Helicopter crash kills six Marines

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Afghanistan Helicopter Crash: Marines Reportedly Killed

WASHINGTON -- A senior U.S. defense official says all six reported killed in the crash of a U.S. helicopter in Afghanistan were U.S. Marines.

The helicopter crashed Thursday in Afghanistan's southern province of Helmand.

The defense official who said all six were Marines spoke on condition of anonymity because the U.S. command in Afghanistan had not yet publicly released details, including the nationalities of the dead.
The official says there is no indication that the helicopter was hit by

Last edited:
I absolutely hate these stories.

They are terribly sad. Such a tragedy for the country and the families of these fine people.

WASHINGTON -- A senior U.S. defense official says all six reported killed in the crash of a U.S. helicopter in Afghanistan were U.S. Marines.

The defense official who said all six were Marines spoke on condition of anonymity because the U.S. command in Afghanistan had not yet publicly released details, including the nationalities of the dead.
The official says there is no indication that the helicopter was hit by enemy fire.

Sadly, one of the Marines was the brother of my sons fiancé. Cpl Kevin Reinhard was a fine marine and was extremely proud of the job he was doing. The last time I spoke with him he had nothing but good to speak of his job as a helicopter mechanic and what he was doing in Afghanistan. Kevin was a fine young man and will be soully missed

:( so sorry..... :salute:

GOD, I hate helocopters.

Every time I had to climb into one of those slow moving TARGETS that perioically fall out of the sky and kill Marines (and the NAV corpsman assigned to their units) I sweated every moment until the damned thing touched down.

They stink, they're loud and they're not safe.

GOD, I hate helocopters.

Every time I had to climb into one of those slow moving TARGETS that perioically fall out of the sky and kill Marines (and the NAV corpsman assigned to their units) I sweated every moment until the damned thing touched down.

In this case the helicopter was a CH-53 Sea Stallion which is a Vietnam era helicopter.

Last edited:
GOD, I hate helocopters.

In this case the helicopter was a CH-53 Sea Stallion which is a Vietnam era helicopter. Kevin was a maintainer and used to complain how they were being held together with duct tape and baling wire.

The CH-46 is old as well. The Osprey is supposed to replace them at some point.

GOD, I hate helocopters.

In this case the helicopter was a CH-53 Sea Stallion which is a Vietnam era helicopter. Kevin was a maintainer and used to complain how they were being held together with duct tape and baling wire.

Let me get this straight, we spend more money on our Military than any other country in the world, and we are still using Vietnam era choppers?:confused:

The official says there is no indication that the helicopter was hit by enemy fire.

Sadly, one of the Marines was the brother of my sons fiancé. Cpl Kevin Reinhard was a fine marine and was extremely proud of the job he was doing. The last time I spoke with him he had nothing but good to speak of his job as a helicopter mechanic and what he was doing in Afghanistan. Kevin was a fine young man and will be soully missed

It is always sad to hear of the death of any of our military personnel, whatever the circumstances; incidents like this are a grim reminder that military service can be hazardous, whether one is in direct combat, or not. My prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to the families of all who were lost, and especially, RW, to your family and the family of your son's fiancee', on the loss of her brother, CPL Reinhard.

Forum List

Back