discussion, it must be really tough for a "conservative" to decide which to support: The big business or the small farmer owning a private agricultural business, since there's no gubmit to blame here.

Evil, I tell ya! It's just eeeeevil to develop strains resistant to disease, drought, etc. so that areas that are not suited to ag and have a high rate of starvation can actually feed themselves, rather than depending on outside assistance.

And, it's even more evil to protect that technology so that they can stay in business and continue to provide these hybrids to low quality ag areas.

Thomas is the all time champeeen house ****** of united states history..the guy was proven to be a straight up pervert at his hearings...see Annita Hill. Not a problem for the fundis. They knew that sick fuck would be deep up in something he couldn't talk about lickety split and now the have him where they want him. Piss on Thomas and Alioto and that scum dribbling piece of shit chief justice Roberts.

Last edited:

Thomas is the all time chapeeen house ****** of united states history..the guy was proven to be a straight up per at his hearings...see Annita Hill. Not a problem for the fundis. They knew that sick fuck would be deep up in something he couldn't talk about lickety split and now the have him where they want him. Piss on Thomas and Alioto and that scum dribbling piece of shit chief justice Roberts.

:wtf:

Ok, it definately sounds like they want to help;

That is very generous of them but;

Haiti will now have to buy seeds from Monsanto every season. Do they plan on never receiving any revenue from Haiti farmers or did they just lock the agricultural market of that country?

That is the nature of hybrid strains. They do not reproduce.

Any farmer who uses hybrid strains must purchase every year. And, hybrid strains are the most commonly used because of high yield.

Or, Haiti can just burn free seeds and buy them elsewhere.

Must be voodoo.

Leaving Haiti out of the discussion, it must be really tough for a "conservative" to decide which to support: The big business or the small farmer owning a private agricultural business, since there's no gubmit to blame here.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Here's a thought. Plant the seeds and grow crops to eat rather than eat the seeds.

Haiti is complaining about the funcicides and pesticides on the seeds. Unbelievable.

Of course, I'm taking information from Truthout, for craps sake.

:cuckoo:

I hear ya, damn near impossible to find a credible site thats not swayed full tilt pro or con.
From what I've read(remember this Monsanto corp. is new to me) there just isn't enough data to go on;

The Debate Over Genetically Modified Foods (ActionBioscience)
Now I'm not condemning them for this, it's the rest of the nonsense they've pulled to get as far as they have. I mean to sue a small time farmer because of this;
Percy never had anything to do with Monsanto. He never purchased seed from Monsanto. He was concerned that Monsanto seed had contaminated his farm. The GMO canola plants got into his fields by the wind blowing pollen or seed onto his land.

It took two years for the pre-trail motions and paper-work to be completed. During this time, Monsanto dropped their charge that Percy had illegally obtained the GMO seed. Because this was a patent case, the case would not be heard by a jury but by one federal judge. The trial took two and one-half weeks.

The federal judge decided that it did not matter how the GMO crops got into his field, he must pay Monsanto their fee of $15/acre. In addition, the judge ordered that Percy pay Monsanto all of the profits from his 1998 crop, and that he must turn over all of the plants and seeds to Monsanto. Two of Percy’s fields were not contaminated with Monsanto GMOs and 60% of the GMOs Monsanto found were in the ditch by the road.
Who Owns Life? Canadian Farmer Sued by Monsanto
Eventually the Canadian Supreme Court overruled it but this is just one case out of many that Monsanto has strong armed farmers to either use their seeds or face the consequences.

Well, the USPTO has ruled that aLthough naturally occurring things can't be patented, genetically modified organisms can. I'ts an inventive process to make genetically modified organisms, and that innovation should be rewarded, as should all innovation. YOu want to take patents away, nobody is going to spend the time, money and resource to develop new products if they can't get market exclusivity and get a return on their investment. Some copy cat can come along putting no work in of their own and just steal their hard work

That's one thing many of the anti corporation people don't get, especially when it comes to biotechnology.

Why can't Monsanto just plant soy seeds, period? They certainly still have more acreage than all the other farmers combined and would still be the #1 profiteer. They answer is they're not "farmers," but chemists hawking their pestisides which they found a way to inject into food products. It's almost like a Dean Koontz plot.

In 1998, Mr. McFarling purchased Roundup Ready soybean seeds from a seed
company. He signed the Technology Agreement for that year and paid the required
fees. In violation of the license agreement, however, he saved seeds from his 1998
soybean crop and planted those seeds in 1999. He did the same thing the next year,
saving soybeans from his 1999 crop and planting them in 2000. The saved seeds
contained the patented genetic traits, but Mr. McFarling did not pay the license fee for
the 1999 or 2000 growing seasons.
Upon learning of Mr. McFarling

One court case, guy saved seeds violating the agreement
http://www.ll.georgetown.edu/federal/judicial/fed/opinions/05opinions/05-1570.pdf

Another court case where farmer never signed the license getting seeds from seed sellers
http://www.rkmc.com/Monsanto-Co-v-Scruggs.htm

Most things I see that even mention the "blowing of seeds from neighboring farms' are from these biased sites that never cite actual reports and court cases where this is mentioned. I'll keep looking

Last edited:
I hear ya, damn near impossible to find a credible site thats not swayed full tilt pro or con.
From what I've read(remember this Monsanto corp. is new to me) there just isn't enough data to go on;

Now I'm not condemning them for this, it's the rest of the nonsense they've pulled to get as far as they have. I mean to sue a small time farmer because of this;

Eventually the Canadian Supreme Court overruled it but this is just one case out of many that Monsanto has strong armed farmers to either use their seeds or face the consequences.

Well, the USPTO has ruled that aLthough naturally occurring things can't be patented, genetically modified organisms can. I'ts an inventive process to make genetically modified organisms, and that innovation should be rewarded, as should all innovation. YOu want to take patents away, nobody is going to spend the time, money and resource to develop new products if they can't get market exclusivity and get a return on their investment. Some copy cat can come along putting no work in of their own and just steal their hard work

That's one thing many of the anti corporation people don't get, especially when it comes to biotechnology.

Why can't Monsanto just plant soy seeds, period? They certainly still have more acreage than all the other farmers combined and would still be the #1 profiteer. They answer is they're not "farmers," but chemists hawking their pestisides which they found a way to inject into food products. It's almost like a Dean Koontz plot.

Why would Monsanto 'just plant soy seeds'? They are not the farmers with the acreage. They are a supplier TO the farmers.

I still don't know what you are trying to say. Really.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Here's a case where the farmer claimed cross pollination of plants

But as often occurs, court cases turn on particular facts. First, expert testimony accepted by the court explained that mere cross-pollination could not produce a canola crop that was 95 percent to 98 percent Roundup Ready. Second, in 1996, when the alleged cross-pollination would have occurred, the nearest farmer licensed to use Roundup Ready Canola was five miles away. Third, an expert in road vehicle aerodynamics testified that canola seed falling from passing trucks would travel no more than 8.8 meters.

Furthermore, although Schmeiser claimed that he used other herbicides to control weeds in his fields, including Treflan, Muster, and Assure in 1997 and 1998, he could produce no receipts to show that he had purchased those chemicals. However, he did have receipts that showed that he had bought Roundup. Finally, a neighboring farmer testified that Schmeiser's hired hand had told him several times that Schmeiser had grown Roundup Ready canola and then sprayed Roundup on the crop.
Goliath Whomps David - Reason Magazine

Again, claim not proven.
more on the case
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/journals/njtip/v4/n1/1/

Last edited:
because you've had read biased propaganda. First off, with infringment cases, how do you know the farmers didn't steal the seeds and just claimed it flew onto their land? YOu don't think the courts would rule favorably for them if that were the case?

And if farmers are so against these seeds, they didn't have to buy them in the first place

Looks like you also missed that Monsanto owns a majority of the seed companies in the nation. They've locked our Agriculture market and now it seems they want to lock Haiti's as well.
Yup. Monsanto provides quality product, thus farmers buy their product.

Unless it's a monopoly, and it's not, no problem.

Not a monopoly? It sells 90% of US genetically altered seeds.

In reality, Monsanto is a perfectly upstanding organization who has no intent to take advantage of any of the folks who use their products. They deserve an international "do-gooder" award.

The fact that farmers can no longer generate germinating seeds of their own once they switch to a Monsanto product is inconsequential and is over-ruled by the fact that Monsanto gave these seeds free of charge, and by the fact that they have built-in pesticides.

If you have negative opinions of these activities it's obvious that you have forgotten your meds, or you have yet to be diagnosed. But don't worry. We'll take care of that for you as well, if you would kindly send us your contact information.

Respectfully Yours,

- Monsanto

I wonder if they include a free sample of Round-Up suitable for your glass of Kool-Aid.

And Nate, if you were truly being open minded, you wouldn't take such a horrible, opinionated and biased piece of journalism from an internet site that cites emails as sources and other nonsense. And you would be able to see from the get go that is was garbage journalism. That really should be clear from the articl. compare the first 2 I posted, to that one, and you see a clear difference between one stating facts, and the other throwing bias and opinion into it

Now, there are other real journalistic pieces critical of monstanto, but the OPs link most definitely was not

I don't know why you've got your ass in the air over Nate's "source" when the same information can be found at just about every news outlet, and then some. Go find a source more suitable to your liking, if you don't accept Truthout.

Looks like you also missed that Monsanto owns a majority of the seed companies in the nation. They've locked our Agriculture market and now it seems they want to lock Haiti's as well.
Yup. Monsanto provides quality product, thus farmers buy their product.

Unless it's a monopoly, and it's not, no problem.

Not a monopoly? It sells 90% of US genetically altered seeds.
Yup. Not a monopoly.

And just so we're clear there hasn't been a post on this thread where I cited the original source. Everytime I cite a source I take the original one the OP starts with and then look for more sources to back what I wish to say... Which is why it sometimes takes a few moments for me to respond, that and work.

Just Google "Haiti burns Monsanto seeds" and you'll find a slew. Presto/speedo. Take your pick. But finding an unbiased one might be difficult because truth has no bias. The link I posted from Global Resources tells the most accurate timeframe, with sources linked at the bottom.

Because they are a seed provider, amongst other things. ANd they spent 6 billion to make better seeds to provide yield crops, which most farmers apparently like since so many buy their seeds. Again, were they forced to buy their seeds?

stop linking to biased articles not supported in fact, the courts which heard the facts on the "seed blowing" argument ruled otherwise.

Monsanto's side of the argument about infringment

Monsanto For the Record ~ Monsanto Farmer Lawsuits
another article about anti-trust and patent right issues
Monsanto’s Seed Patents May Trump Antitrust Claims (Update2) - BusinessWeek

Granted, there is a fine line between "good business" and being a bit unethical and a bully, like we see with other giant corporations, but there still is so much misinformation out there, most of the times when I see anti monsanto, anti-GM articles

Completely agree Doc, while looking through sites earlier about this company, it was damn near impossible to find any non-biased sites about this company. I also agree with you on GM crops, there just isn't enough data out there to prove any negative effects from these plants. What I have a problem with is the strong arm tactics(I know some would call it good business) this company has used and their use of pesticides and fumigation in Developing Countries without knowledge of the impact it would cause enviromentally.

tha'ts a fair criticism. But nothing has shown yet, even after years and years, of anything being environmentally damaging with GMO crops. Mostly its irrational fears of people scared of genetic manipulation and slippery slope arguments. People focus too much on science fiction movies

I don't even care about that. My issue with Monsanto is their bullying tactics which puts small busineses OUT of business. Why is it everyone screams bloody murder about small business failures, but nobody thinks this is just plain bad and reeks of corporate greed.

And just so we're clear there hasn't been a post on this thread where I cited the original source. Everytime I cite a source I take the original one the OP starts with and then look for more sources to back what I wish to say... Which is why it sometimes takes a few moments for me to respond, that and work.

Just Google "Haiti burns Monsanto seeds" and you'll find a slew. Presto/speedo. Take your pick. But finding an unbiased one might be difficult because truth has no bias. The link I posted from Global Resources tells the most accurate timeframe, with sources linked at the bottom.

court cases and decisions, which take into account all evidence presented, is as unbiased as you can get. Most of the anti-monsanto articles are just completely biased and slanderous, and not even hiding that fact

Forum List

Back