Hell Freezes: Sarah Palin Takes Questions From Press

High schools are not safe because of the stupid policy that won't let boys be boys in grade school. You suppress the natural instinct of young males to be exuberant and sometimes violent. Then you ignore the real bullies by not allowing the students to deal with them. And it's any wonder that one day they snap and begin popping caps?

High schools are not safe because of the stupid policy that won't let boys be boys in grade school. You suppress the natural instinct of young males to be exuberant and sometimes violent. Then you ignore the real bullies by not allowing the students to deal with them. And it's any wonder that one day they snap and begin popping caps?
hmmm, interesting perspective
never heard it expressed that way before
can you elaborate?

Interesting theory right there.

Never said you didn't say it.

I was just saying it in general.

Though I think hell just refroze over, something we can agree on Dive. :lol:
conservatives have been complaining about border security since before you were born

conservatives have been complaining about border security since before you were born

Conservatives have been complaining about a lot of things since I was born. You figure in seventeen years they'd be able to get more done with plenty of Republican controlled congresses and presidents. :eusa_whistle:

Conservatives have been complaining about a lot of things since I was born. You figure in seventeen years they'd be able to get more done with plenty of Republican controlled congresses and presidents. :eusa_whistle:

conservatives have got the shaft from mccain. we also got a mooseburger eating vp with a 56 IQ. what more can we ask for?

republican does not always equal conservative

hmmm, interesting perspective
never heard it expressed that way before
can you elaborate?

Sure. Ever hear the old saying that "boys will be boys"?

Columbine was a freak accident that initiated a storm of changes in public schools.

As a kid, if I got into a fistfight on the playground the first question was "Who started it?". That guy got punished. Now, both parties are indiscriminantly punished, or worse, counseled to death.

As a kid, a bully only lasted until his victims got fed up with it and beat him into a greasy spot on the playgrounds floor. Now, the bully is smart enough to do his thing out of sight. The victim gets no respite and resorts to the shooting featured on the news.

Competition at the grade school level is way off. No more winners and losers. Now it is gender normed and participation group hugs. Gym class that allowed all the boys to blow off steam and reduce the raging hormones are no longer required in all states for all grades.

Facts are that girls are smarter than boys up to about eighteen or so. Facts are that girls are more mature than boys up to about sixteen or so. By systematically toning down a boys natural tendancy to be a type A you are also bottling up the more violent but natural reactions. And if that boy has no outlet, poof, news at eleven.

Look I am not a psych kind of guy. I am commenting on my own observations without so much as a single internet link (cardinal sin on a message board huh?) But I used to train young Marines who had never, ever, ever, been in so much as a fistfight. I actually had to teach em that it was fine to be loud and proud and tell the world to sit on it and spin.

Before I retired, the Marine Corps, thank God, had re instituted mandatory hand to hand training beyond the boot camp level. Blood, sweat, character building, etc. Amazing how the disciplinary actions in my unit went down. A bit of controlled ass whipping every morning as part of PT went a long way towards curbing 19 year old stupid shit.

Columbine was a freak accident that initiated a storm of changes in public schools.

As a kid, if I got into a fistfight on the playground the first question was "Who started it?". That guy got punished. Now, both parties are indiscriminantly punished, or worse, counseled to death.

As a kid, a bully only lasted until his victims got fed up with it and beat him into a greasy spot on the playgrounds floor. Now, the bully is smart enough to do his thing out of sight. The victim gets no respite and resorts to the shooting featured on the news.

Competition at the grade school level is way off. No more winners and losers. Now it is gender normed and participation group hugs. Gym class that allowed all the boys to blow off steam and reduce the raging hormones are no longer required in all states for all grades.

Facts are that girls are smarter than boys up to about eighteen or so. Facts are that girls are more mature than boys up to about sixteen or so. By systematically toning down a boys natural tendancy to be a type A you are also bottling up the more violent but natural reactions. And if that boy has no outlet, poof, news at eleven.

Look I am not a psych kind of guy. I am commenting on my own observations without so much as a single internet link (cardinal sin on a message board huh?) But I used to train young Marines who had never, ever, ever, been in so much as a fistfight. I actually had to teach em that it was fine to be loud and proud and tell the world to sit on it and spin.

Before I retired, the Marine Corps, thank God, had re instituted mandatory hand to hand training beyond the boot camp level. Blood, sweat, character building, etc. Amazing how the disciplinary actions in my unit went down. A bit of controlled ass whipping every morning as part of PT went a long way towards curbing 19 year old stupid shit.

As someone who is in high school, I can attest to what I personally bolded in pegwinn's post being true.

ok, that explains it rather well
before i thought you were saying boys had to be bullies or they would go "columbine"

thanks for the elaboration

Forum List

Back