hell yea. another F YOU to monsanto

Ok, I will be the first to admit I was ignorant of the company Monsanto so I decided to spend the last hour figuring out who they were so I could make at least a halfway intelligent response. What I learned is very crazy! This company has no ethical sense! I applaud Haiti for turning down anything from this company!!
I don't even know where to start on informing those who don't know about this company... The lawsuits against small farmers that has ruined lives, the cover up of decades worth of pollution, the genetically manipulated crops that has destroyed farm soil, GMOs that could potentially cause cancer... Damn I could go all day with this list! This company is evil and it doesn't help that it has bought up most of the seed companies nationwide so boycotting them is damn near impossible.
One more thing, and this is the craziest part, taking Monsanto to the highest court in our judicial system can backfire, they have Clerance Thomas in their back pocket;

Clarence Thomas

From the years 1976 - 1979, Thomas worked as an attorney for Monsanto. Thomas apparently does not see this as a conflict of interest and has not recused himself.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Evil, I tell ya! It's just eeeeevil to develop strains resistant to disease, drought, etc. so that areas that are not suited to ag and have a high rate of starvation can actually feed themselves, rather than depending on outside assistance.

And, it's even more evil to protect that technology so that they can stay in business and continue to provide these hybrids to low quality ag areas.

They should go straight to hell.

:rolleyes:

Evil, I tell ya! It's just eeeeevil to develop strains resistant to disease, drought, etc. so that areas that are not suited to ag and have a high rate of starvation can actually feed themselves, rather than depending on outside assistance.

And, it's even more evil to protect that technology so that they can stay in business and continue to provide these hybrids to low quality ag areas.

The Road to hell is paved with good intentions Si modo, this company may have started out to help the world's hunger issues but it has very little ethical sense. I may be wrong but I'm more than willing to hear about any conclusive studies that show GM plants are non lethal for consumption.

The Road to hell is paved with good intentions Si modo, this company may have started out to help the world's hunger issues but it has very little ethical sense. I may be wrong but I'm more than willing to hear about any conclusive studies that show GM plants are non lethal for consumption.

Here's a thought. Plant the seeds and grow crops to eat rather than eat the seeds.

Haiti is complaining about the funcicides and pesticides on the seeds. Unbelievable.

Of course, I'm taking information from Truthout, for craps sake.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Here's a thought. Plant the seeds and grow crops to eat rather than eat the seeds.

Haiti is complaining about the funcicides and pesticides on the seeds. Unbelievable.

I hear ya, damn near impossible to find a credible site thats not swayed full tilt pro or con.
From what I've read(remember this Monsanto corp. is new to me) there just isn't enough data to go on;
The problem with GM crops is that there is little known about what effect they will have in, say, 20 years time. The genetic structure of any living organism is complex and GM crop tests focus on short-term effects. Not all the effects of introducing a foreign gene into the intricate genetic structure of an organism are tested. Will the pests that a crop was created to resist eventually become resistant to this crop?
The Debate Over Genetically Modified Foods (ActionBioscience)
Now I'm not condemning them for this, it's the rest of the nonsense they've pulled to get as far as they have. I mean to sue a small time farmer because of this;
Percy never had anything to do with Monsanto. He never purchased seed from Monsanto. He was concerned that Monsanto seed had contaminated his farm. The GMO canola plants got into his fields by the wind blowing pollen or seed onto his land.

It took two years for the pre-trail motions and paper-work to be completed. During this time, Monsanto dropped their charge that Percy had illegally obtained the GMO seed. Because this was a patent case, the case would not be heard by a jury but by one federal judge. The trial took two and one-half weeks.

The federal judge decided that it did not matter how the GMO crops got into his field, he must pay Monsanto their fee of $15/acre. In addition, the judge ordered that Percy pay Monsanto all of the profits from his 1998 crop, and that he must turn over all of the plants and seeds to Monsanto. Two of Percy’s fields were not contaminated with Monsanto GMOs and 60% of the GMOs Monsanto found were in the ditch by the road.
Who Owns Life? Canadian Farmer Sued by Monsanto
Eventually the Canadian Supreme Court overruled it but this is just one case out of many that Monsanto has strong armed farmers to either use their seeds or face the consequences.

I would rather go hungrry then die from cancer and who knows what else from a crop that no one knows whats in in it or the effects it has. monsanto is going to kill more third world people than common illnesses

I would rather go hungrry then die from cancer and who knows what else from a crop that no one knows whats in in it or the effects it has. monsanto is going to kill more third world people than common illnesses

And that's just from the GM crops... That doesn't include the Enviromental damages they are causing with their "help" on the War on Drugs
The US has sprayed tons of Roundup and Roundup Ultra (produced by the St. Louis-based chemical and biotechnology giant, Monsanto) during the 24-year-long drug war in Colombia. The use of these herbicides has consistently produced health complaints from people in the Colombian countryside. Those complaints have gone largely ignored by Washington and Monsanto.
A month before Wellstone was doused, Colombian indigenous leaders visited Congress to speak out against the fumigation. "The 12 indigenous peoples have been suffering under this plague as if it were a government decree to exterminate our culture and our very survival," said Jose Francisco Tenono, the only leader who was not afraid to use his real name. "Our only sustenance - manioc, banana, palms, sugar cane and corn - have been fumigated. Our sources of water, creeks, rivers, lakes, have been poisoned, killing our fish... Today, hunger is our daily bread. In the name of the Amazonian Indigenous people I ask that the fumigations be immediately suspended."
So far, Tenorio's pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Last summer, Congress approved $1.3 billion for "Plan Colombia" to carry out the drug war and more funds are forthcoming.
Monsanto and the 'Drug War'

Agent Orange anyone?

And that's just from the GM crops... That doesn't include the Enviromental damages they are causing with their "help" on the War on Drugs
The US has sprayed tons of Roundup and Roundup Ultra (produced by the St. Louis-based chemical and biotechnology giant, Monsanto) during the 24-year-long drug war in Colombia. The use of these herbicides has consistently produced health complaints from people in the Colombian countryside. Those complaints have gone largely ignored by Washington and Monsanto.
A month before Wellstone was doused, Colombian indigenous leaders visited Congress to speak out against the fumigation. "The 12 indigenous peoples have been suffering under this plague as if it were a government decree to exterminate our culture and our very survival," said Jose Francisco Tenono, the only leader who was not afraid to use his real name. "Our only sustenance - manioc, banana, palms, sugar cane and corn - have been fumigated. Our sources of water, creeks, rivers, lakes, have been poisoned, killing our fish... Today, hunger is our daily bread. In the name of the Amazonian Indigenous people I ask that the fumigations be immediately suspended."
So far, Tenorio's pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Last summer, Congress approved $1.3 billion for "Plan Colombia" to carry out the drug war and more funds are forthcoming.
Monsanto and the 'Drug War'

Agent Orange anyone?

yep, watch the neocons still try to defend tehm

Fear of the unknown is often irrational.

fuck these assholes trying to sell poison to third world countries in faux charitiy moves that only enriches them later. hopefully other resistance groups form and null and void their existing contract with this coompany

t r u t h o u t | Haitian Farmers Commit to Burning Monsanto Hybrid Seeds

Sure, unsubstantiated bullshit that it is poison. :cuckoo:

Another horrible piece of biased garbage on the internet trying to pass off as journalism.

People are so ignorant about GMO foods its pretty sad that something that could provide great benefits is being slandered by people completely ignorant of what it is and who spread lies and misinformation and irrational fears over GMO foods.

Although "round up ready" IMO is shitty as the whole point is to not have the need for pesticides, not to use more of it. But other GMOs are pretty damn beneficial if people weren't so ignorant of it

And reading hte article, it mentions nothing about how much of those dangerous chemicals are even in the seeds, which makes all the difference. Sure it may be harmful at high doses, but of course a biased article just set out to misinform won't mention that.

Last edited:
Monsanto provides Haiti seed donation - Fruitnet.com|The Global Fresh Produce Portal

Monsanto gives Haiti $4 million in hybrid seeds - BusinessWeek
Here's 2 article that just states facts, doesn't make shit up and throw opinion into it.

Monsanto tries to help out a nation in trouble by donating the seeds and people still just slander them. Good grief, misinformation at its finest

Ok, it definately sounds like they want to help;
Farmers will have to buy the seeds at markets to avoid flooding the local economy with free goods, but Monsanto will not receive any revenue from the sales, Vancil said. A spokesman for the U.S. Agency for International Development program distributing the seeds could not immediately provide more details.
That is very generous of them but;
Instead they are sending hybrid seeds, which are produced by manually cross-pollinating plants. The company said the seeds produce larger yields than non-hybrid seeds, but that with such a variety new seeds have to be purchased and planted every year.
Haiti will now have to buy seeds from Monsanto every season. Do they plan on never receiving any revenue from Haiti farmers or did they just lock the agricultural market of that country?

Monsanto provides Haiti seed donation - Fruitnet.com|The Global Fresh Produce Portal

Here's 2 article that just states facts, doesn't make shit up and throw opinion into it.

Monsanto tries to help out a nation in trouble by donating the seeds and people still just slander them. Good grief, misinformation at its finest

Farmers will have to buy the seeds at markets to avoid flooding the local economy with free goods, but Monsanto will not receive any revenue from the sales, Vancil said. A spokesman for the U.S. Agency for International Development program distributing the seeds could not immediately provide more details.
Instead they are sending hybrid seeds, which are produced by manually cross-pollinating plants. The company said the seeds produce larger yields than non-hybrid seeds, but that with such a variety new seeds have to be purchased and planted every year.
Haiti will now have to buy seeds from Monsanto every season. Do they plan on never receiving any revenue from Haiti farmers or did they just lock the agricultural market of that country?

That is the nature of hybrid strains. They do not reproduce.

Any farmer who uses hybrid strains must purchase every year. And, hybrid strains are the most commonly used because of high yield.

Or, Haiti can just burn free seeds and buy them elsewhere.

Must be voodoo.

Well.
Farmers will have to buy the seeds at markets to avoid flooding the local economy with free goods, but Monsanto will not receive any revenue from the sales, Vancil said.
What link is your "have to buy seeds" from, the bullshit propaganda piece, cause I don't see it in the actual piece of journalism I cited

Well.
Farmers will have to buy the seeds at markets to avoid flooding the local economy with free goods, but Monsanto will not receive any revenue from the sales, Vancil said.
What link is your "have to buy seeds" from, the bullshit propaganda piece, cause I don't see it in the actual piece of journalism I cited

Sorry should have listed the site.... Monsanto gives Haiti $4 million in hybrid seeds - BusinessWeek

BTW, thats the second one you cited... Fourth paragraph down.

I hear ya, damn near impossible to find a credible site thats not swayed full tilt pro or con.
From what I've read(remember this Monsanto corp. is new to me) there just isn't enough data to go on;
The problem with GM crops is that there is little known about what effect they will have in, say, 20 years time. The genetic structure of any living organism is complex and GM crop tests focus on short-term effects. Not all the effects of introducing a foreign gene into the intricate genetic structure of an organism are tested. Will the pests that a crop was created to resist eventually become resistant to this crop?
The Debate Over Genetically Modified Foods (ActionBioscience)
Now I'm not condemning them for this, it's the rest of the nonsense they've pulled to get as far as they have. I mean to sue a small time farmer because of this;
Percy never had anything to do with Monsanto. He never purchased seed from Monsanto. He was concerned that Monsanto seed had contaminated his farm. The GMO canola plants got into his fields by the wind blowing pollen or seed onto his land.

It took two years for the pre-trail motions and paper-work to be completed. During this time, Monsanto dropped their charge that Percy had illegally obtained the GMO seed. Because this was a patent case, the case would not be heard by a jury but by one federal judge. The trial took two and one-half weeks.

The federal judge decided that it did not matter how the GMO crops got into his field, he must pay Monsanto their fee of $15/acre. In addition, the judge ordered that Percy pay Monsanto all of the profits from his 1998 crop, and that he must turn over all of the plants and seeds to Monsanto. Two of Percy’s fields were not contaminated with Monsanto GMOs and 60% of the GMOs Monsanto found were in the ditch by the road.
Who Owns Life? Canadian Farmer Sued by Monsanto
Eventually the Canadian Supreme Court overruled it but this is just one case out of many that Monsanto has strong armed farmers to either use their seeds or face the consequences.

Well, the USPTO has ruled that aLthough naturally occurring things can't be patented, genetically modified organisms can. I'ts an inventive process to make genetically modified organisms, and that innovation should be rewarded, as should all innovation. YOu want to take patents away, nobody is going to spend the time, money and resource to develop new products if they can't get market exclusivity and get a return on their investment. Some copy cat can come along putting no work in of their own and just steal their hard work

That's one thing many of the anti corporation people don't get, especially when it comes to biotechnology.

Well.

Sorry should have listed the site.... Monsanto gives Haiti $4 million in hybrid seeds - BusinessWeek

BTW, thats the second one you cited... Fourth paragraph down.

That's what I cited, and did you even read it? Or just another dishonest person making stuff up and spreading misinformation? Doesn't say have to buy seeds from monsanto every year like you posted above and I have bolded. Why do people insist on lying to try and further their agenda?

F
armers will have to buy the seeds at markets to avoid flooding the local economy with free goods, but Monsanto will not receive any revenue from the sales, Vancil said. A spokesman for the U.S. Agency for International Development program distributing the seeds could not immediately provide more details.

Forum List

Back