Hell, Not for the Faint of Heart

FactFinder

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2009
What the hell is hell anyway? Why would a loving gracious God conceive of such a place?

Well here are some abstracts:

Justice demands it.
Freedom demands it.
Peace demands it.

Any questions?

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of wusses are in attendance.

Here is a hint. A just God let's people in freedom choose whether to acknowledge Him or not. Let's them choose to be with Him in heaven or hell. Being the creator of the universe (well enough said)

Tell me what in today's society may be greater. The stacked market??? Heehee. The government? RFLMAO! What pray tell has a better answer to this sorry existence.

Hell...You better believe it and find the better alternative.

Looks like a lot of wusses are in attendance.

Here is a hint. A just God let's people in freedom choose whether to acknowledge Him or not. Let's them choose to be with Him in heaven or hell. Being the creator of the universe (well enough said)

Tell me what in today's society may be greater. The stacked market??? Heehee. The government? RFLMAO! What pray tell has a better answer to this sorry existence.

Hell...You better believe it and find the better alternative.
I think that sounds so shallow of God, and I know He is not. I think there is more of a purpose to ''us'' than just acknowledging God.

Hell has been exagerated somewhat, you know....with Dante's inferno and all that followed.

I agree there can not be justice if there is not both a Heaven and Hell, like freedom for the law abiding and prison for those who are criminals, but I am not certain I agree that it is only about accepting God or Jesus as savior....it's much deeper than simply that....

Care

Care4 wrote: I think there is more of a purpose to ''us'' than just acknowledging God.

Check out Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.
:cool:

"it's much deeper than simply that...."

expound please. How deep can one get beyond Jesus?

Curious minds want to know.

Heaven or hell is within you now.

Yep you pretty much make your own heaven or hell in the here or now.

But from my bible studies and conversations with pastors and doctors of religious philosophy I have determined that the number of people qualifying for heaven will be very few indeed. One large resort could hold them all.

But from my bible studies and conversations with pastors and doctors of religious philosophy I have determined that the number of people qualifying for heaven will be very few indeed. One large resort could hold them all.

Heaven and hell are moment to moment.

Depends on how calm your mind is. For most humans you are correct.
Humans brought up in western cultures esp the USA are not taught the value of a calm and focused mind.
Quite the contrary actually, chaos is actually encouraged and reinforced.

Last edited:
That set me off on a tangent. Question: Do you think meditation is about having a calm mind?

To me, meditation is about "being with" whatever is arising in the mind, without preferences.

"Going to Heaven" didn't even occur until Christianity came about. In the Tanakh, there is Sheol, where all dead go, regardless of their moral choices. Heaven is Yahweh's domain, and no man finds themselves there, except for a very select few, like Enoch, and Abraham.

That set me off on a tangent. Question: Do you think meditation is about having a calm mind?

To me, meditation is about "being with" whatever is arising in the mind, without preferences.

yes it is about focus and calmness.
Just one ripple on a calm pool. Not many chaotic waves.

And meditation is not religious to me it should be taught to all imho.

"Going to Heaven" didn't even occur until Christianity came about. In the Tanakh, there is Sheol, where all dead go, regardless of their moral choices. Heaven is Yahweh's domain, and no man finds themselves there, except for a very select few, like Enoch, and Abraham.

Well they did need "leverage" to control and attract the masses.
Do not what we say and burn in eternal torment, do what we say and be rewarded by heaven after death.
Strange how both the punishment and reward take place after our death?

Do not what we say and burn in eternal torment, do what we say and be rewarded by heaven after death.
There was punishment long ago. It was called the Vatican, and they made radical Islam look like a bunch of pussies. Funny thing is, they killed off a lot of Jews, despite their religion being loosely based on Jewish scripture.

There was punishment long ago. It was called the Vatican, and they made radical Islam look like a bunch of pussies. Funny thing is, they killed off a lot of Jews, despite their religion being loosely based on Jewish scripture.

Well the Christians owe the Jews their religion.
If they had not had Christ crucified there would likely be no christian religion today.

"it's much deeper than simply that...."

expound please. How deep can one get beyond Jesus?

Curious minds want to know.
it's on the lines of ''it depends on what the definition of is, IS...'' :)

you know the devil acknowledges God as God and Jesus as His Son....sooooo, what is the definition of ''acknowledge'' when it comes to keeping us from hell, with God?

and

saying you have faith and have ''acceped Christ as Savior'' while never following His teachings....is ''faith without works'' and is dead....

Also, Christ specifically said that we All will be judged by Him, Christians in one manner, and others.... those who live by the LAW (Jews) will be judged by ''the Law''... so that right there tells us, that not all non believers are destined for hell, as it sounded like you were saying....that's entirely up to Christ imo....

Do you remember the song, "Hell, hell is for children"?

Pat Benatar

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back