Helen Thomas is Retiring

So, she's 90 and she's finally retiring, after making a foot in mouth statements that reeked of creeping senility? Her comments reminded me of some of Pat Robertson's notorious remarks, which also struck me as those of a doddering old fool.

Also, as pointed out twice in this thread, the guy has more video to release (yeah, he is milking it for his own ends) so, knowing herself what she said, she could be saving the White House some embarrassment.

However, I agree with those who have stated that what is on the vid so far is offensive enough. That plus her past record of objectivity failure.

how could a statement made by a reporter reflect on the white house?

she isn't/wasn't a white house employee. :confused:

I keep saying: given the omnipotent powers Bush wields from his political grave, why isn't Obama seeking his help in Plugging The Hole?

Because somehow Bush benefits from the oil spill. He and his oil buddies are somehow making a total bundle of money by losing gallons of oil into the gulf.

As for Helen Thomas retiring. I don't see how it's much loss. I don't see how she has contributed to her profession in a positive way for years. Though I think she should have the right to say whatever she things and shouldnt need to retire for saying something stupid and revealing who she really is.

All and all, i think it will be a net positive

Also, as pointed out twice in this thread, the guy has more video to release (yeah, he is milking it for his own ends) so, knowing herself what she said, she could be saving the White House some embarrassment.

However, I agree with those who have stated that what is on the vid so far is offensive enough. That plus her past record of objectivity failure.

Well it shoulden't in this case and context. (having quit) However, what I'm wondering is weather she retired (knowing what else is on the tape) so the WH would not have to "fire" her by taking away her creds. (not every reporter gets to sit center stage for press briefs)

The White House would be pushed to take her chair away no matter what at this point so why let the story drag on?

So, she's 90 and she's finally retiring, after making a foot in mouth statements that reeked of creeping senility? Her comments reminded me of some of Pat Robertson's notorious remarks, which also struck me as those of a doddering old fool.

Were you Equally as Understanding with Pat?...

As for my Take... I said Fuck him then, and I say Fuck Helen now!...

:)

peace...

Well it shoulden't in this case and context. (having quit) However, what I'm wondering is weather she retired (knowing what else is on the tape) so the WH would not have to "fire" her by taking away her creds. (not every reporter gets to sit center stage for press briefs)

The White House would be pushed to take her chair away no matter what at this point so why let the story drag on?

ah... ok. fair enough. i wasn't sure where you were coming from. thanks for clarifying.

Because somehow Bush benefits from the oil spill. He and his oil buddies are somehow making a total bundle of money by losing gallons of oil into the gulf.

Least we forget how much money BP gave Obama. :eusa_whistle:
Obama biggest recipient of BP cash | Reuters

That's one gusher BP can nip to a trickle in no time. Likely with Obama's support but it's still a loss.

As for Helen Thomas retiring. I don't see how it's much loss. I don't see how she has contributed to her profession in a positive way for years. Though I think she should have the right to say whatever she things and shouldnt need to retire for saying something stupid and revealing who she really is.

All and all, i think it will be a net positive

Someone had to give the Hezbollah view.

I looked this up for my last comment then forgot to post it. (someone has to think of the children, lol)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICq2AuxYTTE]YouTube - Tony Snow Making Helen Thomas Look Like A Fool[/ame]

Breaking news: Helen Thomas is retiring.

What a pathetic way to end a long career. I didn't agree with most of what she wrote, but it's sad to see someone end her career in a public display of hateful self-destruction.

She brought it on herself.

You don't always have to say what you're thinking.

:clap2:

true dat.

Forum List

Back