Hell Freezes, Dems and GOP agree on Obama proposal. But will it work?

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Unemployed veterans, contractors to get help from Washington - Nov. 16, 2011

I'm glad that the partisan hackery has been put aside to at least get something done, even if it's just a small step. On the other hand, has it? Vets are a pretty easy place for both sides to simply fall in alignment with each other for the same old political goals. Nonetheless, I'd like to see this as a glimmer of hope.

Meanwhile, I have to ask: Will this bill actually be effective? I'm not sure it will. Often times, when people are hired, whether they'll qualify the company for a tax break is only determined afterward. Not only that, but it seems to repeat the same flawed thinking that has plagued both sides on the jobs issue, which is the idea that business creates jobs just for the Hell of it. The only real way to get jobs created is to spur demand within the market. And I don't believe that this bill does that.

From your link:
The bill givesemployers tax credits of up to $5,600 for hiring veterans who have been unemployed longer than six months. It would also give employers a tax credit of up to $9,600 for hiring long-unemployed disabled veterans.
So you think businesses have all these jobs they want to hire Vets for but gosh darn it, there just isn't a tax credit Bill to help them out? Oh but it's labeled as "bipartisan" so it must be good right?

More "bipartisan" gov't douchbaggery.

• Banned
From your link:
The bill givesemployers tax credits of up to $5,600 for hiring veterans who have been unemployed longer than six months. It would also give employers a tax credit of up to $9,600 for hiring long-unemployed disabled veterans.
So you think businesses have all these jobs they want to hire Vets for but gosh darn it, there just isn't a tax credit Bill to help them out? Oh but it's labeled as "bipartisan" so it must be good right?

More "bipartisan" gov't douchbaggery.

do I think that? No, which is why I said I don't think it will work.

Forum List

Back